Maternity pictures

Darlin65

Married with a Munchkin
Reaction score
Anyone braved it and done their own? I feel like DH and I are good enough we could do them ourselves. We are going to the beach in a month or so (depends when our taxes comeback) and I wanted to have some on the beach. I tried to find a photographer but none of them were very good. I just bought a nice new camera to do newborn pictures of LO. I am pretty good at kids and family but I've never really done my own :blush: I just can't justify spending all that money on pictures I don't love. I want just sort of a flowy outfit to give it a godessy feel on the beach. Nothing too crazy :haha:

Ugh, I'd love to be able to take pictures but I don't have a camera like that sadly. It would be just so much fun. I haven't looked at any photographers because I'm picky too and even though lovey can't take a good picture I'd trust him with this. Lol.

We had them done by the lady who was doing our wedding pictures and I was so disappointed I cried! Looking back we got some good ones but they just weren't what I had my hopes set on. When she sent them to us the ones that were supposed to have his name on them she put the wrong name! I had to email her and tell her to redo it :dohh: I just feel like for the money we paid for maternity, newborn and wedding pictures we never go the quality expected. I will never go to that woman ever again. Each session just got worse. If you do find a person with a good portfolio you have to remember that is the best of their best and not usually how every shoot turns out sadly :nope:

Eek, I'm sorry about that! :o I wouldva been so pissed. I was happy with the photographer at my wedding, thankfully we knew her though so we knew her work already. She had no problem showing us everything.

Yeah, it's extremely hard to know who you should even pick and what not. Sometimes it's better to have someone with no experience even. >< There's so many beautifully done pictures out there of everything but it's so hard.

Not even close to that stage yet but I'll probably be doing my own, along with the newborn photos. My icon over on the left is my husband and me in our wedding gear - I took it myself :) I've loved photography for years and have a good collection of cameras to choose from so I might as well :)

with dd I had some done, they were quite "for your eyes only" , this time my cousin is doing them and am going for a more fun theme, a few ideas : black silhouette, lying down with a flower on the bump, DD kissing the bump, dd dressed up as a doctor with a stethoscope listening to bump, lying in pink and blue balloons/dd holding one colour and me holding the other

a beach idea sounds lovely

The decent photographers (and yes there are loads of rubbish ones imo) you have to get in with well before you're due in my city. They only do so many/ mnth. I have a BFA and I'm extremely picky. Our wedding photographer was great and I'm afraid the maternity/baby photos won't be the same quality. We were married near my husbands home town in Scotland but we live in Canada so won't be getting the ssme guy.

I might just email him anyway and ask if Canada (Rocky Mountains) is on his bucket list lol.

I'll be doing my own with my husbands help, I'm a photographer and was going to just make it easier on myself and pay someone else to, but I knew I wouldn't get the vision I wanted so I bit the bullet :)

My mom is a professional photographer so I'm pretty lucky in that sense :) seeing as it's her first grand baby I'm sure to have many photos of him as well! She offered to take pictures at the hospital too but I'm undecided... I've seen the ones she's done for clients and they're nice but so so personal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->