~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

majored, I feel so sad for you that you are so upset by this that you can't even enjoy the pregnancy.
Lots of women have 3rd c-sections, and lots of women have vbacs. And come out of it just fine.
It makes me mad that this pamphlet made it seem like neither is a good option. I agree with Rach, you need to talk to someone in the medical profession and sort out your feelings and the risks of either side.
You shouldn't feel like you have something bad inside of you. You need to be enjoying this pregnancy! Hope you can get it all sorted out.
:hugs:

Hi, my trouble only started when the MW gave this to me. I know things can go wrong with any birth. I also know alot of women are nervous about birth no matter how its going to happen...

Ive not had a great pregnacy with this one to start with and ive been bleeding for nearly10 weeks now.

I know any normal person would be worrying about being cut open, its a major thing to happen to you and you worry about the baby.

In my head i tell myself that i will be ok and i know what its going to feel like. After this leaflet was given to me it makes things seem 10 x worse. like im going into hospital and i might not come out. I then worry about the two children i already have being without a mother.

I keep telling myself i must stop worrying about all this... its not good for me or baby!

I have an apointment with the hospital in 2 weeks for a scan and chat. I know i will end up crying and be worried about going. They may also give me a date for the section.

One nurse said to me a few months ago, we never used to tell mothers everything, like what we were doing or what the blood tests were for. So you didnt know everything that was happening. Now they have to tell you all the little bits like testing for this level or a certain amount of this. The same with scans they would just measure things and only tell you if there was a problem. Now they tell you what there doing and why they are doing it.

Its nice to chat to others that are also having sections. Thank you x

I had thought about it to tell you the truth..lol

Ive not looked at it since that day, when she gave it to me..;)

x

I was majorly scared when i had my second lo. My recovery from c-section did not go well and my fear while in labour with my second was that i'd have to have another section and that would mean there was something totally wrong with me and my body. I honestly thought that having a second would be a real walk in the park because i knew what was happening. While that was true with the labour in general it certainly wasn't true with the actual birth lol.

C-Sections aren't the easy way out - i think that generally speaking you end up with more long term effects from a section than a natural birth

https://www.babyandbump.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=312438&stc=1&d=1323990119
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Doctor said that he will be doing my c-section a the week before my due date, so looks like I'll be celebrating July 4th/Independence day (American holiday) with my baby in the hospital! :happydance:

Has anyone had their c-sections close together? Or had a VBAC with only a year in between?
I had my little boy in May this year by crash section and unfortunately he passed away :( I'm now pregnant and not really sure what the best option would be for us, my DD was natural so i know i can do it but the risks, however small scare me so much that i'm leaning towards c-section.
Anyone have any advice or had similar experiences? xx

I don't have any experience with that... but just wanted to send big big :hugs: your way. :hugs:

I don't have any experiences with that either, but I'm so sorry for your loss.

Since you are asking for opinions, I myself, given what happened would do a planned c-section. I am going out on a limb here and saying his death really didn't have to do with solely trying for a vaginal birth, but since there is a tiny risk to you & baby....after the death of one child, I personally just wouldn't want to even put any more risk out there. There are risks to c-sections, but it's lower than a vbac at this point.

Good Luck!

Hey everyone :wave: haven't posted in ages as breastfeeding Mitch and running around after Reagan and Amber who has started walking this last week has kept me rather busy!!!

Hoping everyone is okay?

Kelzyboo, I had my sections 12 months and 10 days apart with my 2 youngest....and it was very straightforward...they used a spinal block, but also put an epidural in place aswell incase I needed topping up should they encounter problems such as huge amounts of scar tissue whilst in theatre...they didn't require the epi top up afterall, the whole procedure took less than an hour, they cut away minimal amounts of old scar tissue and I had no problems, this was my easiest for recovery too, I was back driving after 2 weeks :thumbup:

Has anyone had their c-sections close together? Or had a VBAC with only a year in between?
I had my little boy in May this year by crash section and unfortunately he passed away :( I'm now pregnant and not really sure what the best option would be for us, my DD was natural so i know i can do it but the risks, however small scare me so much that i'm leaning towards c-section.
Anyone have any advice or had similar experiences? xx

So very sorry for your loss :hugs: Really feel for you :hug:

I would go for a csection if its safer for you & LO :thumbup:

My csections will be 14 months apart this time & havent had a Doctor/Midwife/Consultant 'tell me off'! :winkwink:

Thankyou, glad others have had them close together too!
I want to go straight for the c-section, just my consultant likes VBAC's and i'm worried he'll 'make' me have one by refusing c-section, which he shouldn't as he delivered my son and knows what happened to him.

I know he'll go on about longer recoveries too but considering it was very unplanned, last minute, they just threw me on the table and did it, i recovered very quickly, 3 weeks and i was phsically fine and now, not 7 months after, my scar is pretty much non existant, its faded so well it looks like its missing a bit in the middle. I know i can recover fine so hopefully he'll se that and just let me make my choice xx

Wow, not too often you hear about a women wanting a c-section and the dr wants a vbac!
But the same rule applies: your birth, your child, your decision. :thumbup:

Thats what they're pushing for in the UK now, they used to be all for c-sections but not anymore, they can make it really difficult for you :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->