~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

Hi girls can i come in?

I'm Leah ... I've had 3 c-sections and if we are lucky enough to conceive again i will be having a 4th and final c-section :wacko:

My 1st was an emergency and then the following 2 were elective.. :( Biggest regret of my life was electing for them, but i was so scared of history repeating itself that i chickened out of a VBAC.. And i know that theres not a consultant around here that would even entertain a VBA3C.

Anyhoo enough of my ramblings :flower: xx

Hi girls can i come in?

I'm Leah ... I've had 3 c-sections and if we are lucky enough to conceive again i will be having a 4th and final c-section :wacko:

My 1st was an emergency and then the following 2 were elective.. :( Biggest regret of my life was electing for them, but i was so scared of history repeating itself that i chickened out of a VBAC.. And i know that theres not a consultant around here that would even entertain a VBA3C.

Anyhoo enough of my ramblings :flower: xx

Hello :wave:

Your in the exact same situation as me ~ Ive had 3 csections & am WTT for baby 4 :baby:

Hi everyone :wave: how are we all doing?

I had a private scan last night...once again have an anterior placenta, which at the moment is over my section scar, so hoping it will move up...he also showed me on the scan my scarred tissue...and there is quite a bit of it, so am guessing that it is going to take longer in theatre for them to do this section?...will it cause any issues?

I had a debrief. I contacted PALs at the hospital and they put me in touch with the Labour Ward Manager. She ran through my notes from the labour with me but couldn't really enlighten me as to why I ended up not progressing, just guessed that it may have had something to do with my high BMI.

Has anyone else had a de brief of their birth? i need to get on a sort one out!

I had a debrief, but only because I requested one as I planned on having a VBAC and it all went horribly wrong and I was rushed in for an EMCS, I had horrendous pains over all my scars so I wanted to know what it was. Turns out I had the start of a uterine rupture so I would of had to have a discussion with my consultant anyway before the risk of me getting pregnant again (which wont be happening hopefully). When they went through it all with me it was quite scary really and makes me appreciate the staff that were monitoring me.

I do think it should be compulsory for births that end in an EMCS or other unusual/emergency intervention to have a debriefing as so much is going on at the time (and you are normally in stupid amounts of pain) that you are just being whisked along and having forms thrown infront of your face to sign.............I do remember with DSs birth telling my midwife to get the anesthetist to run as I felt like I was ripping in 2 but thats about it everything else was a scary blur.

MrsRaggle :hugs: I hate that they are so eager to put everything down to 'higher BMI'...it drives me crazy!!

(I also have a raised BMI)

I have a raised BMI too (32) and am hoping the reason why my labour eased off was because she was breech. I want a VBAC so finders crossed the chub doesn't effect that :|

MrsRaggle :hugs: I hate that they are so eager to put everything down to 'higher BMI'...it drives me crazy!!

(I also have a raised BMI)

She was a little reluctant to say it was high BMI to be fair to her but there was no other reason she could give. She did say that she sees as many normal BMI ladies fail to progress as high BMI ladies. :flower:

^^ exactly i'm one of them, and i still 'failed to progress'

I had a chat with my community midwife who's suggesting I try for a VBAC until say T+5, and then have a c-section booked. Basically wait and see if my body does it itself but have the section as a fall back. Under no circumstances should I have any intervening (induction etc) as she thinks it just doesn't work for me.

Anyone else done/doing this?

Not pregnant yet but very determined to have a VBAC though I'm not exactly sure how as I have "insufficient pelvic space" or whatever. I will probably discuss with my OB/GYN what my options are and then have a set induction/c-section date if I don't go into labor naturally. I just don't want to be induced again. :(

yup ill be pushing for a VBAC (no pun intended :haha:)

Just wondering how all your partners coped during your C-section? (if they were in with you)
The one thing i said to DH is if i did end up with a c-section is to not look at my insides :haha:....He went over to trim the cord and meet baby and got a big eyeful of my open belly :sick: But i have to say he was amazing and supportive :cloud9:

my OH seem's to not be phased with anything. he did tell me afterwords that they're pretty damn rough! lol

Not pregnant yet but very determined to have a VBAC though I'm not exactly sure how as I have "insufficient pelvic space" or whatever. I will probably discuss with my OB/GYN what my options are and then have a set induction/c-section date if I don't go into labor naturally. I just don't want to be induced again. :(

I got told by my midwife that they don't induce you if you've had a section in the past. Don't know if thats just our hospitals policy though :shrug:

here they won't induce you if you've had a section either... so #2 is either going to pop out on their own or they'll come out the sunroof like their sister haha

DH was great through mine. He watched them stitch me up before a nurse told him to sit down :haha:

Congratulations on the arrival of baby Alex :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->