• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

~Mark of Love~ c-section mom/mum support group

:wave: Hello all, just found out a few days ago that my little girl is still breech and most likely will not be flipping. I also have GD and low amniotic fluid. For these reasons I most likely will be having a c-section. I'm a little bit nervous, but I know everything is going to be fine. I think one of the hardest parts is simply not knowing when this is all going down, so I'm trying to go with the flow as much as possible. Thanks for listening!

Glad to hear the AF was at six or seven! My baby was breech, had lowish AF (same levels as you) and I had pregnancy induced hypertension. That's why the scheduled a csection at 39+1. Like I said, it was a very positive experience and I don't feel it affected our bonding at all. I know I will want to try for a vbac (stupid autocorrect changed vbac to vacation :haha:) next time but I won't be opposed to another elective either. Have they given you a date yet? :hugs:

Congrats, Nits!
That was my biggest fear-- that they'd be putting in the spinal and suddenly my body would twitch or something and I'd be paralyzed or something.
Not saying that happens, I don't know if it ever has, but it was where my mind went.
And it was FREEZING in the OR, so I was afraid one little shiver might screw things up.

I kept telling the nurse "don't let me move!" :haha::haha: I was shivering but I think it was mostly all the emotions going on. They gave me a nice heated blanket. I have to say, the spinal is pretty relaxing once it kicks in :blush:

did ne 1 see m post up a few?
Bbgurl, I didn't see your post but now that I went through my csection, I think both types of delivery require a lot of courage and strength. Nobody should think any less of you, especially not your husband.
I found delivery to be a very lonely place emotionally speaking. No matter how much support you get, you are in it alone, sort to speak. Everyone who's ever deliver a baby has all my respect :hugs:

My DH wasn't bothered as long as Alex and I were ok. That was his only thought :flower:

Hi ladies, mind if I join?

A bit about me:

Children/s name/s & birthdate/s: Isobel - 28/04/2012
EDD: 23/04/2012
Number of elective Caesareans: 0
Number of emergency Caesareans: 1
Number of vaginal births: 0

I went into labour naturally 4 days overdue on 27/04/2012, waters broke first around 3.30am then contractions started around 8am. The following morning after failing to progress past 9cm and with Isobel showing signs of distress and me showing signs of infection we went to theatre where I ended up with a general anaesthetic. I had developed group b strep in my uterus but luckily it hadn't gone into my body as bloods and urine tests were clear, and luckily Isobel was clear too. We were both in hospital for 7 days after the birth for recovery and so she could have a 7 day course of IV antibiotics.

Hi, Rachael, and congratulations!!

Nits, they gave me a heated blanket, too. It was so nice. Mmmm good memories.
Hehe is it weird I have good memories of an operating room? Maybe... but all my nurses were so nice to me. And I was fairly relaxed after having done it once before.
Yeah, the spinal was so weird... at first I freaked out 'cause I thought it wasn't working! But then gradually I lost feeling and then before the dr started cutting, she said, okay, can you feel this at all? And I was like, feel what? :haha:

The spinal was so weird... at first I freaked out 'cause I thought it wasn't working! But then gradually I lost feeling and then before the dr started cutting, she said, okay, can you feel this at all? And I was like, feel what? :haha:

hello Rachel and congrats on Isobel. I am glad you are both ok =)

I know, I kept saying I could feel my right leg and kept wiggling my toes to show them I could feel. The OB actually had to tell me to stop moving my toes :blush:
And then, just like you said, I didn't feel a thing when she started working.

I posted my birth story on third trimester:

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...th-positive-c-section-story.html#post18164077

pics included ^_^

I could feel people touching me, but I didn't feel pain, if you get what I mean? So I felt the scapal go across my stomach, but there was no pain.

I hear it feels like a tugging and pulling sensation?

yeah, you do feel that and after the baby is out, you may feel some pressure on your diaphragm, but they'll give you an oxygen mask anyway, so don't worry. It's really not that bad.

no my husband doesnt mind it was me that was upsetthaticoldnt give him his first vaginal birth and he doesnt care hich one i choose his time must of tped it wrong

No oxygen masks over here :shrug: I did feel a lot of pressure as it took both consultants leaning on my stomach to pop him out :haha:

Hmm guess it just depends where you live. I think my doc mentioned something about an oxygen mask.

Is it bad that I want my c-section like now? My next appt is Tuesday and I bet they'll be sending me home.

it's the waiting that will be the most annoying bit. are you definitely getting a c-section then?

i have my Appt with the OB 4th July after my scan so we'll see what they say in regards to me wanting a VBAC. i think they're all for it seeing as though the only reason i was an EMCS was due to Pixie being breech.

The doc is 99% sure it'll be a c-section, it's just a matter of when. Good luck & hope you get your vbac.

at least you have been given the news in time for you to digest and take in you know? i found it a pleasant experience personally. (well, as pleasant as abdominal surgery can be!)
just feels like someone is rummaging at the bottom of a bag for their keys - on your belly :haha: just take it easy afterwords and no quick standing up is all i can advise :)

8<------
i am thinking of investing in an abdominal band this time around too because i was left with a hell of a "mothers Apron" after Pixie ¬___¬ wondering if exercise and a band/belt would help this? hmmm really want to do a kick start exercise regime after xmas. i really need to get rid of wobble >_<#

My dr gave me a binder while I was in the hospital this time. (Didn't get one the first time.) And I loooooooved it. I would definitely recommend it. I think it helps stabilize you and keep your incision from pulling, helps you heal faster, helps your body go back to its normal shape faster, contracts your uterus... I honestly have no idea why they didn't give me one the first time, but I am sooooo glad I had it ths time!! I will recommend them to anyone... Any new moms, really, but especially c-section moms. :thumbup:

I had an oxygen mask, too.
The pressure at the end... I felt that... what was it??? I didn't remember it from DS... It felt like they were pushing on my lungs and I couldn't breathe. I just kept reminding myself that a) I had an oxygen mask and b) there were like a million people in the room and if I passed out or something they would help me right away. It was scary, though.

i remember the pressure too. they push at the top of the uterus to push the baby out the small incision and have to be quite forceful about it so i guess that's what that could have been? they'd be pushing quite close to your lungs. I didn't get an oxygen past :shrug:

that's fine then! i will buy a binder then. i hate that i have a horrible saggy overhang ¬___¬ and i remember the more weight i lost after having Pixie the worse it got. imo, now it looks awful but hopefully if i loose enough weight and prove i am not being able to shift it i may be able to have something done about it.

I've been thinking about a binder! I am kind of afraid of putting anything too tight over my incision right now but maybe in a few days time I'll get one.

hakuna, it's not bad to want your csection right now. It's a normal feeling =)
The last few weeks I would bring my bags with me to each appointment, kind of secretly wishing my AF would be kind of low and she would be born. I know it's awful and of course it's better if it doesn't happen but noone can blame you for wanting to meet your LO =)

Maybe not all hospitals do oxygen masks. I was happy I had one, even if I didn't use it half the time. I was crying so much that I was hyperventilating and then yeah, with all the pulling and pressure on my lungs, it was helpful.

Pichi, I hope they give you the ok for the Vbac =)
if the csection was just because of a breech baby and the incision looks good, I don't see why they wouldn't =)

They're all for me going for a vbac which is great but I guess I need to be told the complications, what happens if I go overdue etc... I'm quite looking forward to it haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->