• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

Hey ladies, just thought id let you know my experience wih preparing for birth number 2 following emcs. I have met with consultant surgeon and consultant midwife and both have stated they will support me with either vbac or elective section. They will let me go over my due date to see if i go into labour naturally if i choose vbac. I do not feel like i have to experience normal birth - maybe because i was fully dilated and pushing with dd before emcs, but think for the healing process pros i am gonna try for vbac - will keep you all updated! The good thing if i have elective cs is that they have promised to make my scar neater (it is a bit ugly!) xxx

:wave: Good to see this thread still running

There should really be a link to it in the 'csection area' of the site :coffee:

It should really be moved there, don't you think, now that there is a c-section area?

How are you finding the age gap KellyC75? Mine are 21 months apart and it can be challenging some days!!

Agree this should go into the c-section area now x

i was going to ask you all how you were finding the age gap. we are going to have practically 24months spot on age gap :haha:

:winkwink: Got it moved. Wobbles edited the first post a bit cause she said it was a bit out of date (with the mention of no c-section forum section) :)

Congrats Pichi and ditto with the age gap! x

:bfp: Congrats pichi :yipee:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Come join us on the 'little ones close in age thread' ~ We are a great bunch of Girls ~ With lots of help & advice on close age gaps :winkwink:

Click the button in my signature :flower:

Hi everone!

First of all, congrats, Pichi! Even though I don't know you, hehe.

I hadn't looked at this part of the forum before.
Just a quick intro: I'm almost 36 weeks along with my first baby. Had a really easy pregnancy until 32 weeks. My blood pressure started to hike up (no pre-eclampsia, luckily!!!) and my amniotic fluid levels are on the lower side (an average of 8).
On top of that, my little girl is in the frank breech position.

Because of all this, I am scheduled for a c-section on May 17th. I was born by cesarian since I was breech too, so i guess the idea was always in my mind. It is still hard, though.

I feel emotional about it. I had hoped for a water birth. But the most important thing to me is to have my baby, healthy and happy in my arms.

So, I guess I just need some emotional support =)

:hugs: Nits. I was all set for a water birth and my wee man was diagnosed with a heart condition at 25 weeks gestation. Cue weekly ultrasounds and an elective c-section at 39 weeks. Luckily, he's fine for now.

You do feel cheated, but I've come to terms with it the best I can. Alex is here and safe and healthy. That trumps every guilty feeling I had about not being able to give birth naturally :hugs:

Nits it's a hard thing to get your head around especially since you had your heart set on a water birth but baby COULD turn still - failing that at least you have had the advanced warning of a section and you can get your head around it (if that makes sense?)

i REALLY wanted a natural birth, but my birth plan changed 4 times in an hour! ending in an EMCS because my little one was also breech. she must have turned literally last minute as all the midwives who palpated my stomach confirmed her being head down :dohh: i was really upset and felt cheated too but in the end she's here and she's healthy that's the main thing. i got to 8cm dilated!

good luck :flower: and it's not all that bad having a section - it's just a bit tough with the recovery but if you have an understanding OH and lots of support from family and friends you will be fine :)

and thankyou for the congrats :blush:

Thanks, Ozzie and Pichi!

I spent the last 3 hours going through all the thread in this sub-forum. I even cried a little. I am feeling better now.

If she does happen to turn, I would still be induced at 39 weeks because of my BP and amniotic fluid. I guess regardless of the circumstances, there is always a chance of needing a c-section.
Like you said, at least I am given plenty of time to come to terms with it. My DH is great and my mom will be here, so I know I'll have plenty of support and help.

I hear bouncing on a birthing ball can help turn baby as well.

hey nits, I had a emcs due to DD1 being breech. Although we did not find out until I was 7cm dilated (still at home planning a birth centre water birth) :(

Like the others have said it is not the end of the world, and u still have a few weeks to get her to turn. Try to spend some time down on your hands and knees, and not lying on your back at all.

But if she does not turn and u need a section, like u said as long as she gets here safely that is the main thing. :hugs:

Although I was lead to believe because I had a section I would need to labour and give birth in hospital for future babies. I am currently planning a home water birth for DD2 who will hopefully be here in the next 7-12 weeks or so. So there may always be a next time xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->