~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

Is it preferrable to have EPI or SPINAL?

Will they help you change the baby until you can get up?

Will they wake you to feed the baby and bring you baby?

x

xx

I had a spinal - emergency section. Never had an epi so can't say but the spinal was no problem whatsoever. :thumbup: amazing reflief once the contractions stopped!! :happydance:

I couldn't get up for 24 hours after surgery so they they changed LO if DH wasn't there and they also gave her her 1st bath.

LO woke me herself and I then buzzed the midwife to bring her to me :thumbup:

I had an epi... then a spinal and neither numbed me enough so general it was. My call button was also hit and miss but inept Rosie I bed with me. DJ also wouldnt wake up a couple times when. I has to pee

It's really not that bad or that scary. I thought it was going to be worse, but no, they explain EVERYTHING. Take all the pain meds they offer even if you're not in pain. It's much harder to get the pain to go away if you skip doses. :hugs: Good luck!

Seconded!! And they do really explain everything - I found it all very calm and reasurring.

Mizze xx

I think with an elective c-section, they automatically give a spinal because it is a one off. An epi has to remain in your back and can be topped up. You'll wake up with the baby. I found that once I had Alex, I was very in tune to his sounds and woke up at the slightest murmur.

IDK. I couldn't sleep the first night. Another thing the nurses got mad at me about LOL. I just wanted to watch lo breath and stare at her. Kinda amazed with the whole thing

IDK. I couldn't sleep the first night. Another thing the nurses got mad at me about LOL. I just wanted to watch lo breath and stare at her. Kinda amazed with the whole thing

My DH went off on the midwives in the NICU because they kept telling me to put LO down. I broke down sobbing because after months of worrying about LO, he was actually ok and I just wanted to cuddle him.

Hiya ladies. Hope everyone is well. I went to see consultant on Wednesday and she has booked me in for a c section on 17th october!! I wasnt expecting her to book me in so soon but am relieved and v.anxious. I am hoping when LO is here she will get me through the first bit of recovery as she is a much wanted, loved and longed for LO that I just cant believe she will be ours forever!!! :)

xx

Hiya ladies. Hope everyone is well. I went to see consultant on Wednesday and she has booked me in for a c section on 17th october!! I wasnt expecting her to book me in so soon but am relieved and v.anxious. I am hoping when LO is here she will get me through the first bit of recovery as she is a much wanted, loved and longed for LO that I just cant believe she will be ours forever!!! :)

xx

Aww I'm glad you're feeling positive about it :flower: Roll on October 17th! :happydance:

Great new Hula! Hopefully you can sit back and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy.
Love the name choice by the way :)

:hugs: Good luck! I know it's far away but the day will come very quickly and then the last week leading up to it will go excruciatingly slow :haha:

Apologies for the questions x

I've decided to ttc in september, 4 months post c-sec, my consultant told me 6months but i want to get a head start as it will take a few cycle to get pregnant, i know there are some in here who got pregnant quickly after their sections and i was wondering what the extra risks would be should it happen quickly? Is it just if i wanted to VBAC? I'm not going to be having a VBAC so would the risks be much higher at 4 months post as opposed to 6months?

I know some doctors advocate waiting 12 months to ttc after a section, i don't want to be attacked for wanting to try sooner, as some of you know i lost my Son shortly after he was born, hence my desperation to try sooner, i'll listen to any advice you may have for me but please don't tell me to wait, i can't wait. xx

I know the risk of uterine rupture is low, even so soon after a section, i guess i'm just looking for someone who's had sections close together to help me feel a little more calm about it all. My real fears aren't about the c-section, i fear the same thing that happened to my son (placental abruption) but my consultant says the c-section doesn't give me any extra risk for this, Dr Google says it does!

I'm not really sure what i'm asking tbh, just successful pregnancies after c-sections? xxx

Apologies for the questions x

I've decided to ttc in september, 4 months post c-sec, my consultant told me 6months but i want to get a head start as it will take a few cycle to get pregnant, i know there are some in here who got pregnant quickly after their sections and i was wondering what the extra risks would be should it happen quickly? Is it just if i wanted to VBAC? I'm not going to be having a VBAC so would the risks be much higher at 4 months post as opposed to 6months?

