Maternity Leave

Tacey

Reaction score
How long before your due date do you plan to take your maternity leave? I'm a teacher and very luckily, I am due on August 20th. As we break up on the 17th of July I think I'll have around 5 weeks before I'm due, which seems reasonable to me. What do you think?

That sounds good to me!

I'm not starting my maternity leave until I hit 37 weeks, so I'll have about 3 weeks off before Peanut is due - 1 week of that is annual leave I've carried forward from 2008 that has to be taken by the end of March 2009, so technically my mat leave isn't starting until 2 weeks before my EDD. That's the latest my company's HR department will allow me to start my leave, so that's what I've opted for, deciding I wanted as much time off as possible after LO was here. Saying that, my boss has been really flexible with my work - I go back on Monday for my last 4 weeks, and he's got me working in a non-customer-facing role (I work as a mortgage advisor in a bank) so as to keep my stress levels and work levels to a minimum; I'll just be doing administrative paperwork for my customers instead. Keeping my fingers crossed I feel well enough to manage the last 4 weeks!

i have arranged mine for 2 weeks before Lo is due, but i have a few holidays to take so i am going to take a few days off a week a couple of weeks before so technically i will be working part time hours from a couple of weeks before mat leave starts.

Thanks ladies! Looks like I should be fine if the little one arrives at the right time!

I'm going to try and work up until 2 weeks before LO is due, this is the minimum period in Ireland and I'd like to have as much time as possible once LO is born. Here's hoping I can manage it, I've been feeling fine so far!

Tacey, that seems ideal to me. I don't work so thankfully haven't got to think about it but the timing is great. Hope all goes well, take care :hugs: XX

My mat leave doesn't start until 2wks before my due date but I'm also taking 2wks holiday.... so my last working day is 03 April and my due date is 01 May.

Tacey as your a teacher, if you can cope until 17th July your official start date of maternity leave can be put as your EDD as your are due during the summer holiday! I am also a teacher, due week and half after easter. So I work until week before baby due..

That's brilliant NatalieW! I wasn't sure if it would start automatically at the start of the holiday. Looks like I had good timing!

Check out TES forum to be totally sure, but I am pretty certain! You are very lucky!! You'll leave on the 17th but mat leave start on EDD. Wish mine was like that!!

oh wow perfect timing for you then Tacy!!! I want as much time with LO as poss but I am having so much pain right now that I guess we will have to see how i feel xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->