~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

Congratulations Kelly!
Heidi - we are ttc again and have been since dd was 4 months old - only got af back last month though!
x

I think DH wants to TTC in the next few months but I'm wanting to wait a while longer :dohh:

I'm glad I found this group. We're TTC at the moment. I had a C-Section with my DD as she was breech. I'm hoping for a VBAC next time.

Congratulations Kelly!
Heidi - we are ttc again and have been since dd was 4 months old - only got af back last month though!
x

I only started last month too well more NTNP due to long cycles, i remember you from last time round :)

I'm glad I found this group. We're TTC at the moment. I had a C-Section with my DD as she was breech. I'm hoping for a VBAC next time.

Welcome :wave: i'm also hoping for a VBAC next time too, how long have you been TTC so far? x

Good luck to you both, hope we all get our bfp's soon and easier births next time! X

Congratulations Kelly!
x

I only started last month too well more NTNP due to long cycles, i remember you from last time round :)

Welcome :wave: i'm also hoping for a VBAC next time too, how long have you been TTC so far? x

We were NTNP for a few months. I'm on my 2nd cycle of TTC.

CONGRATULATIONS Kelly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope all you ladies are well. I got my appointment come through for the consultant and it is on wednesday at 9am!! Not sure whether I will get a date at this appointment or what as I wasnt meant to go in until 34 wks but the hypnobirthing midwife the consultant referred me to has spoken to my consultant and told her I need to be sooner to put my mind at rest because of how terrified I was of being made to go through a natural birth. I am v.anxious about the c section and keep doubting my coping capability but am hoping I will suprise myself!!! Lol.

xx

Hi ladies!

I was in here a while ago and had a look, now I'm booked for a section on Tues and have a few questions:

What closing method is best if you can choose, staples (look scary to me) or stitches? Are there more ways?

Do they cut the tummy muscles?

thanks girls! xx :flower:

I had internal stitches and staples. They took the staples out on day 3 and put steri-strips over the incision. I would talk to your Dr about if they cut the muscles. They said that's howthey do it there. If I have to have a section again I'm going t find a Dr who moves the muscle

Mons- I had the staples (and thought they looked very scary), but they were great and came out very easily!

True- I didn't feel mine coming out. It was more the crazy anticipation. Same thing for when they pulled the steri strips off a couple weeks later. The anticipation was the worst part... hardly felt anything else.

Mine were dissolvable. Basically, it looked like a fold in my skin. Nothing was visable :)

Miss Fox, Yeah, it seems to be depending on who does the surgery. I called the hospital to ask about stitches or staples but they said it depends on who is performing the procedure.

So you reckon moving the muscle is better for healing and getting a tummy back to normal? Sorry I dont know much about this...
Hope they do the one I want. Cutting seems harsh but what do I know...

xx

So you guys wouldn't say that one of the closing methods is better than the other?

Sorry for 3 separate posts...

I'm thinking to bring the following, guessing no food would be needed for the first 24hrs?:

Straws
Bottled water
RLT in a bottle (to help uterus go back in size)
Peppermint tea in a bottle for wind
Cranberry juice for urine tract
Prune juice for constipation

Muesli bars, fruit bars for when/ if I feel better and are starving.

Would a TENS machine help with back pain afterwards or is it dangerous to use after a surgery?

So OH is allowed to be with you in recovery, yes?

xx

Sorry for 3 separate posts...

I'm thinking to bring the following, guessing no food would be needed for the first 24hrs?:

Straws
Bottled water
RLT in a bottle (to help uterus go back in size)
Peppermint tea in a bottle for wind
Cranberry juice for urine tract
Prune juice for constipation

Muesli bars, fruit bars for when/ if I feel better and are starving.

Would a TENS machine help with back pain afterwards or is it dangerous to use after a surgery?

So OH is allowed to be with you in recovery, yes?

xx

I was given toast and tea after the surgery, but bring some food and snacks. Usually if it's a planned section, you are fasting for 24 hours prior to surgery anyways. I never had any back pain after the procedure and I haven't heard of a TENS machine being used after a c-section. DH was allowed to be with me the entire time: prep, surgery, and recovery. My LO was in the NICU so I had to wait for the spinal to wear off to go see him, but your baby will probably be with you. The nurses/midwives should help you get him to latch on (if your BFing) and do some skin to skin contact.

It's really not that bad or that scary. I thought it was going to be worse, but no, they explain EVERYTHING. Take all the pain meds they offer even if you're not in pain. It's much harder to get the pain to go away if you skip doses. :hugs: Good luck!

Is it preferrable to have EPI or SPINAL?

Will they help you change the baby until you can get up?

Will they wake you to feed the baby and bring you baby?

x

xx

Is it preferrable to have EPI or SPINAL?

Will they help you change the baby until you can get up?

Will they wake you to feed the baby and bring you baby?

x

xx

Personally I preferred having a spinal but that's only because I really don't like the idea of having a plastic tube left in my spine! I wasn't actually given a choice though. I had help changing LO and they helped me pick her up the entire time I was there. Didn't need to be woken up by midwives to feed LO, she let me know when she hungry very loudly and clearly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->