~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

And don't let anyone pressure you into a decision. It's your birth. I would say, go with your gut. :thumbup:

Hello everyone,i am 38 yrs old and have a 16 yr old son,i was 30 hrs in labour with him but couldnt push him out then got rushed down for emergency c section,i am now 7 months pregnant and am getting anxious about decision whether to try normal labour or opt for c section but the thought of everything is making me so anxious,any advice x

Hi, my son is 15 and my daughter is 13, both were c sections. Im 38 and last year i found out i was expecting which was a very big shock to me. I worried myself sick about another section to the point that i would cry alot and it made me quite ill. Everyone i spoke to said not to worry about my age nor to worry about another section. Not only that it was in there and it had to come out. Other people didnt seem to see why i was so worried about it. I didnt get the support i would of liked or needed. I would say please keep asking the drs etc and get as much information and advice as you can. With any luck they will help you make a decision.
Sarah x

:wave: Hello all, just found out a few days ago that my little girl is still breech and most likely will not be flipping. I also have GD and low amniotic fluid. For these reasons I most likely will be having a c-section. I'm a little bit nervous, but I know everything is going to be fine. I think one of the hardest parts is simply not knowing when this is all going down, so I'm trying to go with the flow as much as possible. Thanks for listening!

:wave: Hello all, just found out a few days ago that my little girl is still breech and most likely will not be flipping. I also have GD and low amniotic fluid. For these reasons I most likely will be having a c-section. I'm a little bit nervous, but I know everything is going to be fine. I think one of the hardest parts is simply not knowing when this is all going down, so I'm trying to go with the flow as much as possible. Thanks for listening!

:hugs: I have to say though, having an elective is less stressful than getting halfway through labor and having to go for an emergency, I'm told :hugs:

Oh I'm sure. At least I'll have some advance notice compared with no advance notice during a dangerous situation.

Yes, knowing what and when is a LOT better than laboring and being told it's not going well. :thumbup:

an elective gives you time to prepare :) all will be fine. personally, i found the whole experience even being an EMCS an ok one.

i've noticed on my notes they need to be reviewed by the obstetrician - could this be because i'm wanting a VBAC?

an elective gives you time to prepare :) all will be fine. personally, i found the whole experience even being an EMCS an ok one.

i've noticed on my notes they need to be reviewed by the obstetrician - could this be because i'm wanting a VBAC?

Yes, most likely :) You can always ask as well. :thumbup:

i thought so. i think i have to go about my reoccurring UTIs after having pixie too. i've had close to 30 in 18 months :dohh:

Hey ladies, anyone know if there is anything I can do prior to labour to encourage my chances of vbac? i.e. last time i tried raspberry leaf tea (but dont think you can have this after a csection?) Thanks xx

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s: Aaryella November 19th, 2011
EDD: November 18th, 2012
Number of elective Caesareans: 0
Number of emergency Caesareans: 1
Number of vaginal births: 0

Hi my name is Amanda and i had my daughter Aaryella by EMCS. Was in labor for 18 hrs dilated to 5cm but miss Ella heartrate kept dropping and my blood pressure kept dropping. I wasn really upset about having a c-sction i was upset at the fact tha i didnt give my husband a vaginal birth. he has 3 other kids. all were c-section.. I am nw 8 weeks pregant tomorrow with my second baby and his 5th. i am still undecieded wheather it will be elective or vbac!!

Had my scheduled csection yesterday. My little Amy was born at 2:25pm, weighing in at 7 lbs and 20 inches long.
The section went great. Spinal was a bit scary mostly because I was afraid I would move but it wasn't that bad.
Recovery is going great and Amy is a great sleeper, she let us get plentyof rest :D

I am feeling really happy and at peace. The surgery wasnt bad at all and I don't feel I missed out on anything.

Thats great to hear Nits... and congratulations on your little bundle! glad everything went well for you

Congratulations Nits!

I had an ultrasound today, amniotic fluid level up from 6 cm to 7 cm. No c-section today. Yay! Next appointment Tuesday.

Congrats, Nits!
That was my biggest fear-- that they'd be putting in the spinal and suddenly my body would twitch or something and I'd be paralyzed or something.
Not saying that happens, I don't know if it ever has, but it was where my mind went.
And it was FREEZING in the OR, so I was afraid one little shiver might screw things up.

that's good to hear HM :) hopefully she'll cook for a little longer heh

did ne 1 see m post up a few?

it's what you feel more comfy with hun. if you feel an elective would be better for you then by all means go for one. you shouldn't feel bad for the sake of your husband. i don't think he's going to mind how it comes out so to speak. He should be proud of you for carrying his child for 9 months and being a healthy baby - not how they were brought into the world :flower:

Is your husband really focused on whether you have a vaginal birth or not? I just think it's odd that he would care so much... if anything, I've heard men say they preferred a c-section because that means things don't get so stretched out?
Idk... I just think it's odd that he cares. Like pichi said, it's what you're most comfortable with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->