Maxi Cosi FeroFix Review - Fantastic Quality, Safety & Ease of Use!

kb4

Reaction score
We have been using this seat now for nearly a month and I love it! It has been very well thought out with several unique features and so far I am having trouble faulting it! To summarise my thoughts on it:

Comfort - The first thing I noticed about this seat is the plush material it is made of compared to other seats – it is very soft and padded, so it both looks good and feels very comfortable for my 3 ½ year old daughter.
• A unique feature of this seat is that it grows both height and width ways so will suit all sizes and shapes of children upto the age of 12 – it is very easy to adjust unlike some other seats.
• It has a 2 position recline which is very unusual in this class of childseat – great for longer journeys and when you are trying to get them to sleep! The recline stops the child’s head dropping forward when sleeping so they are far more comfortable. It is slightly stiff however and works best when the seat is empty.

Safety - They have put a lot of thought into this element of the FeroFix – something that isn’t so considered normally in this class of child seat (often just booster seats with a slightly padded back/head rest).
• The head rest has AirProtect Technology which although has the primary purpose of providing safety, also plays a big part in why the headrest is so comfortable.
• Having Isofix is also a great benefit as holds the seat firmly in place (unlike our old seat which would often move around on a journey especially going round tight corners) – it is very easy to fix in the car, literally takes seconds of time so could be moved around cars with no trouble.
• There are also red markings on the seat which shows where it is best to lie the seat belt.

Ease of Use – this is very important and keeps a busy Mum sane (especially if battling with a second child at the same time!).
• What I love most is that the seat unit isn’t too wide so it is very easy to reach over and plug the belt in – also easy for the child to do themselves. With my old seat I was always struggling to find the socket to plug the belt into as the seat was a little wider.
• There are very user friendly belt hooks which keeps the buckle handy at all times – another time saver! They also stop the belt cutting into the child’s neck which has happened with some other seats – and obviously leads to a lot of moaning!

All in all this is a great seat with many unique and well thought out features. The price is obviously higher than many others in this class of seat but I feel it can be justified as you can’t put a price on safety and when you think it lasts for over 8 years you will definitely get your money’s worth!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->