~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

you&me- I did the binding after for a couple weeks- this is what I used
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0WZ2DK046BAP19T0MZZ9
Gabrialla Breathable Elastic Abdominal Binder for Women
by Gabrialla
51AFDFqxklL._AA300_PIbundle-1,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20.jpg
I only stopped using it because I developed an allergic reaction to elastic and in combination with the adhesive reaction issues I was having (bloody hives where they taped me up after surgery :sick: ) I had to stop using it- but it was fab when I could use it!

I haven't braved shaving yet :wacko:

I wonder if it will do me any good?...my muscles are pretty shot after having had 2 sections already!! :haha:

i was going to do binding after a normal birth but... i never got round to buying a belt... maybe i would have less of an overhang if i used one :haha: i think for the 2nd pregnancy i will invest in one. I felt after my section that area felt very erm fragile

I was wondering how you ladies get over (if you had to) the nervousness that is not tearing when making love, or shaving for example? Sounds daft AS, but I am very nervous about both the above that neither have happened yet.

Thanks & hello!

We dtd after 6 weeks and just made sure DH didn't rub against my scar, it was totally fine.
As for shaving I didnt!! It freaked me out to much, my scar goes right through my bikini line it was only two or three months ago i had a go at shaving and didnt do a very good job so i used hair removal cream instead which says dont put on scars so i was just careful to put it around it, didnt turn out to bad lol

you&me- I did the binding after for a couple weeks- this is what I used
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0WZ2DK046BAP19T0MZZ9
Gabrialla Breathable Elastic Abdominal Binder for Women
by Gabrialla
View attachment 214252
I only stopped using it because I developed an allergic reaction to elastic and in combination with the adhesive reaction issues I was having (bloody hives where they taped me up after surgery :sick: ) I had to stop using it- but it was fab when I could use it!

I haven't braved shaving yet :wacko:

I've never even heard of these! very interesting :thumbup:

i've never heard of these either,mite have to look in2 getting 1 after nxt baby.do amazon do them for us ladies in the uk?

i've never heard of these either,mite have to look in2 getting 1 after nxt baby.do amazon do them for us ladies in the uk?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_s...s=aps&field-keywords=Abdominal+Binder&x=0&y=0

They are around £20 :flower:

thank you i definatly think my tummy could do with 1 of those:thumbup:

Alright ladies, I need some advice.

So, the reason I had an emergency c-section with my LO was because I had insufficient pelvic space and her heart rate plummeted. So after 32 hours of labor I was rushed off to the OR. Anyways. Anytime I watch a regular vaginal birth I cry and feel so gutted about it. With my next LO in a few years... I want to try VBAC but I don't know if I'm being idiotic or delusional. I just want to... try. I want to have that moment of euphoria so badly. But I wonder if I'm being stupid and putting myself/LO at a greater risk or if I do end up having a vaginal birth if it'll get all messed up and have to be assisted. I don't know. Would it be totally unrealistic for me to at least try a VBAC now that I'm not as small as before?

:sad1:

don't cry hun. i know a month or so after having pixie i felt the same. i wanted to push so badly! but, push or not we brought beautiful babies into the world and grew them in our tummys... we should all be proud of that.

i too want to try for a VBAC and if that's what you truly want to do i am sure if you consulted in your Dr they'd be able to advise you on what's best for you and your LO

I want to try for a VBAC with our next baby, but we will be in America at that time and I have a feeling I'll be fought at every turn!

aw you're in arbroath! i'm only 6miles from you. lol

don't cry hun. i know a month or so after having pixie i felt the same. i wanted to push so badly! but, push or not we brought beautiful babies into the world and grew them in our tummys... we should all be proud of that.

i too want to try for a VBAC and if that's what you truly want to do i am sure if you consulted in your Dr they'd be able to advise you on what's best for you and your LO

Oh I agree with you 100% and I too wanted to push... I still feel like that when I see V birth. My V birth mummy friends think I am mental and wish they had had a section :dohh:

Ozzi- most OB/GYNs here are more than willing to let you try for a VBAC unless there are major complications- they've actually become quite common :)

Ozzi- most OB/GYNs here are more than willing to let you try for a VBAC unless there are major complications- they've actually become quite common :)

That's good to know! I know there is a midwife center in San Francisco. I might never get a VBAC if our next LO has heart block as well.

i'm sure if you want a VBAC and made that clear and everything is fine with you and your little one i don't see why they should deny you that :)

So pleased to see this thread. I hope you don't mind me popping in. I had a cat-2 emergency section with my daughter just over 9 months ago. Good to see all the c-section Mama's looking after each other :) -x-

So pleased to see this thread. I hope you don't mind me popping in. I had a cat-2 emergency section with my daughter just over 9 months ago. Good to see all the c-section Mama's looking after each other :) -x-

:wave: welcome Drazic :hugs:

Hi xx :wave:

Anyone (in the UK) joined a Pushy Mums group - Im thinking of doing it to shift the extra stone even BF wont shift but wasnt sure if pre 6m it was a good idea with a section birth - any advice/experiences?

Mizze xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"