Maternity pay help?! Uk

Nic64

Reaction score
Hi just wondered if anyone knows what were entitled to....

I know we get 6 weeks at 90% of wage then 33 weeks for statuary or 90% of wage which every is less!

But I am not returning to work so my question is am I stil entitled to all 39 weeks worth of pay or does it cut of earlier if anyone has any knowledge on this or know where I might find the answer it would be much appreciated

Thanks nic x

Hiya, not sure on the exact answer, but check out the direct.gov.uk website, should tell you on there xx

If its statatory mat pay which sounds like what you describe then no you get it all and don't need to pay any back

Tried direct gov website nothing on there other than what I know!

Yes only getting statuary so hopefully will get all 39 weeks worth just need find it in writing to prove to my boss! Only been of work 2 and half weeks yeh being paid maternity for the past month! And get paid a month behind so was expecting it to be less but not that much! And he's tried telling me I will only get paid til September! But if I get the full 39 weeks I should get til the start of December! Stress!!! Xx

Your HR department should know, sounds like you have a mean boss that's trying to get out of paying you what ur entitled to!!

We don't have one! It's a very small business and he just a bit of an idiot! I will get what am entitled to am soo angry and determined x

I had read somewhere that smp if you weren't returning was for 26 weeks. Don't quote me on that though! Give your hr department a call x

my company sent me a list of all my pay dates and the amount before tax i will get. i assumed this was normal practice? i'm almost 100% certain you are entitled to the full 39 weeks pay even if you dont go back.

I got a letter from my council (i'm a school teacher so technically work for them) which stated i would get the full 39 weeks as you said above if I didn't return to work.

I am returning to work which means I also get Occupational Maternity Pay for 12 of the weeks but the money will still stop after 39 weeks.

Hope you get the full 39 as I am in a similar position, may not have a job in a few days so worried I won't get my full SMP.

https://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications...ty/statutory-maternity-pay-smp/resuming-work/

Resuming work

Payment of SMP does not depend on you intending to return to work for your employer after your baby is born. If you qualified for SMP you are entitled to get it and keep it, even if you do not return to work. Your employer cannot ask you to pay back any SMP that you have received and that you are entitled to.

You have a right to return to your former job after ordinary maternity leave on the same terms and conditions.

If you take additional maternity leave after ordinary maternity leave you have a right to return to the same job, or one with no less favourable terms and conditions if it is not possible for you to return to your former job.

If your contract of employment gives you different rights to the statutory minimum set out above, you can take advantage of whichever is better for you.

Feeling much more positive about this! Thanks for everyone's help xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->