March Mums Meet

good news is: i'm still not a definate no.....

bad news is: ferries are freakin expensive!!!!

£300 minimum.... that's any weekend in july.

thinkin it would be cheaper to fly and hire a car, but don't know how well that would work with a 4-5month old :confused:

Bloody hell!! Thats expensive!! Mind you its peak season?!

You can prob get cheap flights, baby will fly for free and it's only a short flight (just try to feed her on the way up and down to protect her ears!) and maybe someone can pick you up from the airport?

Just had a look on Opodo for you Debz and you could get return flights in July Belfast to Birmingham for £64 per adult inc all taxes and booking fees... that sounds significantly cheaper than the ferry!

ouch! im lookin at just over £100 on the train return for us!

Caz you can come with me...... unless OHs are coming so we wont fit :(

Anyone else in Derbys/Notts/Sheffield etc can come with me or we car share

thinkin it would be cheaper to fly and hire a car, but don't know how well that would work with a 4-5month old :confused:

norse irish ferry is that??

ouch! im lookin at just over £100 on the train return for us!

you should know booking early costs less ;)

norse irish ferry is that??

Checked Stenaline and Irish Ferries and they both came in pretty much the same :(

Holly - thanks for checkin that out for me.... that was on my to do tomorrow list :)

obviously not a March mom and not in the UK BUT I did fly with Hannah when she was 4.5 and 5 months old and I have to say it wasn't bad at all :)

i guess by then i'll be more organised..... i know in theory flying is do-able.... but in practice, going by my skills right now....
":rofl: :rofl: :rofl:" about sums it up :blush:

car seat for a hire car... how does that work? do hire companies have em or do i somehow need to get tat over with me.... (see.... useless i am!!! know nothin!)

We had no problems....she ate on the plane and slept a large majority of all the flights. The times she was up she was happy and played...just make sure to take some small toys to distract her during awake times and you'll be fine!

it'd only be a very short flight - about an hour i'd say, so hopefully entertaining her wouldn't be a prob :)

think i could be talked into this! :)

an hour you may get lucky and she'll sleep the entire flight ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->