~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

Not pregnant yet but very determined to have a VBAC though I'm not exactly sure how as I have "insufficient pelvic space" or whatever. I will probably discuss with my OB/GYN what my options are and then have a set induction/c-section date if I don't go into labor naturally. I just don't want to be induced again. :(

I got told by my midwife that they don't induce you if you've had a section in the past. Don't know if thats just our hospitals policy though :shrug:

DAMN. :shock:
So either I go naturally or I don't go at all! :(

Let's see. Oh. How my DH reacted. He said he didn't want to look at my insides but he said sometimes he would look up and see the reflection in their masks and look straight back down! :lol: I asked that they let him cut the cord though and they forgot! Sigh. He's still sad about it. :(

DH was incredibly scared prior to the section, he went white as a sheet when they were reading out the risks etc. He was great during the section though, holding my hand and stroking my thumb!

DH was incredibly scared prior to the section, he went white as a sheet when they were reading out the risks etc. He was great during the section though, holding my hand and stroking my thumb!

this is what my OH done too... minus the white as a sheet part :thumbup:

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s: Serenity "Rosie" April 11, 2011
EDD: 4/7/11
Number of elective Caesareans: 0
Number of emergency Caesareans: 1
Number of vaginal births: 0

WOOHOO!!! HI GIRLS!
I had Rosie after 12 hours of labor- making it to pushing, (9.5cm but I couldn't stop my body) they sat me up to try to get the epi in quick- it took so long and then it ended up failing after 45 mins or so. I was induced and they maxed out the pitocin after I got the epi. I swear I felt her move while they were laying me back down. I was told her head was coming through forehead first and in recovery the nurse there told me that "there was no way she would have fit through [my] pelvis and the chord was around her neck"
I had constant contractions and a shot to stop them at 34+4 but the chord stopped her from dropping. Recovery was a bitch and I'm definitely hoping for a VBAC next time. I've had no problems with BFing (surprised all the nurses), had an infection, first sex 5weeks PP, first AF 5 weeks PP and pretty much ready to be pregnant again except for not being able to with where we are in our lives right now. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Were your muscles cut or stretched? Mine were cut but I'm hoping that if it ends in CS next time I can find a Dr who will stretch them.

Has anyone got pregnant quite soon after a c-section on here? I know the recomendation is 12 months in between pregnancies but has anyone done it sooner, they say the scar is fully healed after 3 months but that it gets stronger the more time you give it, does anyone know anything about pregnancy soon after c-sect? Thanks xx

Congrats Missfox!

Kelzyboo i think there are a couple of ladies here who have had two c-sections close together, so hopefully can give you some advice

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s: Serenity "Rosie" April 11, 2011
EDD: 4/7/11
Number of elective Caesareans: 0
Number of emergency Caesareans: 1
Number of vaginal births: 0

WOOHOO!!! HI GIRLS!
I had Rosie after 12 hours of labor- making it to pushing, (9.5cm but I couldn't stop my body) they sat me up to try to get the epi in quick- it took so long and then it ended up failing after 45 mins or so. I was induced and they maxed out the pitocin after I got the epi. I swear I felt her move while they were laying me back down. I was told her head was coming through forehead first and in recovery the nurse there told me that "there was no way she would have fit through [my] pelvis and the chord was around her neck"
I had constant contractions and a shot to stop them at 34+4 but the chord stopped her from dropping. Recovery was a bitch and I'm definitely hoping for a VBAC next time. I've had no problems with BFing (surprised all the nurses), had an infection, first sex 5weeks PP, first AF 5 weeks PP and pretty much ready to be pregnant again except for not being able to with where we are in our lives right now. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Were your muscles cut or stretched? Mine were cut but I'm hoping that if it ends in CS next time I can find a Dr who will stretch them.

Hello :wave: Thanks for sharing your story ~ Its so similair to mine 'almost 12 hours of labour, got to pushing when a whole heap of medical staff came in, baby was distressed & was brow presentation. I was shouted at to 'STOP PUSHING' they said I could break his neck! :cry:

I woke up with bruises on my legs from them holding them trying to pry her head out. Glad to know there are similar stories. They didnt mention her neck could have broken and she was just starting to show signs of distress but I said something wasn't right and said I needed a section. Because it just wasn't OK the pain I was feeling. I was happy to know my instincts were right. But its take. A while to come to terms with how it all turned out

Has anyone got pregnant quite soon after a c-section on here? I know the recomendation is 12 months in between pregnancies but has anyone done it sooner, they say the scar is fully healed after 3 months but that it gets stronger the more time you give it, does anyone know anything about pregnancy soon after c-sect? Thanks xx

Me!!! :wave:

I fell pregnant when Amber was 3.5 months old...she was my second c-section...my doctor advised me at my 6 week pp check after Amber to wait 6 months before TTC...however here I am, my sections will be 12.5 months apart, my consultant is not worried in the slightest about my scar or uterus scar as she is not going to let me reach the point of labouring.

