• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

hey nits, I had a emcs due to DD1 being breech. Although we did not find out until I was 7cm dilated (still at home planning a birth centre water birth) :(

Like the others have said it is not the end of the world, and u still have a few weeks to get her to turn. Try to spend some time down on your hands and knees, and not lying on your back at all.

Thanks, ladies, for all the replies.

The problem is my low amniotic fluid, which makes it very unlikely that she will turn. And because of the low AI, I have this irrational fear that if she tries to turn, the cord will get wrapped around her neck, so I kind of don't want to mess with it. :shrug:

My name is Victoria.

I have had 1 elective section, it should have been 2 but when my daughter passed away, 'they' decided I should deliver her breech.

I have had 2 vaginal deliveries.

Katie was an elective as she was breech like her sister.

I healed well, not bad considering I was high risk for PP Iinfection due to high BMI :smug:

Scar is not something I have ever looked at, I am not a fan of cuts and wounds :rofl:

But my ex says it's tiny :)

V xxx

Nits, Katie had low fluid and she replenished it herself by weeing :lol:

Cords are very bendable and cord accidents are rare and are not linked to low Amniotic fluid.

:hugs:

HTH.

V xxx

I had a c section at 39 weeks because Felicia was breech. I was hoping for a water birth too but the c section was a pretty positive experience in the end and I feel fine about it now. I tried everything to get her to turn, ECV, bouncing, positions, etc. She is happy and healthy and I don't care how she got here, just that she did :)

Nits, Katie had low fluid and she replenished it herself by weeing :lol:

Cords are very bendable and cord accidents are rare and are not linked to low Amniotic fluid.

:hugs:

HTH.

V xxx

Thanks, V!

I had a c section at 39 weeks because Felicia was breech. I was hoping for a water birth too but the c section was a pretty positive experience in the end and I feel fine about it now. I tried everything to get her to turn, ECV, bouncing, positions, etc. She is happy and healthy and I don't care how she got here, just that she did :)

Sounds just like me! I am really coming to terms with the c-section. I had a rough weekend a week ago, right after they scheduled it, but now I am feeling a lot better.
I am still trying to turn her, I am doing acupuncture and I need to start doing more downward dogs and all that. I will also ask the OB if she feels comfortable with trying ECV. But, that said, if I need a c-section then so be it, I am ok with it now :)

Sounds just like me! I am really coming to terms with the c-section. I had a rough weekend a week ago, right after they scheduled it, but now I am feeling a lot better.
I am still trying to turn her, I am doing acupuncture and I need to start doing more downward dogs and all that. I will also ask the OB if she feels comfortable with trying ECV. But, that said, if I need a c-section then so be it, I am ok with it now :)

The way I saw it was, at least I had tried my best to get her to turn, and she obviously didn't (for whatever reason) want to turn so the C Section was the least risk to my baby. Honestly, as the date approached I looked forward to it. I knew when I would meet my baby - I knew her birthday in advance! My mum was able to come up because she knew exactly when I'd have my baby. I didn't have to worry about labour, etc. They scanned me on the morning before the section because if she'd have flipped on her own they'd have sent me away to go into labour on my own but I was actually hoping she hadn't turned by then. I was ready to meet her! The section itself was planned so it was really positive and relaxed. Within 3 minutes of starting the operation, my baby was born and she was brought to me right away. You'll be fine if you need the section, just remember you'll get to meet your baby!!! :)
I had 3 attempts at the ECV (on the same day), after two the doctor had to stop because SHE had hurt her hands!!! And I begged for her to try again, she got a colleague to try. My baby wasn't having any of it, she would spread herself out so she couldn't be turned! The ECV hurt way more than the section or having the spinal or anything. However they were monitoring my baby the whole time and she had no signs of stress whatsoever, amazingly! She was unfazed, just didn't want them to turn her, so kept flipping back when they moved her a little way. Even though it didn't work, AND it hurt (only while they're doing it, then it stops hurting), I'm still glad I had the ECV because I don't have any regrets about not having the natural birth I wanted. I know I did everything I could to turn her and that in the end it was out of my control, and that was important for me. If that makes sense! Your doctor will only attempt the ECV if they think there's a good chance of being able to turn the baby and they look at different things to decide this like fluid, position of the baby, etc, so get their opinion, and if they can't do the ECV, or it doesn't work, don't feel bad, the C Section is really, honestly, not the end of the world and now almost 3 months later, I'm glad I had mine. I'm glad you're feeing better about things, it's a real rollercoaster of emotions, isn't it? :hugs: xxx

I am so glad u ladies were able to 'enjoy' (perhaps the wrong word but i hope ykwim) your sections.

I am determined to get my HBAC, but if for any reason I do need to have a section again I think now I know the procedure I will be able to get the positives from it.

V I begged them to try and let me naturally give birth to DD breech but 'they' wouldnt let me :( It is so wrong how things change when the baby is no longer here. Although I can see the risks and the reasons y things are different, it doesnt make it right. My son who I delivered naturally isnt even classed by 'them' as a birth as he was -24 weeks :( according to my consultnat I am higher risk of needing a repeat section if I try a HBAC and things dont go to plan because I havent had a natural labour before. So wtf was the 8 hours of sure hell before I met my son!?!!???!?!?!

Anyway I am climing back down off my high horse now :hugs:

Hannpin, I am so sorry for your loss :hugs:
how dare they not even classify it as labor and birth?

The way I saw it was, at least I had tried my best to get her to turn, and she obviously didn't (for whatever reason) want to turn so the C Section was the least risk to my baby. Honestly, as the date approached I looked forward to it. I knew when I would meet my baby - I knew her birthday in advance! My mum was able to come up because she knew exactly when I'd have my baby. I didn't have to worry about labour, etc. They scanned me on the morning before the section because if she'd have flipped on her own they'd have sent me away to go into labour on my own but I was actually hoping she hadn't turned by then. I was ready to meet her! The section itself was planned so it was really positive and relaxed. Within 3 minutes of starting the operation, my baby was born and she was brought to me right away. You'll be fine if you need the section, just remember you'll get to meet your baby!!!

Thanks so much for such a nice thoughtful post! it's like you're reading my mind!
In all honesty, I am also getting excited about knowing when my baby will be here. I also feel better that I am trying to make her turn but I know that, if she does, part of me will be a bit dissapointed that then I won't know when I will go into labor :dohh:

Thanks so much again, I am loving this thread!

Welcome to the new ladies :wave:

Don't think i've said in here yet but i'm expecting my 2nd now!!! i'm 5+4ish :D

:happydance: We're hoping to actively start TTC in June :) For now, we've been NTNP.

Hello everyone,i am 38 yrs old and have a 16 yr old son,i was 30 hrs in labour with him but couldnt push him out then got rushed down for emergency c section,i am now 7 months pregnant and am getting anxious about decision whether to try normal labour or opt for c section but the thought of everything is making me so anxious,any advice x

Skipton, I can't see any reason why you can't try for a VBAC.

Ask your MW for some birthing classes and someone to talk to about your anxieties.

Do a birth plan and good luck.

V xx

I agree with V. Talk to your doctor/OB/midwife (not sure where you are located so it will vary based on that) about your options and how to deal with your fears. Every pregnancy and labor is different :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->