~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

That's awesome to hear. I'm hoping as soon as DH gets his final ruling for disability and/or goes back to work we can starttrying for another. Ill be going to a different hospital this time that has a low c section rate.

Hi guys!

Anyone who has had a pregnancy after a c-section - did youur scar itch like mad?! I've been going mad these last couple of weeks because my scar keeps itching. Sometimes it goes red but I'm not sure if it's red because I'm scratching it or what?! I've been applying sudocrem which helps a bit. Normal, or not?

Mine hasnt started itching (yet) but my most recen one is really raised now

I haven't had any itching or pain from my scar...I really expected too as I w3as only 3 and a half months after my section when I fell pregnant again...but it has been fine.

Ah danni only 10 more weeks! WOW that has gone quick

Less than 9 weeks til my section date :wacko: that is if they can keep my BP under control now it has started going up, if not consultant said it will be a case of dragging it out til 37 weeks then delivering!!

wow. i'm majorly broody just now >__< but i keep thinking of how it'll be like for Pixie. if i don't do it now though ill never do it!

Less than 9 weeks til my section date :wacko: that is if they can keep my BP under control now it has started going up, if not consultant said it will be a case of dragging it out til 37 weeks then delivering!!

Good luck ~ Hope they keep your BP stable :flower:

Hi ladies may i join?

My name is Melissa, i have 9 week old baby boy born by emergency c section.

The main crux of the story is...
I went into labour a week late after having had 2 sweeps, and was actually due to be induced that day due to my high BP.
I went through the whole labour to 10cm, with gas and air, pethadine, and then an epidural (amazing!!) When i reached 10cm Harrison was still really high up in my pelvis and so they increased my contractions using medication and kept me there for a further 3 hours to try and bring him down, which never happened, by this time his heart rate was slowing and i was exauated so the section it was and even then they struggled to get him out due to the position of his head
Although a scarey experiance as wasnt prepared for it ( had never crossed my mind) i can honestly say it was the best thing they could have done, my care during my labour, the section and afterwards was second to non, and despite a couple of days where i was still drugged up on the meds from the epi and labour, i have healed really well and the pain afterwards was no where near what i thought.

My decison re another child at the mo is to go for an elective section, the labour was pretty traumatic for me and i think i will have the same BP problems
i dont feel i missed out in any way by not giving birth vaginally, my baby was born safe and well which is the main thing

Hi melissasbump!

I felt the same as you after my LO was born; to opt for another c-section next time. But time does heal and I'm going to try for a VBAC!

Thanks ladies for being so welcoming, this is a great idea for a thread, i ve been reading through the earlier posts and have learnt a fair bit already re 2nd pregnancys and the like so thank you all very much for that! xx

Hi everyone, i was wondering if i could join you all?

I have had 2 csections in the past and i have just found out im expecting again after 11 years (TOTAL SHOCK). Iam very worried about things as this will be my 3rd section, however this will be my first planned one.

Sarah

I have had 2 csections in the past and i have just found out im expecting again after 11 years (TOTAL SHOCK). Iam very worried about things as this will be my 3rd section, however this will be my first planned one.

Sarah
Welcome :wave: Congrats on your pregnancy x:flower:

Sarah

:wave: Welcome

Im having my 4th Csection in February, first was 18 years ago!

There are lots of us that have had more than the one section :flower: So try not to worry

Hi, congrats to everyone on here i hope everyone is doing well.

To tell you the truth i didnt think i would worry as much as i do. However my son is 15 now and when i was expecting him the information on the internet was not as easy to find. Now if i have a pain or a niggle i can look it up on the net and find a list of things that are going to cause me problems or concern.

My first two sections were because i only reached 9cm, i was asleep with the first and awake with the second. I now worry about the fact that iam an older women who has put on a bit of weight. As for the birth itself i worry about the bleeding and scar tissue becoming a problem.
I had a letter today from the hospital about my 12 week scan and testing for downs etc. I dont know if i want it as i will worry about the result and then what do you do if your at high risk.

I know im a fuss pot and to tell you the truth i dont know how my family and the nurses put up with me.

Is just nice to know that other people are going through the same thing as me and i can chat to you about things, its just easier to ask questions.

Many Thanks

Sarah

To tell you the truth i didnt think i would worry as much as i do. However my son is 15 now and when i was expecting him the information on the internet was not as easy to find. Now if i have a pain or a niggle i can look it up on the net and find a list of things that are going to cause me problems or concern.

Sarah

Sometimes 'google' etc can make things more of a worry :dohh:

I really wouldnt stress, I had a GA with DS1, a semi-elective with DS2 but was awake & a full elective with DD

Out of the 3...The planned full elective was the best experience, everyone was so calm :thumbup: (except for me!:haha:)

Kelly- did you labor with any of your children? And how was the recovery with each of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->