~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

Heh. Let me tell you, laboring for hours with no progression was a real party. You missed out. (Note heavy sarcasm.:))

With Csections , I like to say the surgeon removes our little pearl from our oyster :kiss:

Haha that's cute. I refer to a section as baby coming out the sunroof lol

LOL both were funny! That's cute!!

Amar - what state are you from? I'm out west in Utah!

Had my 20 week scan today & all was looking good, so relieved :cloud9:

And....................She is still a Girl! :pink: :dance:

Had my 20 week scan today & all was looking good, so relieved :cloud9:

And....................She is still a Girl! :pink: :dance:

Yay! :happydance: That is SO exciting! :thumbup: Good job, Mama!

When we get pregnant (hopefully we do) I hope to have a girl :pink: =)

Good baking Kelly!! Great news that everything is okay :happydance:

I have like 37 days left til my section...starting to get scared, excited and emotions/tears have finally kicked in :wacko:

Good baking Kelly!! Great news that everything is okay :happydance:

I have like 37 days left til my section...starting to get scared, excited and emotions/tears have finally kicked in :wacko:

Aww, bless your cottons :hugs:

What date is your LO's 'birthday' :shrug:

Section is booked for **********, but shhhh, not told anyone other than my mum :haha:

I have had it booked since 24 weeks so am first down on theatre list!!

Section is booked for Monday 21st November, but shhhh, not told anyone other than my mum :haha:

I have had it booked since 24 weeks so am first down on theatre list!!

Seems we both have HUGE events taking place that week, im emigrating! :wacko:......Will be thinking of you :baby::cloud9:

Its interesting to not tell anyone the date, makes the phone calls to announce even more exciting :dance: Did you do that with your others?

I may just steal that idea! :winkwink:

That's an interesting idea... Not sure how I feel about it... I mean, I know it's my day, not theirs, but I'd hate for everyone to miss out on the excitement.

That's an interesting idea... Not sure how I feel about it... I mean, I know it's my day, not theirs, but I'd hate for everyone to miss out on the excitement.

Same here!

I'm not looking down on you for your choice, I think it's exciting, but I would want to tell my children & my mother-in-law at least :)

I think we will invite all the grandparents to the hospital.
I'm guessing it will be early in the morning, so they may not want to come for a little while anyway, and that's fine.
I was kind of irritated the way people kept just traipsing in when ds was born... But I had labored for two days with him and hadn't had a shower or anything, so I wasn't looking or feeling my best.
This time around, I think I will be a bit more open to having visitors. I hope so, anyway. :)

I think we will invite all the grandparents to the hospital.
I'm guessing it will be early in the morning, so they may not want to come for a little while anyway, and that's fine.
I was kind of irritated the way people kept just traipsing in when ds was born... But I had labored for two days with him and hadn't had a shower or anything, so I wasn't looking or feeling my best.
This time around, I think I will be a bit more open to having visitors. I hope so, anyway. :)

I understand where you are coming from. The last child I had, my grandmother invited her VERY irritating but, well meaning friend to see the baby :wacko: (without asking if it was okay with me). Normally, I'm a person that would LOVE someone thinking of me and coming with a gift, but my hormones were raging, I was trying to get the hang of nursing him, and I was very sore. She brought her little boy, who was three, with. This little boy is like his older brothers (they didn't come)....very wild,:yipee: very uncontrolled...and just a brat (I know, that's mean...lol). He was running around, yelling, almost knocked my IV stand over (my IV was in my vein, mind you) and than ran OUT of the room, INTO the room across from me and swung open the curtain of this room...this lady had her knees up in the air, and was PUSHING/CROWING!! :shock: Anyways, I had to be the one to go get him...I limped all the way across the hallway and I'm grabbing onto the IV stand, and I'm like "Im so sorry" and this laboring woman, family and doc & nurses all just stare at me with a glare. I was SO furious at this lady, and for my grandma for inviting her. :devil: I feel bad, because after she left I called my grandma and tore into her, yelling. A local hospital around here (there's many in Utah, USA since 1 in every 12 woman each year give birth..haha) but anyways, the local hospital here has a STRICT policy of no children under the age of 14 can visit a baby who is not a sibling. So, to others that might seem to strict [-X but if you have had an experience like I had, or some random three year old see your vagina with a head coming out (poor lady) than although I still feel that's a little too strict, I can appreciate WHY the hospital only wants adults to visit babies and mamas in the hospital. (but like I said, any siblings of any age can visit). I don't mind people visiting, but i've had pastors from my grandma's church just show up to give well-wishes, while I'm breast feeding my child. It's natural, but I still get embarrassed. I feel like before people visit, and if they are not close to the mama - they need to call and ASK if it's okay to visit. Not pregnant, my hormones about this are not full of rage so I am able to rationalize people visit without asking because they are excited to see a new baby (don't really think it's to see you - it's definitely to see a cute baby :baby: ). WHEN I don't ask, it's usually when I know for a fact floods of people have came that specific day, and when I do attend, I always makes sure to hold the baby, and only stay for a timely manner. I don't sit around, hogging the baby or just wasting time. Most mama's are tired, and want alone time with baby and DH.

Surely not telling people the date is no different to if we were waiting to go into labour ~ No one knows when that will be :thumbup:

Of course I would tell my other Children ~ Especially as my eldest will have to look after the other 2 whilst I go in :winkwink:

But each to their own, its a very individual choice :flower:

Kelly with Reagan we didn't really get a chance to tell anyone until after she was delivered christmas day as it was a massive emergency, people thought we were joking we had had the baby especially as it was 3 months early :haha:

With Amber, we again only told my mum :thumbup: then told everyone else after.

Thanks USA ladies for your 'input'...to me it is my hubby and I's moment in having the baby...not the rest of my families, I don't want everyone sitting there waiting at the hospital, I know in the USA it is a huge thing for you lot...everyone sitting waiting for the hubby to come back from theatre to announce the arrival...that is just not my way, I am not into the big overdramatics and attention thing...I want time to bond with my own baby before being overwhelmed with the crowds...I may see it that way after having a preemie first whom I never got to hold for a few weeks or even see for a few hours :shrug:

My family have the rest of my child's life to get to know it...whereas I will never get those first few important hours back :cloud9:

With pixie we told everyone she was here after I was out of the theatre. Like danni said its mine and OHs special moment to bond etc ... With the new arrival. Last thing id want is the whole family in my cubicle literally minutes after delivering. I only had 2 people visit at one time too. 1 had her at 1.51 and didn't get visitors till 7 at night.

Mayby I also feel this way because I didnt see DS1 for 6 hours after he was born, purely because the stoopid hospital staff didnt wake me up (after my GA emergency CS) :growlmad: :nope:

When I came around, I had no-one there, my throat was so sore, I had to ask the hubby visiting his wife in the next bed to please pass me a drink

Meantime, he had been fed, changed, cuddled etc etc by so many others :cry:

I still bonded with him as soon as I saw him though :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"