• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

i didnt realise this group was here, have just come across it, i had my second section 6 months ago, have had an awful recovery, my body still isnt the same now, but im getting there, physically and mentally :)

Hi Mummyapril :) Sorry to hear you havent recovered well from your second section - was it an emcs or planned? xx

i didnt realise this group was here, have just come across it, i had my second section 6 months ago, have had an awful recovery, my body still isnt the same now, but im getting there, physically and mentally :)

:wave:

Sorry to hear recovery has been slow ~ What are you suffering with? :shrug:

The girl I'm breastfeeding champion for is getting her c-section in just under two hours! :happydance:

Hey ladies, finally got my birth story written and on my journal.

Hope you're all well x

I assume you have seen the new 'casarean section' area of baby & bump ~ Its awesome :dance:

The link is at the bottom of my signature :coffee:

Yup! It's lovely :) I'm glad there is finally a section for c-sections! (no pun intended :haha:)

Thanks, Kelly!! Didn't even know it was there. Yay!!

Only eight more days for me... starting to get a little nervous... I suppose I can post it over there, too, but: For those of you who have had both an emergency section and a planned one, what are the major differences?

Hi Mummyapril :) Sorry to hear you havent recovered well from your second section - was it an emcs or planned? xx

:hi: hi it was meant to be planned but my waters broke so i guess thats an emergency?

Im just constantly having something wrong with me, at the moment im in awful pain when i ovulate, but have had trouble with some part of my stomach, dr thinks maybe adhesions :nope:

Im just constantly having something wrong with me, at the moment im in awful pain when i ovulate, but have had trouble with some part of my stomach, dr thinks maybe adhesions :nope:

:hugs: Hope you get something to help with the pain & time heals you :hugs:

wow, thank you ladies. so great to find you all here. I had a emergency c-sect after 4 days of home labor. baby and me are totally healthy...but i am still mourning the loss of vag delivery and am concerned as to the imprinting my little one received in the emergency situation. how long for the emotions to heal?

Lovedogmama - To be honest, I don't think i've ever have "healed" or been 100% "okay" knowing that I've never, and never will, deliver a child naturally. I feel like somehow, society has made the "I pushed the baby out!" a right to passage to become a mother but honestly, as someone who suffers from severe morning sickness, I tend to think that is MY right of passage. Haha!

AFM, It's been about two months since I lost my little guy. I'm starting to think about TTC again and I'd like to start soon as I get two - three good quality, regular cycles but I haven't had started AF or even spotted since my D&E. So, my plan on starting to TTC in May probably isn't going to happen. Blah!

I haven't healed emotionally yet either and I don't know when I will. My dd was an elective and I think I did make the right decision and obviously she's here, healthy and happy but I do still wonder what would have happened if I had stood my ground. Nearly a year on my baby girl makes me so happy that I don't feel the need to dwell on it though :cloud9:

Good luck with ttc SLC, hope your bfp is just round the corner x

:wave: Hello ladies, I havent been here for ages, but just thought i'd pop in to say hello.

So my story... I has a emcs with my DD in Dec 2009 due to the MW descovering she was breach at 7cm. I have only recently found out that the main reasin they sectioned me was because she had pooped, as I was fully dilated and ready to push by the time they had transfered me from home to hospital. I have still not got over the fact I had to have a section as I know I could have pushed her out. But obviously her wellbeing is the most important thing, and if continuing with meconium was putting her at risk then it now kind of makes it OK iykwim.

I was always lead to believe through me 2nd and this current pregnancy that if I were to VBAC I would have to give birth at hospital under consultant care (basically being constantly monitored, possibly with epi in 'just in case' strapped to the bed) which is honsetly my worst nightmare or I could choose an elective section.

However after talking to my MW I am currently in the process of optiong for a home water birth. My MW said there is no reason y I cant stay at home, as they will monitor the scaring etc and if there are any signs of rupture or an pain at all I will be transfered to hospital anyway. So fx'd I will finally get the birth I have always wanted.

So ladies dont give up hope that u will never get to push your baby out, there is always the posibility of you challenging the consultant and by law they cannot refuse you the birth you want. But at the end of the day even if I dont get the chance to birth naturally, as long as I get my baby home then that is all that matters :hugs:

Hi Hannpin really hope you get your home birth, i remember you from the NTNP forum :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->