May 2012 babies - so far 8 yellow, 22 blue, 21 pink!

How do you know if they have a tongue tie? My LO has an issue with the nipples on the bottle, I have to force his tongue out of the way to put the nipple in correctly, probably was why we had such a hard time with breast feeding, did anyone else have that problem?

Also, those of you not in the US be thankful! With a regular 10 hour labor and no complications, with an epidural, was over $20,000! And usually the patient has to pay 20% of that which is $4,000 but I think my out of pocket has been covered for the year so I shouldn't have to pay anything. But I know if you get a c-sec or any other surgery it can be up in the $100,000's !!

Kendra, my midwife diagnosed the tongue tie.

I've been discharged from the midwives and my health visitor came round once and said if I need anything to ring them. Don't feel like they are gonna support me as much as the midwife did. I just wanna cry!!!

Anti: firefly once the tt gets fixed she won't have a latch issue anymore. I hear ya on the pumping being exhausting. Here we are denoting to bf, then bottle feeding, then pumping! Its never ending...

Frangi: hang in there! Can't be much longer now!

Kendra: I think with a tongue tie, he would not be able to stick his tongue out far enough to have an effective latch...which could easily be the reason you found bfing so frustrating.

Arm: same crap different day. Gabe has days where he will bf, many days where he latches on and then just uses me as a pacifier. He lost more weight this week, and has been extra fussy. So I'm giving him a lot more formula than I would like... I'm starting to be able to pump a bit more on the right side, but not quite an ounce... I'm trying desperately to keep some milk supply in the hopes that Gabe will just get it one day and start bfing like an old pro, and I can rebuild my supply then. I'm really staying to feel I like were not going to be successful though. But I've promised myself that i would not quite before 6 weeks. I really wish there was a fixable reason for our issues, but sadly, there is not. It's just so frustrating to have a few good days, and then he loses more weight and I'm 2 steps back again.

I'm sorry to hear that bf is a struggle for a lot of women, I know I am lucky with Lola even when she wants to feed every hour. I'm just struggling with getting her to stay in her miser basket....she'll manage an hour or ao then cry to get out. Just got a good few hours sleep but only because she was in bed with me!

bumpin, my production issues were very similar to yours and I just threw in the towel. Luckily LO was gaining weight from the get-go because I had always been supplementing with formula and I didn't want him to take 2 steps back, exactly like you're talking about, so I just said to hell with it and stopped. I could never pump more than an ounce and a half on one side though. I believe it had a lot to do with my being completely stressed out and I wasn't eating at all. I lost 25 lbs in the first week and 10 the second. I have leveled out thankfully and feel a hundred times better but I am happier formula feeding him either way. I also am on some anti-d's that I needed to get upped and I knew if I did that it would pass through breast milk so it also allowed me to get the meds I need to stay sane and stay happy :)

Sorry to hear some of you were having a bad day too :(

Yazzy - I am having the same problem with Max, he wakes every hour or less to feed for cuddles and I gave up and he now sleeps with me in bed, it is the ONLY way I can get any form of sleep and function during the day.
Arias on the bottle and she wakes often too but usually she will sleep on her own in her bassinet without a problem!

Anti sorry to hear about the tongue tie and you having to express, that's hard work expressing that much, you have done really well :D

I'm still feeling pretty down, me an OH have had a few fights recently, I guess we are hitting that stage where the sleep deprivation ffor both of us has worn us down so much we take it out on each other :( we have one baby each so neither of us get a nights rest. Its just madness!
I am hoping once this newborn stage is over things get easier, everything I read, the first 6 weeks were the worst, I believe it!
Not every day has been bad though, overall its been much better than I expected but on the days where both babies are crying and I dont have enough arms, I start feeling quite desperate and all I can do is cry.
Hopefully OH doesn't have to come home from work again!

Aria has been on the goat formula for almost 5 days now and she has been holding it down great! she had a really huge chuck up tonight though and I am kicking myself cos it was my fault!! I didn't even think! |She was hungry and I thought I would try her on the boob cos I feel awful about not breastfeeding her but I didn't even think about the possible milk intolerance thing!! So an hour later after she had her bottle (after she had a bit of breastmilk) she vomited it EVERYWHERE the biggest vomit she has done in over a week so I reckon it was my milk that did it cos she has not vomited again since. I feel so bad, can't believe I didn't think!

aw Zephyr don't feel bad, you were just trying to give Aria the best - i can only imagine how shattered you & dh must be, but you're doing such a great job!

yazzy - exactly the same with eva! she wants to feed a lot & is starting to sleep more but isn't keen on going down in her moses basket. last night she spent most of the night in my bed but i don't find i can sleep properly

kendra - wowees, i guess we uk ladies should be ever grateful for the nhs - even when they seem to let us down!

dh got a call to say his dad had a mild heart attack so he's off to see him. It's a 3hr car journey on a horrible road which has only just reopened after 2 fatalities yesterday. made him promise & double promise to drive carefully. my ds also has a badly sprained thumb & is all strapped up, so is fed up that he can't go play with his friends in the nice weather.

x

Am so loving being a mummy :) Evie is so happy and content all the time. She really isnt a fan of her moses basket though, so has spent every night in bed with me!

We've had lots and lots of visitors, which has been lovely :) todays visitors not so much though! my in laws are here, and my MIL and SIL are more than welcome to stay, but i wish they hadnt brought my FIL!! he's normally a lovely man, and he was really upset that he hadnt got to meet Evie yet, but he hung out here for an hour, then took my OH to the pub to "wet the babies head" They've just got home and they're shitfaced! I'm really pissed off with both of them! My FIL should have realised that my OH has a 4 day old baby to look after, so to stop at one drink, and my OH should realise that as i sold my car yesterday, we are reliant on him to go anywhere!
I sent him out to get food for himself, just heard him come back and he went to go in the wrong house! I am absolutely fuming!!
Its hard enough breast feeding and being the only one who can feed Evie, but now my OH is wasted and I'm reluctant to even let him near the baby!!! Am i wrong to be fuming? he's going to be in a drunken sleep all night, and now he'll be hungover all day tomorrow! what makes it worse is his dad thinks its hilarious! And, they're staying here tonight! so i either sit in my room with the baby, or i have to sit around two drunken idiots, trying to bite my tongue!!

