May 2013 Babies

I had a trip to the ER last night due to mild spotting. They were unable to see anything on ultrasound. HOWEVER, I went to the doc today and they did another ultrasound and saw the tiny yolk sac!!!! No baby yet as I am only 4 weeks 6 days (I thought 5 weeks but I thought wrong). The sac is measuring 5-6 weeks so that's good! Doc seems confident that its a healthy pregnancy...so that makes me feel soooo much better. He says the spotting is probably from the progesterone suppositories I am taking as it irritates the cervix. I am still having cramping which I suppose is normal but it still worries me but the spotting has stopped. Maybe the ultrasound is causing the cramping? I have another ultrasound on Tuesday! He wants to make sure all is progressing normally :). I'm soooo relieved!

Congrats to those that just got their BFP! Stay positive, after losses I know its hard but try :). I keep telling myself that everything looks normal so I should RELAX!!!!!!! :p

Bfp!! 6th pregnancy 4 losses a healthy boy due 28th April possibly may so scared !! But happy as have strong symptoms :$

Hello and welcome all the new May baby mumma's!!!!

I have updated the list of the front page. Hope that is ok??? If i have missed anyone please let me know and i will add you there...

Oh yes i know what your all feeling.. i am soooo scared that this pregnancy is going to end like the last one did MMC. I just wish i could control it make sure that everything is going to be ok!!! That is why i thought that i would start a group here so we can all worry together and support each other through this hard time....

Fingers and EVERYTHING crossed that we can get through this together.....

I was thinking i want to start a facebook page for Due in May 2013 group but wasnt sure if that would be a good idea. it would be a secret group that only those invited could see and get too.. Would anyone else be interested in that???

Sounds good to me as long as it's super secret. :)

Welcome new ladies. So sorry you've had to go through the heartbreak of loss but look at us all now :) rainbows on the way!!!

Glad your scan went well Courtney :) xxx

Welcome to the new ladies.

Facebook works for me - as long as no one else can see it.

I have the doctors this morning - hoping they actually provide some extra support this time...

Hope it goes well at the Dr sweetie.

I'm scared to see mine in case they tell me off and get all doom and gloom and make me feel negative and miserable.

I am sure your dr won't tell you off. I actually tend to find midwives stroppier! Might be worth a visit to see if you can get an early scan as you didn't have AF inbetween.

Courtney - good news from the scan. Hopefully you will see good progression on the next one.

I have a blood test on Monday anyway as I have them ever few months for my thyroid.

So I'll book an appointment for Thursday to discuss the results and will mention it then.

I might ask about a scan. Would rather wait until 6-7 weeks though so that there's more to see.

Great news from the scan Courtney.

:hugs: cupcake hope you manage to get an early scan.

I was :sick: this morning!! :happydance: I didn't even have a hint of sickness with my angel baby so I'm taking this as a positive sign!! X

Wooo, MMM.

I hope I get sick this time!

I didn't have any with superbaby, so I hope I do this time too, as apparently not having MS is a common side effect to Triploidy pregnancies which I'm pretty certain caused our loss.

Only problem is I have a 2 week holiday booked in 3.5 weeks time, so I hope I'm OK on the flights! And can eat some yummy food while I'm there!

What is triploidy? I've never heard of it before.

Oh are you off anywhere nice hun? We're going away for a few days in 3 weeks so I hope I'm ok for then, don't want to spoil it for the kiddies x

Seems like a lot of us have holidays coming up - I am off to Spain for a fortnight in 4 weeks. Can't wait! Where is everyone else going?

AFM: Doctors went better than I could have hoped for really. Had a good chat and he is referring me to a gynaecologist and the early pregnancy unit and offered me a two week sick note. Didn't accept the latter as my work distracts me but was nice to know that if things get hard I can always ask for help. He also offered to write a note to prevent me having to travel long haul in the first 12 weeks as I flew to the US three times before my first mc this year so that is helpful to know in case I am asked to go again. Currently no long haul travel till after my 12 week mark which is good.

In other news I have discovered that my cleaner has been nabbing the puppy points of my Andrex toilet roll packets - was hoping to get my daughter an Andrex puppy so am slightly annoyed!

No way?! That's appauling!! I would be fuming too :( :hugs:

We're just off to Primrose Valley for a few days, the kids love it there :) Where about's in Spain are you going? We went to Torremolinos/Benalmadena in April and the kids loved it :D

We're from County Durham too, where about's are you from Storm? X

We are off to my Mum's - she lives just near Murcia. Also having a mini break with DH in Barcelona mid holiday to chill and give my mum time with DD. Can't wait. Sounds like you will have a great time too.

I am actually a Cheshire girl masquerading as a Northerner! We live near Bishop Auckland. Where are you from?

Triploidy is when the baby has 69 chromosomes instead of 46 (a sperm has 23 and an egg has 23) so it's often caused by the egg not being quite right and allowing 2 sperm in.

Having a small gestational sac is one very common factor of it (which is what happened to our baby) and they recon it could cause up to 60% of miscarriages.

So that's why we call it superbaby as it was 50% more than a normal human, lol.

We're off to the canary islands. Booked it pretty much as son as the MC started, as I wanted something positive ahead of me.

A little worried that things might go wrong out there, but chances are this time it won't and I'll hope for a scan first.

As long as the sac measures a good size and not too small again then I should be able to enjoy my holiday in the sun.

Also not sure how to deal with cleaner. She does a great job but even so...

Sounds lovely!! It will be nice for you and OH to spend some time together too and I bet your mum and LO will love spending time together :)

:lol: we live in Bishop Auckland!! Such a small world! Would be great to meet up sometime! X

They never gave me any indication as to what happened to my baby. We just went for the 12 week scan to be told that the baby had no heartbeat :cry: in my heart of hearts I knew because I'd had no symptoms apart from tiredness and I couldn't find it on the doppler.

Oh sounds like your going to have a lovely time, enjoy it hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->