~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

well mine is definitely heavier! not enjoying having a period again!

is anyone finding that sometimes their AF is rather heavier than normal? oh how i didn't miss her visits when pregnant :haha:

Can't comment - still awaiting AF - not had one for 19 months now! :dohh:

2 months after Pixie mines were REALLY heavy but it's dying down now thank god.. still heavy though u__u
is anyone finding that sometimes their AF is rather heavier than normal? oh how i didn't miss her visits when pregnant :haha:

you are lucky to be breastfeeding though - my milk never came through properly :( i'm sure it's nice not to have AF but at the same time if you DTD i'd panic!

2 months after Pixie mines were REALLY heavy but it's dying down now thank god.. still heavy though u__u

you are lucky to be breastfeeding though - my milk never came through properly :( i'm sure it's nice not to have AF but at the same time if you DTD i'd panic!

Yeah its great not having AF but we are only using condoms as don't want to use hormonal contraceptives whilst I'm BF - getting pregnant is always at the back of my mind :dohh::wacko:

Mine have always been heavy so I didn't really get any different! I think the first one hurt a lot more than I was used to though.

well mine is definitely heavier! not enjoying having a period again!

Mine have gotten heavier since having my monkey, but was meant to get the coil fitted, but have decided to TTC soon :happydance:

Hiya

I posted on this a while ago. In my first pregnancy and am v.scared. I have a horrible phobia of childbirth (& also bumps) and have done since my teens. I have been trying to work through it but I really think I will have a section. The closer I get though the more petrified I am of this also! I just keep imagining the epidural will be terrible, the catheter will be horrible and after its done I will be in total agony and wont be able to walk and look after my baby!! It really worries me but I know this is the best option for my baby and me. the MW has said if I go in with thos fear/phobia that I my body would very likely shutdown and I would fail to progress and end up being emergency sectioned anyway!!! I know there will be pain after the epidural wears off but I just imagine the worst ever!! I have been told I underestimate my own strength and ability to cope!

I like to read this thread as there is a lot of positivity from you ladies!!

xx

you don't feel the epidural :) if anything you feel the uncomfortableness of the injection used to numb your back :)

i was up just a few hours after having mine too. yes it's a bit strange but you're not in total agony. it's not pain afterwords either. you can tell who has had a section because they walk REALLY SLOW and like they've just been on a horse. thats what i was told by my wonderful OH :haha:

you don't feel the epidural :) if anything you feel the uncomfortableness of the injection used to numb your back :)

i was up just a few hours after having mine too. yes it's a bit strange but you're not in total agony. it's not pain afterwords either. you can tell who has had a section because they walk REALLY SLOW and like they've just been on a horse. thats what i was told by my wonderful OH :haha:

i dnt mind injections but that is one i woukd really dread. Lol. Lol. That bit about the horse made me laugh! :D I will remember that when i am trying to get up and about. Loool. Thank u! xx

After my section I remember walking around half bent over like a little old woman with a hunchback! Although my midwives kept saying to try to walk normally to help it heal correctly. :dohh:

i remember walking slightly hunched too - think it's because i was scared i would do something to the section - which is obviously understandable.

hulahoop09: honestly hun, it's fine. i hate injections nevermind that! but i was fine :) don't think about the epidural if you need one - think of getting to meet your little one :)
i remember lying there thinking "oh i get to meet peanut :D:D:D.... oh my god they can see EVERYTHING below my boobs!!" :rofl:

Well, I'm off to the OB/GYN later today to have a follow up check up on my IUD and probably speak to him about PPD. Can it start almost 6 months later?! :cry:

i remember walking slightly hunched too - think it's because i was scared i would do something to the section - which is obviously understandable.

hulahoop09: honestly hun, it's fine. i hate injections nevermind that! but i was fine :) don't think about the epidural if you need one - think of getting to meet your little one :)
i remember lying there thinking "oh i get to meet peanut :D:D:D.... oh my god they can see EVERYTHING below my boobs!!" :rofl:

I know I keep thinking, I get my baby!! Haha I will be thinking that now, they can see it all!!! :haha: Another thing that kind of helps me through is the fact that some people cant have children so I should be grateful for that. Also a friend of mine passed away earlier this year and she was pregnant, she knew we were trying but I never got to tell her I was pregnant as I got my BFP a week to the day she passed away and I just keep thinking she would have been happy for us and she would have wanted me to be brave!! :cry:

