Maternity pay/leave rant

fire

Married with 2 boys
Reaction score
I'm due on 22nd Sept and started my maternity leave on 23rd Aug. I handed in my MAT B1 & my works maternity form in June - as I was meant to.

I work in a school so payroll is in a different place to where I work. I've been waiting for a letter from payroll explaining my entitlement etc but I've heard nothing:growlmad:

Hubby phoned payroll for me today and was told they hadn't received my paperwork!! But they said not to worry they'd sort it. I'm so mad! I hope the paperwork isn't still sat on the secretarys desk at work!

I'm not even sure what my entitlement is so was hoping this letter would shed some light on things for me.

Sorry for ranting I just needed to get it off my chest!

it's terrible when other people don't do what they are supposed to do. rant away, love!

xoxo

That's poo. I applied for a sure start maternity grant (i don't know if we'l get it but because i was on maternity leave last year with my daughter it means my wage for this last tax year is lower so we might get it on the grounds of how much tax credits we get. I waited 3 weeks then rang the jobcentre and they said they hadnt received it.on I got a new form and i brought the form to my midwife again. She said it will take a while to fill it in (they have to answer about 3 questions...so hard) so she suggested i leave it with her and she would fill it out for me and post it. I have waited weeks again, just got it through the post on Friday saying the midwife needs to fill the back in so she'd just sent it through the post without signing it or filling her bit out or anything!!!! It's so annoying when you need to rely on other people. xxx

Well I work in HR for my company, so I know that my Mat1B was there on time n what not, and I was still paid my correct wages my first month leave, and contacted a week later to apologise saying they hadnt received my form so next month would be a lot less pay!!

idiots. do u need any info about entitlement at all, maybe i can help? x

The entitlement is pathetic really. 90% of salary for first 6 weeks, then down to £124 per week for the next 33 (I think it is) weeks. Then sod all.

I had to do the same, I phoned up and kicked some ass as my mat leave starts next week :growlmad: Work also tried to put me on mat leave early (which is totally illegal unless you are within 4 weeks of your due date) although not sure if they have or not? I won't know until friday.

MA forms were a pain up the bum too, fill them in now and it will save you some hassle!xx

That's poo. I applied for a sure start maternity grant (i don't know if we'l get it but because i was on maternity leave last year with my daughter it means my wage for this last tax year is lower so we might get it on the grounds of how much tax credits we get. I waited 3 weeks then rang the jobcentre and they said they hadnt received it.on I got a new form and i brought the form to my midwife again. She said it will take a while to fill it in (they have to answer about 3 questions...so hard) so she suggested i leave it with her and she would fill it out for me and post it. I have waited weeks again, just got it through the post on Friday saying the midwife needs to fill the back in so she'd just sent it through the post without signing it or filling her bit out or anything!!!! It's so annoying when you need to rely on other people. xxx

It is annoying when you do your part & get the form filled out on time for other people to lose or forget about. Hope you get the grant sorted soon x

Well I work in HR for my company, so I know that my Mat1B was there on time n what not, and I was still paid my correct wages my first month leave, and contacted a week later to apologise saying they hadnt received my form so next month would be a lot less pay!!

idiots. do u need any info about entitlement at all, maybe i can help? x

I've looked on the Direct.gov website at what my entitlement is & I've gone off that when I've filled in my SMP form. I just wanted something in writing from work what my entitlement is to check I'd got my info right x

Just had my boss on the phone, she's resent my paper work to payroll & has assured me its all sorted. We'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->