~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

I hate it when people say that! Hello??? I just had major abdominal surgery?! And I've delivered both ways - one was the vaginal birth from hell (19 years ago today, in fact!) and believe me the cesarean hurt worse!

i'm not ttrying to start a heated debate here, but has anyone ever said to you "be glad u had a section, natural birth is painful" i wish ppl would understand c sections hurt too!!!!!

I wish every single day that I didn't have to have a c-section. :( Not that I had much of a choice but still... I don't think people understand the recovery that is involved! C-section is MAJOR surgery! I know someone who's parents forced her to have a c-section so she would have "better sex" in the future... :nope:

Yeah. Hate how some people refer to it as an easy way out which its not by all means. I wish I had pixie nauturally but hey! Attempting a VBac for #2

i'm not ttrying to start a heated debate here, but has anyone ever said to you "be glad u had a section, natural birth is painful" i wish ppl would understand c sections hurt too!!!!!

Anyone who said that to me is likely to get a slap!

I wish every single day that I didn't have to have a c-section. :( Not that I had much of a choice but still... I don't think people understand the recovery that is involved! C-section is MAJOR surgery! I know someone who's parents forced her to have a c-section so she would have "better sex" in the future... :nope:

WHAT!!!

Yeah. Hate how some people refer to it as an easy way out which its not by all means. I wish I had pixie nauturally but hey! Attempting a VBac for #2

The only people who refer to it as an easy way out have obviously never had it - is a hysterectomy (sp?) an easy thing??? Its basically the same op - certainly the its the same cut/scar BAH!!:growlmad::growlmad:

It pees me off seriously - I wanted as natural birth as I could -needed a csection as Caitlyn's cord was so tightly wrapped around her neck it wouldnt even let her engage. If I had gone into labour naturally the BEST outcome I could have hoped for would have been an emergency section - the worst option I refuse to think about.

Mizze xx

the only reason i had to have a section was because Pixie was breach and getting very distressed :( poor baby. i had a positive section experience though which i guess i am lucky for

the only reason i had to have a section was because Pixie was breach and getting very distressed :( poor baby. i had a positive section experience though which i guess i am lucky for

Yes my actual section experience was pretty good - all calm, excellent staff -only scary bit were the moments before she cried. Didnt affect my milk either. The worst bit about the section itself was after a few hours seeing my feet but being unable to move them - hated that. :wacko:

Mizze xx

My milk never came in. I don't know I i can blame the section on that. I didn't mind not being able to move I was knackered anyway! Lol my OH was excellent too. :)

I've been hearing recently that women who have caesareans are more likely to have problems breastfeeding, it's definitely been the case for me!

^^^ i mentioned about BF earlier on in the thread and there was lots of positive experiences about BF after a section, i'm hoping to BF #2 :thumbup:

^^^ i mentioned about BF earlier on in the thread and there was lots of positive experiences about BF after a section, i'm hoping to BF #2 :thumbup:

Yep didnt affect me at all Heidi - Id never heard that it would beforehand and mw and hv's never mentioned it as an issue and I wonder if not knowing was better as it never entered my head - but my milk came in normally. I think some traumatic sections can affect milk but its not a given.

Mizze xx (still bf after 4 months!)

I'm still breastfeeding and am determined to keep at it but it just did ring true for me. I'm a very tense and anxious person at the best of times so maybe I'd have run into problems anyway :flower:

Originally Posted by Kates1122

I hate that assumption! I have experienced both and would hands down have a vaginal birth over c section. My c section recovery was long and painful. Some people have no tact.

I'm still breastfeeding and am determined to keep at it but it just did ring true for me. I'm a very tense and anxious person at the best of times so maybe I'd have run into problems anyway :flower:

Hiya my breastfeeding buddy! :flower:

I didn't find that the section affected my feeding as such - just the antibiotics after the section gave me thrush - so I think that would of been avoided had I had a natural birth without the need for antibiotics :dohh:

hi ladies ive just had my fourth section and got sterlised at the same time, i only had it last week but i dont know if the pain is anything to do with getting sterilised too as my stomach feels like it is on fire but the scar doesnt hurt at all, during the section i had to have my bladder seperated from the placenta and other things dont know what exactly but was in theatre for over 3 hours for my section which shud of took well less than an hour do you think this extra work has made it more painful as i really thought the more sections you had the less painful they wud be xxxxxxxx

Hiya my breastfeeding buddy! :flower:

I didn't find that the section affected my feeding as such - just the antibiotics after the section gave me thrush - so I think that would of been avoided had I had a natural birth without the need for antibiotics :dohh:

Hello ! :hi:

Wonder if that's what meant by it, I don't think the section itself has caused us problems with feeding, it's the infections, healing time, etc more than anything.

hi :)
i had an emergency section a Tabitha was in distress and my milk came in really good! i BF for a week while she was in intensive care and a week @ home but when i came out my HV made me so paranoid about her weight i stopped :( i really wish i hadn't, wish i had kept on going as i had no bother expressing etc etc. Ok, my nipples were sore but i'm sure they would'be toughened up pretty quick!
Oh and might i add that although she is wee, (9th centile) she continually had stayed in the curve, always gaining and never losing even when i BF her! Grrrrr!

hi ladies ive just had my fourth section and got sterlised at the same time, i only had it last week but i dont know if the pain is anything to do with getting sterilised too as my stomach feels like it is on fire but the scar doesnt hurt at all, during the section i had to have my bladder seperated from the placenta and other things dont know what exactly but was in theatre for over 3 hours for my section which shud of took well less than an hour do you think this extra work has made it more painful as i really thought the more sections you had the less painful they wud be xxxxxxxx

I would say it seems like having the extra surgery during your section is causing the it to hurt more as you've probably got more healing to do than just the c-section, hope it improves :hugs:

Hi new mommies!

I found out yesterday that we're expecting #2 so will have to start thinking about VBAC/Elective Section at some point over the coming months :S

Hi new mommies!

I found out yesterday that we're expecting #2 so will have to start thinking about VBAC/Elective Section at some point over the coming months :S

Congratulations MrsRaggle!!! Exciting!! :happydance:

Any idea on what you'll choose?? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"