I need to realise that I can be strong!!!

xx

This is a great group! I'm glad I found it. My c-section was termed not emergency but necessary. I was being induced through the night, (they'd started that pill on the cervix to help it soften-don't remember the name-pitocin was not going to be started till morning,) but the baby's heartrate dropped a little with each contraction. They put me on oxygen and stopped the pill. My contractions spaced apart more after that which helped lo, but my pattern had indicated that my pelvis was too small for labor. Also, I hadn't dilated at all, and she hadn't dropped at all. So I had my section in the morning. It was nerve-wracking, but everything went so quickly. Because I'm too small for natural delivery, I'll have repeat c section with any future pregnancies. Also, by ob doesn't do vbac. Nice to meet you ladies!

hi :)

I had an emergency setion due to my baby being in distress and i honestly only felt a tiny prick when the needle went in to numb me! didn't feel the spinal whatsoever and didn't feel the tugging etc etc, i was just so glad to meet my baby girl! Also, i was in fear of the catheter but it was the weirdest feeling in the world! didn't feel it going in, and it was soo strange not feeling like i needed to pee afterwards! also, i promise that having it removed is not sore at all! The thing which annoyed me the most was the cannula in my hand afterwards as i was scared i knocked it! But honestly, think of it as a positive experience and a big plus is that your lady bits are in still in one piece afterwards :)

My canular was falling out so since it wasn't needed anymore I just put the rest of it out haha! . . That cathitor is one sexy thing. A piss bag and matching dvt tights haha!

hi everyone :)

i had am emergency section almost 11 weeks ago due to a distressed little baby!
i've healed up well, except an infection in my scar but i feel really good now.

i had my first period 3 weeks ago and went back onto my pill.
my period arrived today as expected and i feel fine, just normal crampy exactly as i was pre-pregnancy. However, on my pad there was a thick "skin-like thing". perhaps an inch long and it was bit bloody but not a blood clot. I'm assuming its some sort of left over tissue or something like that...
Has anyone experienced this?
i'm not in pain, i feel fine, normal period blood etc etc...

thanks ladies :)

Going through the same as you (although I have the coil) and mine has been like that for a month now. I went doctors and he said its post labour junk, and it can take up till 9 months for body to completely flush out. Kinda gross eh.

oooh good to know -I'm still passing loads of gunky crap and was a bit worried lol x

Why do they insist on putting cannulas in your hands? Its THE most painful and awkward place! I had to have mine re-sited 4 times I looked like a junkie by the time they'd done with me!

Had to have it put in my wrist for the blood transfusion :(

Hi ladies, Can I come in please, I have just found this, what a great group. So here is my story...

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s: Elsie 07/12/09 EDD: 15/12/09 & Harri 23/03/11 born sleeping at 20 weeks :cry:
Number of elective Caesareans: 0
Number of emergency Caesareans: 1 Elsie
Number of vaginal births: 1 Harri

So with Elsie i had an ec/s due to her being breech see her birth story for more details https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...ival-our-little-elsie-only-7-months-late.html.

Harri was born at 20 weeks sleeping. He was my 1st VBAC, with hopefully more to come. It was a v.special birth, as it was a waterbirth, which I have been told I would not be allowed if I was having a VBAC with a full term baby due to the risk of the scar rupturing. However if I do get to give birth again I will be pushing to have a water VBAC

xxx

hi :)

I had an emergency setion due to my baby being in distress and i honestly only felt a tiny prick when the needle went in to numb me! didn't feel the spinal whatsoever and didn't feel the tugging etc etc, i was just so glad to meet my baby girl! Also, i was in fear of the catheter but it was the weirdest feeling in the world! didn't feel it going in, and it was soo strange not feeling like i needed to pee afterwards! also, i promise that having it removed is not sore at all! The thing which annoyed me the most was the cannula in my hand afterwards as i was scared i knocked it! But honestly, think of it as a positive experience and a big plus is that your lady bits are in still in one piece afterwards :)

Thanks so much for this post, helped me feel more at ease!! I dont mind cannulas, i had to have one when I went in for day surgery to have a large area of cells removed from my cervix.

My friend has recently had am emergency c-section and she said that the pain she had after was more sore than anything else. She said it wasnt total agony! She is up and about and doing really well and I was even able to look at her cut which is just like a line on her skin!!! She said the worst thing for her was when her ankles feet and legs were swollen!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->