Maternity tops already tight! What next?

TrixieLox

Reaction score
I'm just 32 weeks and already, the maternity tops I got (even some as recent as 2 weeks ago) are looking uber tight. I'm petite but curvy (so 5 foot and usually a size 8-10 but big lady bumps!) so I've been trying to avoid floaty roomy tops as they drown me.

Have any of you got any recommendations of the kind of tops I can order maybe online, decent prices (don't wanna spend more than £10-15 per top really as already have a load).

So the kind of tops that are already tight include this one https://www.mothercare.com/Blooming...iped-Maternity-T-Shirt/LY5097,default,pd.html which I got in a size 14 anyway and is tight now, just 2 weeks later!

I started with maternity tops but to be honest I got a load of cheap tank tops and t-shirts from primark and I live in them....there stretchy and will just bin them afterwards! X

I have been popping into primark and buying stretchy tshirts a couple of sizes bigger than normal. They stretch over my bump and don't drown me. Like you a don't want to wear floaty tops as they make me look the size of a whale cause of my boobs lol

They are only £2.50 so I don't care if they don't fit in a couple of weeks :)

I know i'm not as far along but I just went to the charity shops and got some bigger sized vest tops etc. No point in paying out a fortune for expensive maternity clothes so close to the end xx

I have found this too, you can only get tops in so many bigger sizes before they are baggy all around the arms and neckline :/ I am huge too!

Maternity tops are rubbish and a waste of money. They aren't long enough! I've got alot of vest tops, primark have some cheap decent ones that are long so don't ride up. River island do a better quality material and I've just got a matalan one £4 and I love it! I want more. Plus I can use them after! I dont like having nothing on my arms so I put on little shrug cardis or wear then under light tops I had pre preg for the length

I have been buying these https://www.newlook.com/shop/womens/tops/fuchsia-dip-hem-peplum-t-shirt-_269364277 in two sizes bigger than I would normally and they've been great to wear with leggings. I am also petite 8-10 but have D cup boobs so these are good because they keep my shape around the top but then are lose on my bump. Very comfortable. They might not suit everyone but thought I'd suggest them seen as sounds like we have similar shape!

I noticed the same problem this morning - I tried on one of my maternity tops and it was a little tight and uncomfortable. :( So now I'm wearing one of my normal stretchy tops. I wish I could wear casual big T-shirts but I work at a fancy bank and we have to look really nice here. So now I just have to figure out what to wear for the next three weeks before maternity leave starts! I'm thinking lots of dresses...

I bought this top in several different colors and have been wearing them for the last week:

https://www.destinationmaternity.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=91038Z10010&MasterCategory_Id=MC2

The side ruching helps the front expand so even at 38 weeks they're still not tight or comfortable. And the way the top is designed I'm pretty sure I'm going to be able to wear it after pregnancy for a few months as well! Plus I can throw a cover over it and wear it to work and be super comfy.

My maternity tops for workout are super stretchy and long ad now those fit me the best. I use ocean lily maternity tops. My non athletic tops are smaller in the belly and shorter. Try the workout stuff. The stretchy fabric makes a difference!

I'm wearing a lot of these style tops from M&S. They are elasticated at the bottom and loose around the tummy (for a non-pregnant person) so there is plenty of room for bump. They do them in different colours/patterns and at £12.50 are a bargain.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/Pur...r_1_13&nodeId=42966030&sr=1-13&qid=1368121314

Try your oh's clothes. I pinched half of his wardrobe :)

I've outgrown 2 pairs of small mat pants that fit me fine up until a few weeks ago! I went into the store I bought them at, and the sales lady told me that is natural, bump is getting bigger, and water retention could be a source as well. I had another pair in med, that fit great, so I will wear them until the end, I really only have 5 more weeks. My mat bras hardly fit, my boobs are busting in them (sigh) I do have to make my way over to the mat store to get two nursing bra's VERY soon. I haven't really had an issue with my mat tops ... they all still fit. I bought mat clothes and also went to a second hand store and bought clothes. Yes mat clothes can be so expensive!!!! :(

I have some plain maternity vests from mamas and papas, which I wear with an open cardigan - they are long compared to some other maternity tops I've bought, so completely cover my bump, plus they stretch out really well. And they wash brilliantly - they are one of the few items of maternity clothes that I was fit to reuse this pregnancy. They still look like new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->