~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

Kelly - I'm so sorry for your experience.

I understand where all you ladies are coming from!

you&me - I think you are right. Honestly, this is more of a culture thing IMO for the most part. You are EXACTLY right when it comes to American's being big on many people waiting for baby to be born and/or lots of visitors. It almost seems as if American's look at it as a "celebration", where other parts of the world look at it more as a "reflection/bonding time with baby". Either way, it's beautiful. Here, honestly, for the most part I think if someone where to have a baby, and not tell anyone...they would have SO many people angry with them and hurt, feeling that they are not special enough to even know. :growlmad:

But whatever works for you, works for you. Either way is a beautiful moment, ladies!! :happydance::thumbup:

Just to let all you girls know... I had my little baby girl on the 2nd October 2011!!

I had an amazing VBAC and would do it all over again if I had the chance!!!

I will write a birth story when I get a chance to!!

Hope everyone is okay!!!

x

Awww, congratulations on your vbac!!
I love the name Pippa!! :)

I definitely agree that it is a huge thing here in the states... and people would be so hurt if we knew the date and didn't tell them...
I don't honestly mind if they want to come... I suppose I would prefer if they would wait until later on in the day... but if they want to come in the morning that's okay.
But I am almost positive I would feel differently if I'd had the situation like some of you ladies spoke about, not getting to see your baby for hours or even longer.
I would hope that all of my family would understand that I am the one first and foremost who gets to spend time with and hold my baby... And the most important person for my baby to see and be held by.
Sigh...
Maybe we will tell them the date (I would feel guilty for withholding that info since everyone knows it will be scheduled ahead of time) but I will ask that they wait until afternoon to come visit. And maybe longer if for some reason the baby has complications.
SLC, what a horror story!! I sort of wish hospitals had a stricter policy about who can come visit recent mommies... no annoying grandma friends or three-year-olds, thank you!! At least our hospital has a similar policy about non-sibling children. Thank goodness. :)

Amary- I think next time that I have a baby, since it'll be surly a C-Section, I'll let my DH hold the baby first since it'll be my #4 & it'll be his #1 (his first biological). I'll probably tell everyone in a kind, but strict facebook email (lol!) that I will email them and let them know when to come. I want my children to be the first visitors, and have time with their sibling, than i'll call the aunts, uncles, etc... probably the next day. Idk, that's just my future plan anyways :)

my OH seen and held Pixie and i don't think i would have had it any other way. i seen him get all emotional and it just made my heart swell :)

Weird question: I fell yesterday on cement on my hip and I've been getting massive cramping ever since. :( Has anyone had this happen? I'm making an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, but in the meantime, it's very sore! I've not had any bleeding or anything.

pichi - is that your daughter's real name, Pixie?

yes it is - and her middle name is Blossom ^__^

Ozzie-- sorry, that hasn't happened to me, but good plan going to see the dr. Better safe than sorry. Hope everything is okay. :thumbup:

I would like for it just to be me and dh and ds and the baby for at least the morning the baby is born... Then grandparents in the afternoon... And other people can come the next day if they really want to. I'd like to say "depending on how I'm feeling," but I'm sure no one will call ahead to ask how I'm feeling. :shrug:
Hm... not telling them the date is looking better and better...

But here's another issue... I would love for my mom to be there for my section-- especially since that way, dh can come in the OR with me and my mom can stay with ds until we're in recovery... And I want my dad's gf there because she actually works on that floor of the hospital as a nurse and she will make sure baby and I are well taken care of. :)
But how do I say the two of them are allowed to come but not my dad and not the in-laws?
I don't mind my in-laws as people, but we're not so close as I want them seeing me right after I've come out of surgery... :shrug:

Ozzie-- sorry, that hasn't happened to me, but good plan going to see the dr. Better safe than sorry. Hope everything is okay. :thumbup:

I would like for it just to be me and dh and ds and the baby for at least the morning the baby is born... Then grandparents in the afternoon... And other people can come the next day if they really want to. I'd like to say "depending on how I'm feeling," but I'm sure no one will call ahead to ask how I'm feeling. :shrug:
Hm... not telling them the date is looking better and better...

But here's another issue... I would love for my mom to be there for my section-- especially since that way, dh can come in the OR with me and my mom can stay with ds until we're in recovery... And I want my dad's gf there because she actually works on that floor of the hospital as a nurse and she will make sure baby and I are well taken care of. :)
But how do I say the two of them are allowed to come but not my dad and not the in-laws?
I don't mind my in-laws as people, but we're not so close as I want them seeing me right after I've come out of surgery... :shrug:

You in a rock & a hard place! My suggestion would to just make things fair & square. That way everyone is one the same playing field and you won't have to justify your actions. (Note: If American's feel dooped/left out that will want, in DETAIL why they were not included). If I were you, I would have only DH there for the c-section, and have mom be at the hospital with DS. If anyone asks, the only person that was there was your mom, and she was looking after DS.

Just to let all you girls know... I had my little baby girl on the 2nd October 2011!!

I had an amazing VBAC and would do it all over again if I had the chance!!!

I will write a birth story when I get a chance to!!

Hope everyone is okay!!!

x

How lovely ~ :cloud9: ~ Congrats :pink:

Weird question: I fell yesterday on cement on my hip and I've been getting massive cramping ever since. :( Has anyone had this happen? I'm making an appointment with the doctor tomorrow, but in the meantime, it's very sore! I've not had any bleeding or anything.

:hugs: Good luck at the Doctors

TMI Question -

AF ended about the 13th (officially, was 11th with some spotting) and last night I had some brown discharge that was GRAINY! gross!! any ideas??

grainy? hmm... never had grainy...
I had what I might describe as like, crunchy? Like a couple little crunchy pieces... I don't remember when that was, though...
Maybe just leftover blood?

I know, right? Not what you want to read over breakfast... :shrug:
Haha but it's far from the worst discussion I've read on BnB!! :)

What do you guys think about the name Charlette Vera or Charlette Rosalie for a girl? I LOVE those names. Vera is DH's grandmother's name & Rosalie, my DD came up with. I think they are very pretty. Although, SIL who is 18, married, and as far as I know is not TTC told me that "I can't have the name Rosalie" because it's "her" name (the one she'd want for her future daughter) lol. Awe, relish in dilemma...

Is Charlette the same as Charlotte?
As for Rosalie being SIL's name... pfft. You only want it for the middle name anyway, and who knows? Between now and then, she could change her mind... get divorced... decide she doesn't want kids... whatever. And you'd have an actual beautiful baby in your arms that you wanted to use that name for and missed out on.
I say whoever gets pregnant first gets it. And whoever gets pregnant second can have it too if she still wants it. No biggie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->