Maternity ballroom gown?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Club' started by Darlin65, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Darlin65

Darlin65 Married with a Munchkin

Yeah, I tried to avoid things that do custom designs. When I was a wedding consultant I saw some horrible dresses come in from those sites. I'm tempted to just buy the dress anyway and dress it up :haha: Maybe I can just find something similar with a fuller bottom or maybe more sparkle.

2. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

3. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

Yeah, I'd just look around for something like that, it doesn't need to be maternity, I wore a non maternity dress to my SILs wedding when I was 24 weeks with twins! So looked almost full term, it was maxi style which helped but just look for something with a little give and you will be fine.

4. Darlin65

5. Darlin65

6. Wannabe Mommy

Wannabe Mommy Pregnant FTM

7. Darlin65

oh, ok. I looked but couldn't find the name lol I will have to ask DH about it.

I see it now :haha:

8. Eternal

Eternal Three boys!

That's nice, works well if you do have a bump too

9. redlemonade

redlemonade Well-Known Member

If you love the dress, go for it! At least if you get something you love you'll wear it again :)

10. Pers

Pers Well-Known Member

I feel you as I'm faced with a similar problem. My brother's wedding is the end of Nov and formal as well. Thankfully, his fiancé is wonderful about it and doesn't mind if what I wear isn't as formal since I will be 32 weeks when they get married! I found two dresses at motherhood that would work for me (pre-preg sz 14 US). They aren't as formal but not so casual that they would look out of place. His fiancé actually has a gown she offered to let me have that I may wear instead, it is an empire waist with lots of fabric so despite not being maternity at a few sizes bigger with some minor alterations it should work.

I don't know where in OH you are but might check Gabriel Brothers if there is one near you. My local store had a few gowns that would have worked but weren't available in the right size.

11. Darlin65

I just found my dress yesterday at Target! They have bridesmaid ones online and there was a returned one at the store in my size! It was marked like half off too! It's a nice flowy satin gown. It's really nice and fits great! As long as my boobs don't get too big I could prob wear this my whole pregnancy.