Nope, you have every right to be pissed off, and I would say something to both your FIL and OH. That's totally uncalled for. What would they think if you took off and got hammered and then nobody could feed the baby? Would they let you do that? Probably not. So why would he get to?

Luci yep I'd be fuming too! My oh likes a drink but today is the first day he's popping out for one since Lola has been born and she's 3 1/2 weeks old...plus he did ask aswell.

Well last night although Lola fed every 2 hours she was happy to go back in her moses basket and sleep with no fuss. I wonder whether she was a bit cold the other nights or something. I think it might just take a little time and making them feel reassured they aren't alone. Its a major thing for babies considering all they know is being coccuned and safe before they are born.

We've just visited more family and Lola has met some more cousins and now we're having a relaxing afternoon as we're sending her daddy off to the pub!

hey luci sorry to hear the men in your family are being dicks lol

Well - I'm STILL here! Was due an induction today but it looks like it wont happen as the hospital are too busy - am just sat waiting at home to call back at 12:30 :(

This baby is never coming :(

Do they do an ultrasound or anything to check on the baby when you're that past due? I know here they do a "biophysical profile" to make sure baby is ok.

I hope you have had that baby Frangi!!

Everything is much better here :D I have had a really good couple of days.

Max smiled at me in the bath yesterday, HUGE smiles that melted my heart and he has started making little social noises and 'talks' to me when I talk to him, little uhhhs and grunts hehe so cute

Aria has stopped puking so I think this goats milk is working good now. Saw my aunrty yesterday who sad her girls had very bad reflux, they were admitted back into hospital and the only formula one could drink cos of it was soy formula so I think the goat is definitely helping if it is reflux.
Shes been looking round heaps and making funny facials hehe so cute.

Hows everyone else?

zeph I am glad that things are calming down with Aria and her digestive system!

I have noticed my LO making faces and almost/half smiles and what sounds like the start of laughs or just testing his voice out, so cute, I can't wait to watch him change and grow and see what his personality is like :)

Aww how cute! Sounds like it wont be long till you are getting some big smiles too :D
I can't wait to see them grow either though in saying that they grow so fast!

I'm glad things have settled down too! She has had a really good couple of days, the last spewy day was when I gave her that breast milk. I mean she spills an awful lot, but most babies do. She has just stopped that awful vomiting she was doing and seems happier.

She was weighed today and has gained 700 grams since last week (I think it was 700, I'll have to double check cos it seems like an awful lot) same as Max. They have a 20 gram difference now :D

Zephyr that is fantastic news!!! Well done you! Glad things are going so much better for you!

I cant believe how much this weather is changing over here. Wish we could just have a nice summer already!! We've been given so many lovely dresses for ashlynn and I just hope the weather picks up soon so she can wear them!! I've started putting ashlynn to sleep in her big cot for day time naps so that she gets used to it. At the rate she's growing she'll be out her moses basket soon!! We have her tongue tie appointment next week. Gonna break my heart but hope they can help us and maybe I can get her back on the breast.

Hey everyone,

Good to hear everyone is getting on well. Zephyr its really good to hear the goats milk is working for Aria.

Anti good luck with the tongue tie appointment, I hope all goes well.

Frangi...I hope that baby arrives safely soon if he/she hasn't already.

All is well here, i'm getting Lola weighed this afternoon and can't wait to find out how heavy she is now. She slept well last night, fed at 11.30pm, 2.30am and then 6am before sleeping for another 3 hours. She is great fun, she's been very smiley especially when you pick her up at 6am...she makes a few noises and follows toys and people and grabs at her toys on her play gym.

It is horrible outside today and I know what you mean Anti as Lola has loads of pretty dresses but its a bit chilly at the moment. I do put her in them with leggings and a cardi though.

Frangi- I hope you've had your baby by now! It must be horrible to be so far over and still not have any answers from the doctors!

Zepher-I'm glad Aria is doing better on the goats milk :) Max's little noises sound so cute :)

Evie is doing so, so well :) She slept so well the first few nights, only waking up twice, then we had a few really rough nights, where she kept us awake allll night. But then last night she had a huge feed just before bed, then slept for nearly 7 hours straight! I was amazed when I woke up! She absolutely refuses to sleep in her moses basket though, so she's spent each night on my tummy.
She is absolutely gorgeous, and has such an expressionable face :) I can't believe how much I love her!
I'm breast feeding her, which was hard to start with because she didn't seem to latch properly, and she completely ripped my nipples apart, but I had a breast feeding advisor come round and show me some different positions, and we're getting on so much better now :) She feeds for about 40 minutes on each side now, which is so, so tiring!

Heres a few pictures of our gorgeous girl :)

Attachments

• IMG-20120605-WA0023.jpg
    IMG-20120605-WA0023.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG-20120605-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20120605-WA0017.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20120605-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20120605-WA0004.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-20120605-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20120605-WA0003.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2012-06-05 21.35.19.jpg
    2012-06-05 21.35.19.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 7
Luci lovely pics and great to hear all is good with you and Evie.

I've just had to change Lola as her nappy managed to leak a little, hoping a feed settles her so I get some sleep too!

Had Lola weighed today and she's now 8lb 14oz, she's doing really well. That's basically 3lb that she has put on since she was born 4 weeks ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->