March Munchkins 2017 - calling all March Mummy's to be:)

Through necessity, I was up and mobile after 6 hours (the minimum time they would let me). Basically, as soon as the feeling was back in my legs, I was walking to NICU to be with Finlo. I showered 12 hours after the section and demanded my catheter out then too. I've had a very easy recovery. I have a small scar, no infection and there is just a baggy pouch of fatty tummy over my incision scar that I need to tone.
I feel proud and glad that I mobilised so fast. Everyone kept telling me I was overdoing things, but I know my body.
Good luck!

It's amazing what your body can do when it needs to. I was gutted they don't give codeine anymore but in hindsight it's a good thing as I'm almost painkiller free now, and it's only paracetamol and ibuprofen anyway

Holy different hospitals and drs polices is crazy
I was on 2 strong pain meds and a pain pump in hospital.
And my baby is 2 weeks old tomm and i still have narcotic pain meds from my doc

They said they don't allow codeine while bfing now 😟 They did give morphine but I'm allergic so I couldn't have it. I was tempted to get someone to sneak me in some over the counter codeine as I took it with my son while bfing and was fine, but I didn't just in case.

I had oramorph during the first few days. It worked so quickly with pain and also chilled me out. To be honest, I had it a few times to deal with my meltdowns and anxieties of my baby nearly dying. When I had intense pain one time (trapped wind I think), they also gave me diclofenac but it did nothing.
Since I was discharged on day 3, I've only used paracetamol and ibuprofen. They were fine.

Well its been a long time since i post something here since i post in the FB page but i think i should say congrats to the ladies that are not in the FB page and only use B&B as most of u know i had an amazing baby girl named Katerina Reina she was born 24th.Feb by csection, i was full sleeping because i had a panic attack 2hr before the section and i did not leave anyone to get close to me... so she was born 3850gr. 52cm she is 1month old this Friday. Post preg. I think is going good and i feel fine! I was walking and driving after the 1st week.

Attachments

• 20170303_142143.jpg
    20170303_142143.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 5
Congratulations everyone I can't believe are babies are all here :happydance: we had our beautiful baby girl 2 weeks ago now and she is just perfect :cloud9:

How many on this group are still waiting now it's April? I know there's one lady on the fb group but a few of you aren't over there.

Bryony arrived in the early hours of Friday morning so just made it into march!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->