I have had no problems at all with my section scar in this pregnancy, no discomfort or anything...so far!!

Thanks, i'm glad shes not worried, i won't be allowed a VBAC anyway so the risks of labour won't apply, i'm thinking of waiting til december anyway but it gives me hope that if i really can't wait then it won't be too much riskier. Thanks x

Hiya ladies. I posted on here a while ago regarding c sections. I found it a relief reading some of the positive c sections that do happen. Basically I have tokophobia and have done since my teens. I have been seeing a pyshcotherapist to try and get over it and I also saw a hypnobirthing mw that my consultant referred me to and both of them and my mw agree that a section is the best option for me. The consultant has agreed with the hypnobirthing mw that I can have a section and I am now just waiting on an appointment to see the consultant. I am so so happy and feel I can enjoy being pregnant rather than feel terrified. I am v.anxious about the section and how I will deal with the pain of epidural, catheter and when the epidural wears off and how I will deal with the pain!!! I am so so nervous, I do overthink things and can underestimate myself which doesnt help but i am really hoping I can do this!! I will be popping by more often if that is okay :)

xx

Hiya ladies. I posted on here a while ago regarding c sections. I found it a relief reading some of the positive c sections that do happen. Basically I have tokophobia and have done since my teens. I have been seeing a pyshcotherapist to try and get over it and I also saw a hypnobirthing mw that my consultant referred me to and both of them and my mw agree that a section is the best option for me. The consultant has agreed with the hypnobirthing mw that I can have a section and I am now just waiting on an appointment to see the consultant. I am so so happy and feel I can enjoy being pregnant rather than feel terrified. I am v.anxious about the section and how I will deal with the pain of epidural, catheter and when the epidural wears off and how I will deal with the pain!!! I am so so nervous, I do overthink things and can underestimate myself which doesnt help but i am really hoping I can do this!! I will be popping by more often if that is okay :)

xx

Thats great news that they agreed to your section.:hugs:
As for after just make sure you take all the pain relief offered even if you don't feel any pain, i was only a bit uncomfortable after and not in any actual pain.

keep us updated :)

xx
the pain of an epidural doesn't exist - its uncomfortable when you get numbed up but in all honesty that's it. a bit of pressure on your back and you're done. it's an odd sensation seeing your legs get moved and you can't feel it :haha: the section itself just feels like someone is routing about in the bottom of their bag on your belly looking for their purse :haha:
The catheter is also no problem - again, just feels a little odd when they take it out but in no way painful. you feel sexy walking about the ward with DVT stockings and your matching Piss handbag :rofl:

after a section - yes you feel a little erm how do i put it - fragile but i was out of my bed walking about just a few hours after getting mine and apparently that's the best thing to do :) you will walk like you're in slow-mo and you've been riding a horse for 24h straight :haha:just get your OH to help with bending and stretching and take your time - no quick movements and just enjoy your little one.

hope i've helped a little :flower:

xx

I took all the pain medication offered after my section and continued it all at home and I had a very pain free recovery. All the best for your delivery! x

Thanks so much ladies!! I will make sure to take the pain meds and I deffo want to try and get up asap as a lot of people have said this is the best recovery. Am I still able to BF taking pain meds?

Also a friend had her OH give her injections daily into her tummy at home. Is this the case for everyone? Hubby doesnt like needles and so I dont think he could handle doing it!! :D

xx

I didn't have injections except fragmin which is a blood thinner that they give to all c-sections, but the midwife gave them to me.

Yes you can still BF with pain meds. And I didn't get shots in my belly.

Also a friend had her OH give her injections daily into her tummy at home. Is this the case for everyone? Hubby doesnt like needles and so I dont think he could handle doing it!! :D

xx

Yeah ~ I had these with my DD

My hubby really enjoyed it! :devil:

My midwife gave me the injections after I was out of hospital :)

I had to carry on with the clexane injections at home a week after I was discharged, they don't hurt :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->