Maternity clothes within 50 miles of Basingstoke

tinyme77

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry this turns into a rant.

I'm going crazy trying to find clothes that i am prepared to wear. Basingstoke seems to have a whole 10 different items to choose from. I've been to Reading and love H&M and Mamas and Papas(bit expensive) but have found that their range is too small. The mothercare and dorothy perkins are for bigger people- taller and rounder - i am only 5ft. Debenhams range is also really small.

I only want a few simple t shirts, work tops and will need a dress for a wedding that i have to go to at the beginning of july when i will be 36 weeks. As many people have already said they seem to sell dull, black dresses which is hardly apt for a wedding. I don't want to buy online because i have found that loads of clothes that i try on in shops just don't fit.

I am going to try Blooming Marvellous in Winchester but don't want to spend all my free time travelling to different cities just to find that there is only one shop in each. I was in mothercare the other day looking for some underwear. All the pants were in size 16/18 and if there were any bras in my size they were out of my reach and as usual the staff are no where to be seen.

I'm happy to try out Southampton, Windsor or anywhere within about an hour as long as when i get there there is more than one shop to look around!

Sorry for the rant. I've searched on this topic but am hoping that people will know of good shops in my area.

Any help greatly appreciated as i am getting a bit down about not being able to find anything.

xxx

hi,

do you need maternity or could you just buy a size bigger than your normal size? this is what i did with both my other 2 pregnancies and what i intend doing with this 1.

the only other thing i think of is trying the charity shops, not sure on where else there is as dont know your area.

Hiya, It is worth having a look on ebay, there are plenty of new items there as well as the used ones. I saw some which were petite when I was on earlier. There are also people selling bundles of clothes which are quite good value.

I have to agree with you about the terrible choice. I pretty much only have New Look, mothercare and dorothy perkins where I live and the selection is really small!! All the stores are MILES apart, I'd have to drive between them so it isn't exactly a nice day out shopping! Oh well.

I second ebay.. ALL my maternity stuff I have got from there.. some real bargains too. Always get your size if it says maternity on the label though. I bought a next pair of maternity jeans in a size 12 and theyre HUGE. I will be re-listing those shortly! lol

Hi,

Sorry this turns into a rant.

I'm going crazy trying to find clothes that i am prepared to wear. Basingstoke seems to have a whole 10 different items to choose from. I've been to Reading and love H&M and Mamas and Papas(bit expensive) but have found that their range is too small. The mothercare and dorothy perkins are for bigger people- taller and rounder - i am only 5ft. Debenhams range is also really small.

I only want a few simple t shirts, work tops and will need a dress for a wedding that i have to go to at the beginning of july when i will be 36 weeks. As many people have already said they seem to sell dull, black dresses which is hardly apt for a wedding. I don't want to buy online because i have found that loads of clothes that i try on in shops just don't fit.

I am going to try Blooming Marvellous in Winchester but don't want to spend all my free time travelling to different cities just to find that there is only one shop in each. I was in mothercare the other day looking for some underwear. All the pants were in size 16/18 and if there were any bras in my size they were out of my reach and as usual the staff are no where to be seen.

I'm happy to try out Southampton, Windsor or anywhere within about an hour as long as when i get there there is more than one shop to look around!

Sorry for the rant. I've searched on this topic but am hoping that people will know of good shops in my area.

Any help greatly appreciated as i am getting a bit down about not being able to find anything.

xxx

Hey

I got alot of mine from Uxbridge I dont know if that would be too far for you! They have Pumpkin Patch, New Look, H & M, Dorothy Perkins and a few other I cant remember hope that helps x

I live in Reading and haven't found many other places beyond those you named that do maternity. In broad street mall there's a New Look and Peacocks there that have small ranges but not worth going back for those two if you missed them.

There's a out of town Mothercare which I think have more clothes than the small one in town but not sure as I was put off by the price of their jeans.

I have jeans from Dorothy Perkins and am 5'1" and found the length to be pretty good but like all petitie clothes its down to the luck of having them in stock.

Wherever you are, the maternity ranges are pretty tiny. Even in central London I really didn't think there was much of a choice of stuff. I've just started looking on ebay myself and there are definitely some bargains to be had and you're not limited to just this season's range... as maternity ranges are so tiny this is a good thing!! Plus of course the clothes get posted to you, so you don't need to trek around shops. Only downside is you can't return things, but if you only pay a few quid then you can always just re-sell them straight away if they don't fit.

I've been really disappointed by the lack of maternity stuff. Even Topshop and Asos are disappointing me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->