~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

Why do they insist on putting cannulas in your hands? Its THE most painful and awkward place! I had to have mine re-sited 4 times I looked like a junkie by the time they'd done with me!

Had to have it put in my wrist for the blood transfusion :(

They couldn't get mine in the top of my hand as my vein wasn't straight enough, it fucking hurt them trying :growlmad: So it had to go in the side of my wrist at the top of my thumb! I still have a small scar.

Funniest thing I rememeber bout my section as I was so paranoid I'd beable to feel the pain was they asked my to life up my legs, I tried and obviously couldn't, but I kept trying so hard and did a big fart with the pressure :rofl:

Funniest thing I rememeber bout my section as I was so paranoid I'd beable to feel the pain was they asked my to life up my legs, I tried and obviously couldn't, but I kept trying so hard and did a big fart with the pressure :rofl:

............:haha::blush::haha::blush::haha:

hi :)

I had an emergency setion due to my baby being in distress and i honestly only felt a tiny prick when the needle went in to numb me! didn't feel the spinal whatsoever and didn't feel the tugging etc etc, i was just so glad to meet my baby girl! Also, i was in fear of the catheter but it was the weirdest feeling in the world! didn't feel it going in, and it was soo strange not feeling like i needed to pee afterwards! also, i promise that having it removed is not sore at all! The thing which annoyed me the most was the cannula in my hand afterwards as i was scared i knocked it! But honestly, think of it as a positive experience and a big plus is that your lady bits are in still in one piece afterwards :)

Thanks so much for this post, helped me feel more at ease!! I dont mind cannulas, i had to have one when I went in for day surgery to have a large area of cells removed from my cervix.

My friend has recently had am emergency c-section and she said that the pain she had after was more sore than anything else. She said it wasnt total agony! She is up and about and doing really well and I was even able to look at her cut which is just like a line on her skin!!! She said the worst thing for her was when her ankles feet and legs were swollen!!

xx

i insisted the hospital remove my catheter the next morning, just so i could get started walking and peeing! i was going to be released on the Friday morning (i had my section wednesday 8:30am) but then they took my LO to intensive care so i ended up in the hospital for a week! but i found it more uncomfortable than painful - i was BF Tabitha in intensive care and doing it 5 x a day so there was no way i was being wheeled up and down to visit her so me and my OH took reaaaaallllly slow walks up and down to see her. i really believe that getting up and being active really helped with the recovery. Although, once i'd been home 3 weeks i obviously wasn't taking it easy enough and my scar became infected! i think i had gotten too cocky about all the people saying how well i healed and i just didn't take it quite easy enough!
So my advice is, yes rest and heal but also a really slow walk and just don't be afraid to ask for help! :hugs:

They took my cannula out before they should've (I had an infection) and then asked if they could put one back in for one more dose! I refused... I couldn't take being poked with any more needles!!!

They took my cannula out before they should've (I had an infection) and then asked if they could put one back in for one more dose! I refused... I couldn't take being poked with any more needles!!!

This is probably a very dumb question:haha:, but what's a cannula? Is it the IV where the pain meds are given?

This is probably a very dumb question:haha:, but what's a cannula? Is it the IV where the pain meds are given?

Yup kinda, it is where they put needle in your hand where they then can attach you to a bag of fluid or antibiotics incase of infection etc. xx

Its a little piece of plastic that sits it your hand/vein to administer meds quickly :)

Yea plastic not needle! Doh me :D makes it awkward to eat damned things! lol. Xx

i had mine in the side of my hand after the girl ballzed up putting it on the top of my hand. my hand was all swollen and bruised for like a week :( so was my leg from the injections to stop blood clots

It was the first time I've ever had a cannula, first time I have ever had an operation and so I thought the cannula was actualy a needle in my wrist. I was so paranoid taking a shower etc, until the nurse took it out and I realise it was just a piece of plastic.

Obviously I wasn't looking when they put it in.

I can be so think sometimes :)

Question, Ladies- How long do you have to wait to have sex? I am SOOO afraid of splitting my incision Open!

Question, Ladies- How long do you have to wait to have sex? I am SOOO afraid of splitting my incision Open!

I think we waiting until 6 weeks when i was back on BCP:thumbup:

I'm an anomaly... 5 months! But it wasn't anything to do with my scar. It was just tiredness!

mrsraggle you are not alone... it was months for me too!!! :blush: Love your hungry caterpiller siggy

i think i was about 4 weeks... tried earlier but i found it felt way too tender!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->