Mat units

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
Ok so im really worried bout giving birth at my local mat unit since i have found maybe couple of people say it was good out of all the people ive spoken to online, we dont get a tour or an online tour infact i dont seem to be able to even find my mat unit official website online :dohh:

The midwife i saw on tuesday really did not help with the way i am feeling right now since she was not even worth my time or carpark money to see :hissy: since she new nothing at all.

Im classed as high risk due to being 17

Does anyone no what other mat units i could transfer to im currently at peterborough maternity unit england. That do a tour or atlest have a website or any ideas on how to help me overcome this fear of delivering there.

I don't know any I could suggest to you as I'm nowhere near your area.
But I'm in the sme boat, I was recommended the main hospital cos it has a neo-natal unit if something was to go wrong, but when I went there for assessment, I didn't like it one bit, looked really dirty. But I went with it cos of the neo-natal unit.
The other hospital was my first choice, its so much nicer and friendlier and cleaner but has no neo-natal unit. xx

I'm giving birth at a maternity unit I did last time too, theres no way they should let you though if your classed as high risk? the one i'm going to was more than happy to show me around when i went for my scan there and it also has a website, it would be very unprofessional for them to say you couldnt, sounds very suspect to me, sorry i dont know your area but i would get researching somewhere else asap xxx

I'm giving birth at a maternity unit I did last time too, theres no way they should let you though if your classed as high risk? the one i'm going to was more than happy to show me around when i went for my scan there and it also has a website, it would be very unprofessional for them to say you couldnt, sounds very suspect to me, sorry i dont know your area but i would get researching somewhere else asap xxx

when i asked why they dont do a tour they said they just dont do it anymore, im classed as high risk only for the age reason nothing else, idea thing would be a water birth but even if i was low risk ive been told they only have 1 birth pool, im scared of hospitals and needles and places i dont no :(

I was high risk as well...age on top of gest. diabetes....Im 35 but the hospital we used had birthing suite tours and my family went with me...they were really nice...

https://www.nhs.uk/ServiceDirectories/pages/Hospital.aspx?id=RGN44&v=4

Hi hun, theres the reviews online for that unit
And some additional information is also n that page. I used a similar one for my hospital. Bear in mind that all hospitals have favorable and unfavorabe reports.

Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"