~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

At my hospital they've left the decision entirely down to me, I can choose to VBAC or to c-section.

I was due to try for a Vbac with my 2nd ~ But as the due date got closer, they were worried he was gonna be a BIG boy & reccomended another csection

I was glad I did, I only have a smallish frame & he was 9lb 10oz born on due date! :baby:

Ouch!!
My DD was 6lbs 15oz born the day before due date and i thought that was painful!!
Evan was 4lbs 6oz at 31+4, i'm sure he'd have been 8lbs+ if he'd gone to term :(

Its not the size of the baby that bothers me and puts me off VBAC, in fact, it makes me sad knowing that i won't experience labour again but the risks, for me far outweigh the experience of labour. I didn't get very long with my little boy and i wasn't there when he was born (EMCS GA) and thats still very raw for me. To attemp a VBAC and end up under GA again would be painful for me, not to mention the risks of uterine rupture (small risk i know, but having been in the minority group before, to me its not small).

I know c-sec is safest for baby and an elective would mean i'd have an 'end date' set and i'd be awake for the birth, i've already been told i'll go early but i know they won't induce (and i won't accept the risk of induction anyway) so unless i go into labour, c-sec is the only way to deliver early, which is what i want.

Whichever way i do it, all i want is my baby here safely, it just seems to be the safest option for us. I'm seeing my consultant in January and i'm going to do my best to get a date, i know its early and they usually don't until 30+ weeks, but since theres no way he can be booked up for June already, i'm hoping he'll do it for my peace of mind xx

Ouch!!
My DD was 6lbs 15oz born the day before due date and i thought that was painful!!
Evan was 4lbs 6oz at 31+4, i'm sure he'd have been 8lbs+ if he'd gone to term :(

Its not the size of the baby that bothers me and puts me off VBAC, in fact, it makes me sad knowing that i won't experience labour again but the risks, for me far outweigh the experience of labour. I didn't get very long with my little boy and i wasn't there when he was born (EMCS GA) and thats still very raw for me. To attemp a VBAC and end up under GA again would be painful for me, not to mention the risks of uterine rupture (small risk i know, but having been in the minority group before, to me its not small).

I know c-sec is safest for baby and an elective would mean i'd have an 'end date' set and i'd be awake for the birth, i've already been told i'll go early but i know they won't induce (and i won't accept the risk of induction anyway) so unless i go into labour, c-sec is the only way to deliver early, which is what i want.

Whichever way i do it, all i want is my baby here safely, it just seems to be the safest option for us. I'm seeing my consultant in January and i'm going to do my best to get a date, i know its early and they usually don't until 30+ weeks, but since theres no way he can be booked up for June already, i'm hoping he'll do it for my peace of mind xx

I have worried about these things as well. I couldnt get these things out of my head. I didnt enjoy the pregnancy or relax.

I know we need to know the risks of a section. Years ago they didnt tell you as much. However because the risks seem to be shown to you and printed all over the net, you see it more.

In the week just gone i lost my baby i was 18 weeks, my waters broke. :cry: Once again i was worried sick about having an op to remove things. However at the moment if they gave me my baby back i would be more than happy to have a section just to have my baby back.....:cry:

Try and relax...:flower:

I'm actually scared to get pregnant again. I'm not on any birth control right now because it made me soooooooooo hormonal and DH doesn't like condoms :haha: so no sex! He's getting really touchy feely and I'm having none of it! I'm scared of having another baby with heart block :cry:

I would love to have a VBAC, but I just don't see them letting me with the history.

I'm so sorry for your losses kelzyboo and majored :hugs:

I'm so sorry for you're loss majored :hugs:
You can PM me anytime if you want to chat hun xx

I agree, i'd do anything for a healthy baby, thats all i hope for. I'm fine with however it gets here as long as its ok. Just prefer that the risks of a section are mostly to me, not to baby and a VBAC is the other way around and i'm not willing to risk baby for anything x

I'm actually scared to get pregnant again. I'm not on any birth control right now because it made me soooooooooo hormonal and DH doesn't like condoms :haha: so no sex! He's getting really touchy feely and I'm having none of it! I'm scared of having another baby with heart block :cry:

I would love to have a VBAC, but I just don't see them letting me with the history.

i would love to go for a VBAC too. like you i'm not on any BC either, havn't been since having Pixie! we're ntnp now though so it's fine. i am just super broody and want to get pregnant NOW! lol

:haha: I am going to be on permanant BC here, hubby has his snip consultation...no more babies for me :wacko:

Were only using condoms here. :haha: I had a really rough time with BC. And only had one break so far! I'd like babies to be close together

I'm NOT going back on the pill after this baby... Gonna do NFP for a while... I bet my dr will love that idea, but oh well. Not her body.

I just got the IUD out in September and I tell you what... it was HORRIBLE. I've been doing a lot of thinking, and in my own personal faith I'm starting to feel that taking BC is saying "no" to my creator. Plus, condoms make me bleed (I must have sensitive tissue lol) & BC just messes me all up :(

Like you, Amaryllis I'll be doing natural family planning, too. Also, congratulations on being 30 weeks pregnant now!!! =)

First - 39 weeks

2nd - 40w1d

3rd - 39 weeks

The baby I am pregnant with now: 39 weeks. First week of July sometime :) But I'm due July 13th.

Reagan 29 weeks.
Amber 38+5 weeks.
Mitchell 37 weeks.

I never once made my due date/or elective section date due to pre-eclamptic toxemia all 3 times :dohh:

Thanks Girls ~ I have been thinking about having this LO closer to 40weeks, but then again, dont really want to risk labour starting, as really liked the calm way the elective was :thumbup:

Think mayby i'll settle for 39 weeks....:baby:

I assume none of your LOs had any problems at 39 weeks gestation? :shrug:

My DD, born at 38 weeks, had a heck of a lot of mucus (which choked her in her bedside cot sometimes & I found it so hard to get up quickly for her! :cry:) She also suffered with reflux....I havent heard its related, but really dont want to take any chances, as it was awful, just awful :cry:

Pixie had reflux/colicy symptoms - i don't think it's linked to early gestation though. Pixie was 40+4

SLC, I tend to agree with you on the BC. After this one, we'll be doing NFP for awhile so I have time to heal, and then I'm leaving it up to God whether He wants to bless us with a third child. Maybe I'm crazy, but I sort of feel like that's why it took us awhile to conceive this time-- God's way of reminding me that He's in charge, not me. :shrug:

DS was born at 41 weeks. I am also a little worried about having this section at 39 weeks... especially because DS wasn't ready to come out, even at 41 weeks... so what if this baby won't really be ready until then either, and we're forcing him/her to come out at 39?
Maybe it's silly... But I worry.

Amar- This is my 4th baby LOL!!

As far as your baby not being ready, almost all babies have strong enough lungs at that point! Trust your doc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->