May 2013 Babies

Cgav that's really scary!! Def call to find out about that!

Sorry I haven't been on that often, kinda hectic with the three boys lol!! Dh is out of house from 4am until 7pm so it's pretty much me all the time and its exhausting!! Xavier doesn't sleep through the night like my other two boys did at this point all he wants to do is eat and eat and eat some more lol. He's a little chunker!!! I hope you're all doing well, I haven't gotten a chance to browse through all the posts but ill try to soon.

I do leave him to cry a bit to see what he does. If it goes to all out wailing, I go in and grab him. He tends to get worked up pretty fast though. ;)

Same here iluv! Leave him when he's a bit wound up and it's a full on melt down within minutes!
Plus I'm not really into the whole 'self soothe' thing. not for a newborn anyway. I prefer the 'fourth trimester' approach.
If it works for you though pad, then stick with it x

fourth trimester?? Yea I will eventually when he's older let him work it out but not now. Still only getting 2 hour intervals. Had an excellent sleep pattern this weekend though with my husband having him at night. He's been up for 3 hours now with me. UG! DH works nights so I'm on my own.

https://www.becomingmamas.com/life-in-the-fourth-trimester/

That explains the 'fourth trimester' theory well. It's a nice concept in my opinion.

Jack is soooo hungry! We've started giving him a bottle of formula before bed as by the evening he's latched on to me constantly and I didn't feel like my milk was enough to keep him going. Hallelujah! It worked. He's got a nice full tummy and I've got a few hours of uninterrupted sleep. Everyone's happy! Still breastfeeding the rest of the time.

Hey there! Sorry I've been MIA. We're doing pretty well with our little guy. He's gain a kilo since he was born & grown 3cm. Still exclusively breastfeeding but mixing it up between expressed bottle feeds for hubby to do & for going out & about, using a nipple protector for when he's too tired/ lazy to latch on properly, and him just latching on normally. We were having huge problems with him latching on in the beginning to the point of almost giving up but the nipple protectors have kept as going and we're now needing them less & less. We pick him up, cuddle him, wear him, but sometimes there's just no settling him - which is not very often & usually when he's overtired - and then he gets left to cry for 10 mins. More often than not he sorts himself out and is fast asleep in that time, if not, he gets picked up again, etc etc.

We've had a couple of nights now were he's only needed feeding once in the night so we're slowly getting there. But he must be having a growth spurt at the moment because he seems to constantly be hungry.

Big hugs! :hugs:

Makes sense Tour. :) Thanks for sharing!

Manu-Yay for sleep! I'm hoping we're getting there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->