March Mums Meet

I just had a look at Enterprise, and they were £160 for friday-monday (that's an over-25 rate), for a full-blown people carrier. Ford Galaxy, that sort of thing. 7 seats plus luggage space.

A mini-MPV (Zafira, S-Max) would be just under £125. That's give up to 7 seats, but would lose most of the luggage space with all 7.

Suppose thats not too bad if halfing the cost + petrol ?

Considering that Holly & I would be looking at about £50 just for our fuel costs, yeah, not too bad.

rite.... i have a theory...... (this'll be good! :rolleyes:)

if i put all my child benefit away between Abz birth and say start of july, that will be £320
add that to whatever tax credits we end up getting and i can maybe justify it all to hubby as a "free" weekend away (free coz that's all £££ we haven't got used to having yet and so won't miss if we just put it away til then!)

:smug: how good am i at this?!

Thanks for the pm shifter about this thread! I don't get much time to come on my pc at all now. Hannah feeds sooooo much durung the day. Any way, I am up for a meeting. Will try and keep track of this thread but incase I don't can some one pm us all with the details please. I have missed my mm buddies xxx

well megan slept all night and woke for a bottle at half 6! So lots of sleep again, we just been lazy again today and just waiting for the canal boats parade to go past our window the joys x

We need a date. Shall I open the bidding with the weekend of 15-16th August?

That's fine by me :) just after I get mat pay so will have money to LOL

I know I wasn't preggers with you girlies, well I nearly was! BUT can I come along, I've looked into train costs, and form me it's only 20.00 return, lol only thing is it's 3 hr duration, so might need a hotel, lol.

If I'm welcome of course.

I know I wasn't preggers with you girlies, well I nearly was! BUT can I come along, I've looked into train costs, and form me it's only 20.00 return, lol only thing is it's 3 hr duration, so might need a hotel, lol.

You wouldn't be the only one. We're looking at around a 3 hour drive.

Might be worth someone doing a recce and finding some decent hotels/bnbs for those of us who have a long way to go. Maybe all try to end up in the same place?

wonder if they'd do a discount for multi-room booking..... :rofl: i'm a chancer!

Shining Star of course you'd be welcome!

I'm just going to check if there are any big events in Stratford that weekend, as it might mean rooms book up early!

According to this site it's all clear apart from some ongoing events throughout the whole month.

This site might be a good starting place for finding accommodation: https://www.stratford-upon-avon.co.uk/soaaccx.htm

Can you update the first post Shifter to say the date and place of the meet so we can see it at a glance pretty please hun xxx

It is a 2hr drive for us too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"