Marchlands

Where do you think Alice's mum Ruth was when Alice died?

It just showed you next weeks trailer and her husband was shouting that at her? Do you think she was with another man?

Edited to put all that in a spoiler, I just described the entire episode.

Well, in the 1960's we had the horrible MiL interfering again, she made her son call a priest who told them it was their duty to have another baby. Alice's mum found her silver cross hanging on her gravestone and called the police. She said that her coat and cross were the only things missing from Alice's body and the policeman was rude "If you were drowning you'd try to get out of a heavy coat" and "If mothers like you did your job mine would be easier." Could have slapped him. It turned out that Alice was with her grandad when she drowned, he left her in the woods while he looked for the dog but when he came back she was gone. We saw Alice's swing moving with nobody on it. Alice's mum and dad had sex for the first time since she died.

In the 1980's they tested Amy for physical problems like brain tumours or blood clots but at the end they decided it was psychological and said it was probably because of something that had happened to her at home. They are calling social services in on the family. Little wet handprints kept appearing everywhere and Amy's brother saw the swing moving on it's own. It made him go dizzy and feel ill. We also saw Mark (the pregnant woman's husband) as a teenager talking to Amy's brother. He had just been given a labouring job at Marchlands and met the deaf girl for the first time. She lived there with her mum and I think they fancied each other.

And in the present day, Misha was struggling to get about on crutches while pregnant and kept hearing noises. She tried to stop a cupboard door banging and tore off some wallpaper and found some measurements of Alice at different ages. That's when she said "Hello little Alice." After that she left the bath running by accident and Alice turned the taps off for her.

Mark put an ad in the shop to find a cleaner/companion for Misha and an old lady applied. Misha wasn't happy but when she met her she liked her so she let her have the job. She turned out to be Alice's mum but Misha doesn't know that and neither she nor Mark know that Ruth used to live in the house.

Present day Ruth looked around the house and cried when he saw the painting on the wall and then we flashed back to Amy in the 1980's, also crying and leaning on that wall but with the painting covered with wallpaper. She was saying "I should have kept you a secret" and then we saw a very white, wet hand on the bed next to her, trying to hold her hand and comfort her.

And that was the end.

I'm going to watch it on itv player,sitting with my back to the wall:rofl:x

was soooo good last night x
You asking questions all the time which i really love x
Like what has the deaf girl & mark got to do with Alice?? seeing as the whole thing revolves around Marchlands & Alice iyswim x
I definitly think Alice drowning wasnt an accident because of how much Ruth is going on about her being a good girl & its something Alice would never do.

Cant wait for next weeks x:happydance:

Im also curious to know about Mark and what he has to do with it.

Apparently its based on this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oaks_(TV_series)

Apparently its based on this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Oaks_(TV_series)

I knew it was based on something but couldn't work out what!!!
its really good, and Im finding it quite easy to follow!!

just seen this thread! i knew the old woman was Ruth cos that actress did an interview on This Morning before it started :)

Were MArk and the deaf girl as teenagers set in the 80's? They must have been surely, wasn't it Amys brother he met at the bus shelter and had a swig of cider from?
So they couldn't really have had anything to do with Alices death which I first thought!

Did Mark react when Neesha asked him about calling the baby Alice? hmmm and surely he has seen Alices wall mural in her room that Neesha uncovered.

I'm not convinced Alices Dad had anything to do with it, maybe his Mother did though!

yeah their teenagers/young adults then.

I think he knows what happened!

I dont think its anything to do with alices dad.

I was sure Alice's dad had something to do with it.

right im now about to watch it,got my back against the wall so nothing can get me :rofl: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->