~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

He is stunning! Congratulations! So glad everything went well! :hugs:

Wonderful news....so pleased everything went well for you! Take care xx

Just seen your ticker you&me congrats!! And you had a boy too, were you on team yellow or did you find out the sex? Hope your all doing fine x

Thank you!!!

Mitchell decided to arrive earlier than my elective section date due to pre-eclampsia again, so after a night in the high dependency unit they pulled my section forward and did it at 37 weeks...it went perfectly!!! Was my easiest out of the 3, they cut away a bit of scar tissue but nothing major, I had been expecting it to take longer as they put in a spinal and an epidural as a back up incase of complications making the surgery take longer, especially where the pregnancies were so close...but nopes, it was great.

Mitchell Allan C (aka Mitch), born at 37 weeks, 16.29pm weighing 7lbs 15,5ozs

Aww glad every thing went smoothly, Mitchell is gorgeous how are the girls taking to their new baby brother? hope your healing well x

Thanks everyone.

Reagan keeps telling him he is so cute...and Amber alternates between kissing his head...and yelling 'babyyyyyyyyyyyyy' in his face :haha: I don't think she understands it all really.

Congratulations you&me! Mitch is gorgeous and what a fabulous weight for 3 weeks early too!!

Hey ladies!
I'm Leah and when I was 17 I had to have an Emergency C-Section with my daughter Gracelynn Elizabeth due to heart decels. She was 37 weeks by U/S but for some reason they believed she was actually around 35 weeks because she still had tons and tons of baby hair and really no eyebrows and all the problems she had.
Gracelynn was born October 7th 2010. SHe was 6lbs 9.7oz nd 20.5 in. Her umbilical cord was flat in 2 spots and did a 180 and coiled opposite.
She had a hard time adjusting to the "outside" world and was in the nursery for 4 1/2 days hooked up to oxygen and monitors. She was treated like a preemie.
I had a rough time after my c-section and didnt get to hold her until the following day.
I still get pains and it hurts sometimes to do things.

Birth story is in my sig along with everything else. please feel free to read anything or add me on facbook

Leah - you've got a gorgeous baby!

My first OBGYN appointment is December 15th. I'm feeling really excited about it. I think i'll be having an ultrasound that day as well! :)

Ladies my scar is itchy/irritated. Regular underwear that ride over it still bothers me. Any cream or anything else you have found to help. Is this normal 16 weeks later??

My scar itched on and off up until a year, so 16 weeks is perfectly normal as its still healing, i've heard vitamin E oil helps allot with itching x

Yeah, mine itched a lot for a year, too. I think it takes that long to fully heal.

My last section was over 11 years ago and im expecting again. My scar does itch on and off. Sometimes it feels itchy on the inside and i can not get to it.

It does also still feel numb in area's, its never gone back to normal.

x

Okay, a question for those who have had planned c-sections.

I am now 27 weeks and don't know my date for my section. I know some other ladies have said that they have already scheduled theirs. Will my dr be scheduling my section sometime soon or is it possible that she will wait until I get closer to term and watch baby's growth and then pick a date?
Do dr's ever do that?
I know my hospital won't do it before 39 weeks... but I'd like to know more specifically what day we're looking at, just so I can plan and prepare...

Mine was scheduled at 35 weeks I think for bang on 39 weeks.

Okay, a question for those who have had planned c-sections.

I am now 27 weeks and don't know my date for my section. I know some other ladies have said that they have already scheduled theirs. Will my dr be scheduling my section sometime soon or is it possible that she will wait until I get closer to term and watch baby's growth and then pick a date?
Do dr's ever do that?
I know my hospital won't do it before 39 weeks... but I'd like to know more specifically what day we're looking at, just so I can plan and prepare...

My doc told me that he would do it one week prior to my due date. He would not officially schedule me until I was 38 weeks. LO was breech, I think he was hoping he would turn.

Mine was tentatively scheduled as well cause if LO's heartrate took a dive, they were going to send me to Yorkhill to be sectioned then and there.

Hi

Just found this thread and thought i'd join in.

Child/ren: Daniel 10/08/07, Esther 18/10/09
No of elective sections: 0
No of emergency sections: 1
No of VBAC: 1

I had to have Daniel by emergency section at 40 + 14. I was having night labours during Mon-Wed nights - nothing during the day. Scheduled for induction on Wed but they didn't want to do it. Went into natural labour at 6pm on Thursday night and at 9.30am they decided on section as i didn't get past 9cm and couldn't deliver him - born at 10.25am.

Esther was a VBAC - i was ecstatic as i didn't want another section - really didn't enjoy the recovery. I was in hard labour for 4 1/2 hours before having her, although i'd been in general labour for 13 hours before that.

4 years on and i get pain from my scar - i think it's adhesions from when they stitched me up.

I was worried about my scar in the run up to labour but they were really good about monitoring me during labour :)

Hey ladies,
Can i ask anyone whos had a birth after a csection in the past year what your experience was? I have been told i will see a consultant mw re vbac and a consultant re previous section to see if there is any reason why i cant birth naturally, but am wondering if this is how others have been seen and what the outcome was? Obviously after having ventouse, forceps and emcs last time i am a bit nervous about the birth!! Thankyou xx

I haven't given birth yet Mork but am due in 8 weeks. Have had no issues with requesting a VBAC although they were happy to support an elective c-section if I wanted. I saw a consultant to talk about the birth and will again at 34 weeks. HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->