May 2012 babies - so far 8 yellow, 22 blue, 21 pink!

I know how you feel luci, i keep getting waves on panic and thinking im not ready to be a mum - bit late now lol!

Glad you are enjoying ur new house!

thanks zephyr I may well be a June mummy but hope not! Sorry to hear Aria is having such a hard time I guess its just finding the right balance of feed and medication, fingers crossed you get it sorted asap

Had my firsy sweep today about 3 hrs ago. Apparently I was 50% effaced and 1cm dilated and my cervix was posterior but moveable. It was uncomfortable as he tugged my cervix forward and gave it a vigorous massage but not painful. Its just odd and over.quickly. Plus my theory was if I.couldn"t.cope with that how would I deal with the actual labour. Not holding out much hope this will do anything and have a second sweep booked for Weds night and then plan for.induction Fri.if still no baby!

Good luck ladies still waiting for your bubs!!! I look forward to hearing birth stories!! I really should get mine done but this newborn stuff is tiring and I hardly get any time to do anything!!

Kendra - what is that? My doc gave us Coloxyl for constipation but it doesn't seem to be helping much :( We are literally screwed either way, we feed her the thick stuff she gets constipated even with the meds and extra fluids, we give her other formula she pukes too much of it. Uggh

We find out if she has gained more weight tomorrow she was only a little off her birth weight last week so hopefully she has gone over it now!

Max is doing great, he has grown so much! and he is so alert and has started making cute little sounds every now and then. But mostly growls lol it is so cute have never heard anything like it! Aria gives a disapproving look to people, raises her eyebrows and Max growls, they make a great team

I have more pics to upload, will do when I get a chance, we just got back from town which was sort of a mini disaster.....babies decided they actually would rather be at home and just wouldn't settle till we got home. Which is fair enough I guess but I wanted to show them off to two people I promised to at my old work, but again both were not there!! Talk about bad timing.

Oh yeah come on May babies!! Some of you are going to be June babies :p

OMG I cannot believe it is June already!! A few more months away and some of us would of been posting for a year in this thread can you believe it?!

Wow Zephyr - the growling sounds awesome - u'l have to record it or video it, what a character!

Ashlynn's weight is up to 8lb today!! I'm done beating myself up about not breastfeeding. I'm pumping all her feeds now so it's the same milk anyway and we're both happier. Got her tongue tie appointment on the 13th though so will see what they say. There might still be hope to breastfeed after that. Hope everyone else is ok. Zephyr I hope they sort something out for aria. Sounds like a nightmare not knowing what's best!!

Well done anti!

Zephyr - urg sorry about the trip to town, we are just about to try a trip to shops! Aria's feeds must be a worry - have the drs suggested any alternatives?

Waves - hope your doing well!

Good luck to the ladies waiting!!!

Eva was weighed today & has lost 4oz which apparently normal for first wk. We were bit worried as she has very obvious jaundice, had soooo many runny poo nappies yesterday & wants to feed constantly. The health visitor said is all normal though. I've not had more than 3 hrs sleep yet & last night she fed on & off & refused to be put down til 4am. Am hoping she gets a better routine soon!

Xx

zephyr I am not sure what another name for Karo Syrup would be called, basically the only things its used for are constipation and baking. You can find it in the baking aisle of the store, its like a high-sugar corn syrup type thing and its really thick. I put a 1/2 tsp in a bottle at night and a bottle in the morning to get things moving if I feel like he's not pooping a lot.

Hey girls, hope you are all well.

Zephyr sorry to hear you are still battling with Aria's feeds, it must be a worry but I'm sure all will be fine soon.

Lola is doing well, we've been to the seaside today and had a fab afternoon. At the moment it is easy taking her everywhere because she's happy as long as she is fed and has a clean bum.

I'll try and set up a new group discussion thing this week that we can all chat on.

We have another appointment tomorrow afternoon! Well we made some progress Aria was weighed today and she has gained 400 grams in the past week phew!! So she is now above her birth weight. Both Max and Aria weigh the same two weeks in a row! so he gained 400 grams also....:D

We decided to try the goats milk formula we have here in NZ, I heard good things about it, we have limits on how many cans you can buy here htough. 2 for standard and 1 can limit for goat.
There were 3 cans at woolworths yesterday and we brought one (3 times the blimmen price as normal formula) and we tried it and she kept it down without any medication, had a few spills but no full on vomiting. We gave her the thick cow one over night and she was really uncomfortable and grizzly most of the night so this morning we went back to goat and she was fine!
BUT today when we went back to the supermarket to get another can, they were gone!! and every other supermarket in our town is out of stock and doesn't know when they will get anymore in.
So we rang Karicare and they said there is a huge shortage for the raw materials and don't know when they will have more and the best they could offer was have their nutritionist ring us back with another alternative.

I was going to go back and get all those cans yesterday cos I had a feeling it might work from everything I had read and I am kicking myself that I didn;t! I was worried about spending $45 per tin and have it not work, hell just buying one tin on the off chance it may not work I was worried.
Will be talking to gp tomorrow and see what he suggests, maybe there is something close to what we got that I can use instead.

Really glad she put on weight though, finally!! At least that thick formula did something good for her

yay Zephyr, thats brilliant news! Can you order any online perhaps?

Goats milk is much better for people than cows milk. We have a shop near us that sells formula goats milk. It would cost a fortune to send out to you tho. We have tonnes of the stuff here.

Here's a pic of the little lady today...3 weeks old today and we're off to town with my sister to find her some new clothes!

Attachments

• IMG-20120530-00644.jpg
    IMG-20120530-00644.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 8
That's great news Zephyr! Bummer about the cans being gone - was going to suggest online too?

I'm on day 3 of the in laws staying - they leave later today & am congratulating myself for not strangling the mil

X

Rjsmam hee hee about the in laws. Mine are lovely but visiting was enough for me when Lola was first born!

So this morning at 1.45 my yellow bump turned pink :) i was in active labour for just over an hour! My pains started to get regular at 5.30, and went into hospital about 9.30, was told i was 2cm, but they said i could stay. 2 hours later i had got to 4cm, and they said they'd check me again in 4 hours and i would hopefully be 6cm. Turns out, 10 mins later i was pushing! We ended up needing a vontouse, and i have a very slight internal tear, but they said it's small enough to heal itself.
So Evelyn Frankie Pybus was born at 1.45 this morning, weighing 6lb 8oz :) she is absolutely perfect :) i can't believe i got my baby girl!!! I'm completely over the moon :) xxx

Luci congrats!! So far all the yellow bumps have turned pink!! Super quik labor as well. Well done you!! I thought my 3 hour labor was a quick one! Hope you are feeling ok. Try get some rest when you can!!

Is anyone else's baby really noisy when they sleep??! Ashlynn can be really noisy. Sometimes she sleeps soundly but other times she grunts and groans and squeaks and moves around and I go running over and she's sound asleep. I'm getting exhausted from checking her everytime she makes a noise.

Congratulations Luci...another pink one!

Anti yes Lola can be pretty noisy and if you move her when she's sleeping she squeaks loudly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->