~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

Girls do any of you have bruising sensation above your section scar like where your uterus is but below your belly button. It gets so sore sometimes I have to take diclofenac :( I'm getting a bit scared of getting pregnant again because of the scar...

though we wont be ttc again til next September x

heyyady, I wouldn't worry too much, after only two weeks you are still pretty fresh. I don't think I had the nerve to even look at my scar for a few weeks! They should check it at your 2 week appointment. By the way, your twins are beautiful!!!

:hi: ladies!

My daughter, Elyse, is a healthy little girl born March 13/09 by emergency c-section, at 38+5.

I had a couple of post partum infections :( I'm really afraid of uterine rupture if I were to get pregnant in the future. Have the Mirena in now and LO is 2, we're not trying yet or planning to in the near future, but since so many things that 'went wrong' with my labour/c-section healing were uncommon/rare, I'm afraid that this will happen to me too.

She told me she would never recommend trying to have a VBAC in my case, which I understand and agree with but I'm still worried about it for the future.

welcome to all the new ladies :wave:

Nessicle, around my scar felt very bruised for a few months, but eventually got better, mine's nearly a year on and i have all feeling back around it and i dont feel as creeped out about touching it like i used to, its only now t hat i would be quite happy to be pregnant again and not feel to much panic over the scar.

Awww...:cloud9::cloud9: Adorable, many Congratulations

With regard to your scar, you really should get it looked at, as any 'smell' could mean an infection. I have had 3 csections now & the first 2 healed really well, but my 3rd developed a small infection, I realised after I noticed a smell (tmi!) Antibiotics cleared it in no time :thumbup:

Well turns out it was silent reflux all along! She has been on infant gaviscon but it doesnt seem to help so is on carobel now which is a feed thickener helping it stay down rather than travel back up her throat and she's feeding so much better. No tummy issues either!

xx

Aww, poor Ava...:hugs: I thought her symptoms sounded similair to Meadows (& she has silent reflux).....Its really awfull isnt it :hugs:

bio Oil helped with my itchy scar - it doesn't itch anymore though... in fact i get no bother with it what so ever :)

you're wee tori is just gorg btw... i wanted to get some cute hair bows like that for Pixie but i don't know where to get them here :S

How is everyone doing? Hope all the new mummy's are recovering well x

hey x__amour random question but where did you get that cute headband in your avatar? i am looking for some for pixie and can't find any :( i love that T-shirt your little girl has on too. i just love froggies ^____^

hope everyone is well. in the last 2 weeks ive lost 9lb :happydance: the overhang is going! woop woop lol

Hi :flower:

Sebastian 23/07/10
Edd 23/07/10
Emergency c-section

Was hoping to have a home birth with everything set up, waters broke at home on the 21st, but by 23rd I was still only 4cm, so decided to go to hospital. Had a failed epidural with a back to back baby, meconium found and started to have a high temperature and very low blood pressure. Sebastian was well and truly stuck so an emergency c-section under GA was called for.

Was in hospital for 5 days due to lo and me being on antibiotics.

Still cry now thinking about the birth :cry:

We are looking to NTNP around July and TTC from Sept, and will be having another c-section

welcome janidog :wave: Sebastian is just adorable!
So sorry you had a hard time. Glad to see your going to be WTT/TTC again soon :)

hey x__amour random question but where did you get that cute headband in your avatar? i am looking for some for pixie and can't find any :( i love that T-shirt your little girl has on too. i just love froggies ^____^

hope everyone is well. in the last 2 weeks ive lost 9lb :happydance: the overhang is going! woop woop lol

Sorry I'm just getting back to you, hon. I haven't checked this thread in a little. Well, I'm from the US but I get my bows from Target, Wal-Mart and Babies R Us. The outfit I have no idea where it's from, MIL gave it to Tori. :shrug:

Hiya Ladies!
Can I join?

Faith born 26/06/2010
Edd 19/06/10
Emergency c-section

DH and I are in talks about when to TTC number 2 at the moment. I think I would verge towards wanting a VBAC although I do get easily freaked out and worry about all that could go wrong :wacko::nope: but I hated the recovery from my emergency section and after it got infected 5 days PP and started opening I figured a natural birth recovery had to be easier!??! :wacko::wacko:

Just want it to be as safe as possible for the next LO and me :thumbup:

Hi newbies and welcome!!

Just thought I'd share this with you: AIMS contacted me the other day about putting my story (my home and water birth refusals due to a high BMI) into one of their latest reports. They mentioned this book they have about VBACs and I thought I'd share the link: https://www.aims.org.uk/ (then go to Publications). I've not read it or anything, so can't recommend but I'll be buying it when I fall pregnant :)

hi Lownthwaite! :wave: Faith is my LO's middle name :thumbup: Do you know when you will be TTC for #2 yet?

Thanks for the link mrsraggle i would imagine it would be an interesting read, let hope we can both buy it soon :winkwink:

ugh i have major butt ache tonight just cant sit comfortably with out it aching. I'm now starting to worry it will be loads worse when i'm pregnant again, although i did suffer with hip joint pain anyway :shrug:

hi Lownthwaite! :wave: Faith is my LO's middle name :thumbup: Do you know when you will be TTC for #2 yet?

Thanks for the link mrsraggle i would imagine it would be an interesting read, let hope we can both buy it soon :winkwink:

:hi:

At the moment DH is saying he wants to have the next one whan LO turns 2 so that would be us TTC in about September this year although I have said that right now I'm not too sure about it yet - I think I need to wait longer - although who knows how I'll feel in September. Although whether I decided to agree to TTC to deliver when Faith is 2 then I would like it to be TTC in November or December as I don't think we could afford 2 June birthdays! :dohh::haha:

Have you set a month? x

Hi newbies and welcome!!

Just thought I'd share this with you: AIMS contacted me the other day about putting my story (my home and water birth refusals due to a high BMI) into one of their latest reports. They mentioned this book they have about VBACs and I thought I'd share the link: https://www.aims.org.uk/ (then go to Publications). I've not read it or anything, so can't recommend but I'll be buying it when I fall pregnant :)

Thanks for sharing the link :flower:

I read the first part & was suprised to read:

*Working towards normal birth

It makes it sound as though our babies csection births were abnormal, think they could have said 'natural' rather than 'normal'! :dohh:

ugh i have major butt ache tonight just cant sit comfortably with out it aching. I'm now starting to worry it will be loads worse when i'm pregnant again, although i did suffer with hip joint pain anyway :shrug:

I had awful hip pain of a night time for weeks when I was pregnant with Ellie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->