~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

Hi :wave:

Heidi, I wasn't given any advice. I wasn't thinking of TTC at 6 weeks so I didn't even think to ask either. I think it should be part of the 6 week docs appointment for them to discuss recommended times to TTC again really.

Well girls, I had a successful vbac. It clearly didnt put as much pressure on my scar cos I was only 24+3, but it was an induction, and tbh the labour felt every bit as intense as my three previous vaginal births. There was no pain in my scar whats so ever, which is great considering it hasnt healed.

Even though Riley Rae was born sleeping, I am proud of us for having a successful vbac

Oh Tasha i'm so sorry to hear Riley was born sleeping big :hugs: to you and your family xxx

I wasnt told about ttc and how long to wait. No one came to see me to explain anything after the section either and none of the midwives asked me how I was feeling about it tbh.

If I went into labour before my scheduled section date I'd try VBAC I think.

My scar is still sore and achey though so the thought of being pregnant while mine is still obviously healing freaks me out lol. It hurts enough when I have a period lol xx

mine seems to ache when it's time of the month but i wouldn't say it was particularly sore now... that's 5months down the line. by the time 12months rolls around i'm hoping i'd be fine

Tasha...I have said it already on FB...but you are an amazing mummy :hugs:

Have any of you tried Hipp Organic First Milk? Reviews? I've heard its good for unsettled tummies??

Hey Ness :wave:

How's you and Ava?

I have heard Hipp is a good milk...have you tried Aptamil?...in what way is her tummy unsettled?
x

i can recommend aptamil - pixie has been fine on it... she had sore tums but that was due to colic etc... :(

hi ladies

ive just found your thread and wanted to join.heres my info

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s:Mayze 29/04/07
EDD: 17/05/07
Number of elective Caesareans: 0
Number of emergency Caesareans: 1
Number of vaginal births: 0

I am diabetic and got induced at 37 +1 due to rising protein levels in my urine. I had spent week is in hospital previously having urine collections done. They levels finally steadied and i got sent home on the monday 23rd to be brought back i on the thursday whilst at clinic to be induced on the friday. I laboured until late saturday night, then i started to push and she got stuck so emergency section it was. She was born at 12.13am.
She is now a thriving nearly 4 year old!!!

So now im pregnant with my second (17 wks today) and i want an elective section. My consultant is fab as he asked what i wanted and said that was fine. My reasons being is that my family live over an hourfrom me and they would need to come over to be with mayze whilst i was in labour which would be so unpredictable so planning the day it would actually happen would be a lot easier. We dont speak to hubbys family so cant rely on them. And also my mum works so its better for her too for it to be on a set day. Also i dont want to labour agaion for 25 hours for the babyto get stuck again! (she was 8lbs 11 oz!!!) They are hoping to do the section at 38/39 weeks but mayze did come at 37 weeks so the baby may come earlier than expected.

one question i have- if like before the baby needed to come out early like mayze did (say at 37 weeks) but my section wasnt planned until 1-2 weeks after- would they just do a section then or would i have to be induced and labour like before??

:flower:

Hiya Lincoln Girl :wave:

They would book your section for 39ish weeks...but if the need arose to deliver earlier they would take you into theatre in a space slotted in between their planned sections that day...that is what happened with me.

My elective was booked for 1st November...28th October they decided she needed to come out, so they sectioned me first thing on the morning of the 29th :thumbup:

Hiya

I just want to say what a lovely thread this is. I am currently pregnant with #1 and have tokophobia (fear of childbirth) which I have had since my teens (I am 28 this year) and it got worse over last 6-7 years. I am currently seeing along with my own midwife, a hypnobirthing midwife, a psychotherapist & under the care of a consultant at the hospital. I am trying to conquer this fear but as it stands it is v.likely I will have a c-section.

I hate the phobia as it makes me feel not 100% woman because of how it makes me feel about such a 'natural' process as birthing a child. It doesnt help that I have a history of stress, anxiety, depression and panic attacks (I am a wreck! Lol). I have heard such terible things about c-sections and the though of it terrifies me (not as much as natural delivery). The thought of the epidural, catheter and being in unbearable pain afterwards and crying like a silly idiot!! BUT because of the phobia it is hard to get over these anxieties. I also have a horrible thought of being forced into a natural delivery and then end up rejecting my baby as some women with this phobia can do. I want to do everything I can to make sure I have the strongest bond with my baby!

It is lovely to see a support thread like this for those who have had sections whether they be emergency or elective.

xx

aw hun - just think of it this way. if it was so horrifying no one would do it more than once hehe i am already thinking of ttc #2 this year! i am sure you will do fine when your time comes :hugs: and hypnobirthing is very good. i read the book and practiced the breathing which helped me a lot :flower:

aw hun - just think of it this way. if it was so horrifying no one would do it more than once hehe i am already thinking of ttc #2 this year! i am sure you will do fine when your time comes :hugs: and hypnobirthing is very good. i read the book and practiced the breathing which helped me a lot :flower:

That is what I keep trying to tell myself! And it kind of adds to the frustration. Lol. I have the book and cd just hope even if it gets me through being pregnant it is better than nothing. Did you have a c-section? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->