March Mums Meet

S

Shifter

So there has been a murmur of interest in the idea of the March Mums Club getting together.

My general suggestion is a picnic one weekend in the summer, somewhere central so as many people can make it as possible. Ideally with a pub nearby in case of poor weather and for toilet facilities!

If people want to register their interest and then perhaps we can then find somewhere central to those who are up for it. We are as far flung as Northern Ireland, Aberdeen and Devon, but if those farthest away aren't up for it then we can look at where is most accessible for everyone who is up for it.

I'm happy to do the bulk of the planning, but I'm not a fan of trying to herd cats, so if it is going to be up to me I would greatly appreciate decisiveness from peeps :rofl:

UPDATE: So the place is Stratford-upon-Avon and the date is the weekend of 15th/16th August. A few of us have said we will book a room and make a weekend of it, but it's up to everyone depending on how far they have to travel.

UPDATE: New suggestion of date: 25th July.

UPDATE 2: Postponed until further notice in hopes of better attendance another time.

i would like to come - i am right down in kent but willing to travel and stay over in hotel if needs be (make a weekend of it with my OH and Ella) :) xx

I am up for it!!! We are in Dorset but again would happily stay somewhere overnight to make a weekend of it!!:hugs:

Stratford is lovely and very central!! We can go Warwick Castle and visit Shakespere touristy stuff? xx

Ooh count me in! Will be so good to finally meet everyone! X

Stratford is lovely and very central!! We can go Warwick Castle and visit Shakespere touristy stuff? xx

Mrs Educational :finger: I went there with school when I was 10 and remember thinking it was a beautiful area (saddo that I was!!!)

And I'm a definate maybe.... just need to "casually" convince hubby a nice weekend in England was his idea..... see, if everyone were from Dover I'd tell him we could go see where he was born... but that's a bit far south to be considered central :rofl:

Stratford is a really good idea! There are gorgeous parks and the river and B&Bs aplenty for peeps making a weekend of it :happydance:

When I went I got a really good deal off peak at the Hilton in Warwick/Stratford and was about £40 or £50 a room per night for both of us with breakfast :D

I would love to meet up but wouldn't be able to stay over anywhere, I could get to Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth etc in order to meet though :)

Count me in for meet. Both DH and I drive so position isn't a problem

I wish i could make it girls , But i have Laylas birthday June Finnleys July all to save up for.

Andy works weekends, And 2 kids and a little baby in the car to contend with while travelling long distance isnt a good idea lol.

I hope you all have a fab time, will be thinking of you . xx .

I wish i could make it girls , But i have Laylas birthday June Finnleys July all to save up for.

Andy works weekends, And 2 kids and a little baby in the car to contend with while travelling long distance isnt a good idea lol.

I hope you all have a fab time, will be thinking of you . xx .

:(

As for a date... some time in July or August? I was thinking summer hols for peeps with older kids but really whenever is most convenient for as many people as possible. If we do go for that time period we'll have to pick a weekend free of Ashes cricket :blush: Andy's going to check which weekends don't have tests so hopefully we can narrow it down to a selection of available weekends to start with.

wheres stratford? i get scared outside yorkshire walls...... think furthest i been in 12 years is bradford!

rite, boats and planes from here to there.... investigation required i think! *adds it to her to-do list*

I'm North West girls so depending wheres its held I'd love to meet the girls I spent my pregnancy with :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->