Mash potato for 5 month old?

susan_1981

Mummy to 2 boys :)
Reaction score
I started weaning last month and am now thinking about giving LO some mash potato. Can I give him that now (he's 5 months) and if so, can I add milk and butter?

Umm I'm no expert :) but I'm sure babies can't have cows milk till 6 months old in cooking? Maybe try to make mash without the butter and use formula or breast milk.

And don't use a hand blender to do it - it does something very strange to the starch in the potato and makes... well... a gloopy mess that makes dried-on weetabix look easy to remove (and I swear they could weld airplane wings on with dried-on weetabix)!

My baby hated mashed potatoes until 10 days ago. Probably the texture. I would think 5 months is okay as long as it isn't thick - the amount of milk and butter added is probably negligible - use your best judgement on that.

Why not just boil sweet potatoes and mash them without adding anything? cow milk and butter are not good for a 5 months old.

I gave my lo mashed sweet potato its not as starchy he loved it. I'd probably hold up on the mashed potato for another month untill your lo can have butter and milk x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->