I know some doctors advocate waiting 12 months to ttc after a section, i don't want to be attacked for wanting to try sooner, as some of you know i lost my Son shortly after he was born, hence my desperation to try sooner, i'll listen to any advice you may have for me but please don't tell me to wait, i can't wait. xx

I know the risk of uterine rupture is low, even so soon after a section, i guess i'm just looking for someone who's had sections close together to help me feel a little more calm about it all. My real fears aren't about the c-section, i fear the same thing that happened to my son (placental abruption) but my consultant says the c-section doesn't give me any extra risk for this, Dr Google says it does!

I'm not really sure what i'm asking tbh, just successful pregnancies after c-sections? xxx

I am so very sorry for your loss :hugs:

Im pregnant now & have a 7month old Daughter ~ So was worried, like you

I asked my Doctor & she said the only worry would be if I wanted a vbac (which after 3 csections already isnt gonna happen!:nope:)

You&me on this thread is currently pregnant (further along than me) & she is having no probs :thumbup:

Thankyou kelly, i guess i worry more because of all thats happened, i'm just going to go for it and see what happens, if i don't do it soon i probably never will x

Good luck with your pregnancy xx

Thanks Kelly :thumbup:

I am 22 weeks pregnant this weekend, and my daughter is not 9 months yet, I fell pregnant when she was 3.5 months old :winkwink:

My consultant isn't concerned in the slightest about how close the gap will be between sections (will be my third section, previous 2 due to PET)...at no point will I be allowed to labour and if I start showing signs of labouring naturally I will be straight into theatre, so as to reduce the risk of pressure or rupture on my scar.

My scan I had privately at 16 weeks with babybond did show quite alot of scar tissue, but the only issue that should arise from that is most likely a bit longer in theatre to enable them to get in the sunroof!!

I have had no problems at all with my section scar, at no point has it been sore, uncomfortable or caused me any need to worry :thumbup:

I am sorry for your loss :hugs:

Its not always close together pregnancies that can rupture (post CS pregnancies I mean). I got pregnant with my second after 10 months, so quite a wait compared to some people here and I was rushed in for a second emergency CS as I had the start of a uterine rupture and if it was not for my MW team, dr and consultants quick thinking then the end result may have been terrible for my family. Basically I just want you to know if you have any fears or questions about the scary UR then I will happily answer from the patient POV.

I am also trying to say if you want to try now then go for it, many woman get pregnant soon after a CS with no problems, some women wait as advised and can still have all the complications such as UR, :hugs:

Thankyou you&me, its encouraging to hear that you've had no problems from your scar, my chance of another abruption is 5% so the only thing stopping me is my scar, which has healed very well. I'm glad your having no problems xx

Thankyou cyclura, its good to hear that problems don't only happen if you get pregnant quickly, obviously i'm not glad it happened to you lol but its good to hear that it can happen anytime not just with a small age gap! I'm worried about UR obviously but i won't be trying for a VBAC no matter how long i wait in between, i think thats why the consultant wants me to wait tbh and its not happening! I can't afford to take that risk and i've delivered naturally before so i don't feel i'm missing out by going for a repeat section.

Thanks girls, i will be ttc september/october whatever is going to happen will happen at any stage no matter how long i wait, i'll just have to trust that i've suffered enough and will not have to suffer again x x

Hello! Here's a little about me.

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s:Wyatt Dalton 3/16/09 and Elizabeth Paige 6/28/11
EDD: 4/09/09 and 7/3/11
Number of elective Caesareans: 1
Number of emergency Caesareans: 1
Number of vaginal births: 0

I'm Caity and I delivered my son Wyatt via Emergency C-section. He stopped moving at 36 weeks and they rushed me into surgery. My daughter was an elective c-section since they only do vbacs in Kansas if there is an anesthesiologist on-call 24/7 at the hospital and the closest one with that was like 3 hours away. I also had a tubal ligation during my c-section. TBH, I didn't really want a vbac because with my son I never had contractions or any labor and I was fine with not going through it with my daughter. LOL. I guess I'm just a wimp and I admire anyone who has gone through labor.

They don't only to give my body time to heal from the section really, he said very unlikely i'd have another abruption and uterine rupture can happen to anyone c-section or not. I've healed really well, felt normal from week 3 and had no problems at all. Just desperate to try again, took me by suprise how desperate i am, i'm considering trying now and thats bad, the risk of rupture would be there at 3 or 30 months post, i don't think it would make a difference really if its going to happen it will anytime x

:wave: welcome Caity!

How are all you pregnant mummy's getting on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->