Marchlands

I recorded it, was going to watch it now, but if it's scary I think I'll wait until tomorrow :lol:

its weird that one and im slightly lost on it lol is it showing how 3 different familys lived there? or do 2 of them live there/close atm ?

the lady whos daughter died is set in the 60's, the second family where their daughter can see the girl is in the 80's and then the preg couple is now...the guy in the shop is from the 80's family

ahh so his the older brother then that saw his mum hit the little girl who can see "alice"

^ Yeah, he is the older brother.

Im really enjoying it. Is it over 5 episodes?

I really enjoyed it x cant wait for next week x
I agree what is the guy with pregnant wife hiding?? what does he know?
also the dad of Alice, is he hiding something too??

I'm about to watch it...am I going to scare the poop out of myself??lol.xx

I thought it was quite good.

I was a bit worried it would upset me rather than scare me but I thought that so far they have done it really well.

And the way they are moving between the three families, from 1967 and the family whose little girl, Alice, died, to 1987 and the family whose daughter Amy can see Alice to the present day with the young couple who are expecting a baby was very good.

I thought that Tessa Peake Jones, who plays Alice's horrible grandmother was fantastic (and I hated her so much last night lol). But she has so perfectly captured the attitude of how bereaved parents were/are expected to get over the loss of a child and move on within a matter of weeks or months and how people think a lost child can be replaced with a new baby.

I was very pleased when her son stood up for his wife, but I suspect him of having something to do with Alice's death.

The scariest bit for me was Nisha, the pregnant woman, saying she liked the name Alice if the baby was a girl. It made me worry that Alice will possess the baby and be reborn.

ooh whats going on with that older woman???Does anyone else think that might be Alice's mum from the 1960's?xx

I was thinking that too Jody. I'm also thinking Alice was murdered and maybe trying to get the truth out. That's why with the 80's family the doll was drowning in the bath and the cat was drowned. Is the 80's girl being possessed too maybe? The present day husband is definitely hiding something but what? x

just watched further on and it's not..lol..ignore me and my ramblings :rofl: x

I was thinking that too Jody. I'm also thinking Alice was murdered and maybe trying to get the truth out. That's why with the 80's family the doll was drowning in the bath and the cat was drowned. Is the 80's girl being possessed too maybe? The present day husband is definitely hiding something but what? x

That's what I thought, ghosts hang around when they can't "rest" or they have a message to send. Maybe her dad has something to do with her death? He went to the lake didn't he, and saw an image of her drowning, plus like you said she drowned the kitten and then there was the doll in the bath. And turning the tap on in the kitchen... I didn't think it was a s scary as I thought which is good!

Maybe her dad was the one who drowned her, or at least, was responsible for her accident.

I think the older lady (I saw her on the trailer) is Alice's mum now and I think the pregnant woman somehow finds her as she digs deeper into the mystery and that's how she comes back to the house.

I thought there were some messages in the way the doll was in the bath and the kitten drowning too.

I don't know if the 80's girl, Amy, was possessed or just not believed by anyone about Alice and so she gets the blame for everything.

But I read a very creepy short story once, by Maggie O'Farrell, about a child that dies in an old house and is trapped there for decades while other families come and go. There are other children who sometimes see the ghost but it's only when a pregnant woman moves in that the ghost realises it can escape by sinking into her womb and taking over the body of the unborn baby. The story is told by the ghost, who doesn't seem to realise it has possessed someone elses body and ends as the baby is born, with the ghost realising that the woman is seeing him (I think it was a him) for the first time and it's because she has had the baby and the ghost is now that child.

It gave me the creeps, not because I didn't like the ghost but because it made me wonder what happened to the real baby, it's soul I suppose. Where did it go when the ghost took over?

And that's why I'm wondering if Alice will do that.

I watched this last night and cant wait for next episode, really enjoyed it. Is it weekly? Kx

i forgot it was on :hissy: will have to watch on itvplayer

Does anyone know when part 2 is on? I thought it was brill. Do you think the deaf/girl has anything to do with it? She was about the same age as Alice I think, just something niggling me, maybe she saw what happened? Or maybe in just guessing :haha:

Apparently there is quite a fright at the end of the next episode ladies!!Spare underwear at the ready! :rofl: xx

Maybe her dad was the one who drowned her, or at least, was responsible for her accident.

I think the older lady (I saw her on the trailer) is Alice's mum now and I think the pregnant woman somehow finds her as she digs deeper into the mystery and that's how she comes back to the house.

I thought there were some messages in the way the doll was in the bath and the kitten drowning too.

I don't know if the 80's girl, Amy, was possessed or just not believed by anyone about Alice and so she gets the blame for everything.

But I read a very creepy short story once, by Maggie O'Farrell, about a child that dies in an old house and is trapped there for decades while other families come and go. There are other children who sometimes see the ghost but it's only when a pregnant woman moves in that the ghost realises it can escape by sinking into her womb and taking over the body of the unborn baby. The story is told by the ghost, who doesn't seem to realise it has possessed someone elses body and ends as the baby is born, with the ghost realising that the woman is seeing him (I think it was a him) for the first time and it's because she has had the baby and the ghost is now that child.

It gave me the creeps, not because I didn't like the ghost but because it made me wonder what happened to the real baby, it's soul I suppose. Where did it go when the ghost took over?

And that's why I'm wondering if Alice will do that.

oooh maybe that's what the outcome will be then! I hadn't thought of that. Can't wait for the next episode! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->