May 2017 Testers - 59 Mother's Day Hopefuls & 14 BFPs so far

WTH!!! AF just hit me! Looks like I will be testing at the end of the month. Here's hoping this cycle won't be as wonky and I won't be 2 weeks late. Ugh. Just glad it's finally here and I can finally get geared up for cycle #8.

Happy you got a reset!:thumbup:

Cews - that's so frustrating. I hope you get your cycles sorted out soon!

Bellenuit - I can even copy and paste my notes with my last pregnancy - I was a total emotional wreck on day 21, then normal afterwards and got a BFP! Hopefully that's the same for you!

Queen - thanks for the kind words. This is such a strange situation!

AFM - I tested again this morning. It's still positive, and it's noticeably darker, BUT the bleeding is noticeably heavier. Passed a clot and everything. This level of flow is very similar to my period now. I think. Maybe I don't know anything anymore! I can't get excited about these BFPs because I think I'm losing it...

I had a chemical before and the tests went to negative before I started bleeding. My tests are still getting stronger though... Does it sometimes take a few days for HCG to leave your urine or something? has anyone had a chemical while still testing positive? SO WEIRD!

Yep, Sorry to hear about AF, but at least you got a solid answer and hopefully you can still get that BFP in Late May :) Good luck Cews.

Thanks Ranch. I hope so, but also don't want to get my hopes up. Just trying to be realistic after so many cycles TTC. Sorry that the flow seems to be getting heavier for you. I hope you're not having a chemical.

Still new to the TTC journey. Starting cycle 2 is amazing how quickly you go from sad and depressed to excited and hopeful for a new cycle.

AF will be wrapping up in the next couple days.

I ordered an OPK (Easy@Home) off Amazon that should be delivered on Friday. Never used before. Any advice? I mean it seems pretty straight forward lol

So sorry cews �� Hopefully things your cycle will sort out .

Ranch - If you can I would make an appt ASAP. You could get your levels monitored to see what's going on .

AFM- I should be 9/10 dpo and today is my testing day , I got a BFN on 3 test . I decided to use an IC , $ test , and frer with my FMU . All negative �� I have PMS symptoms too . Not sure this is my month .

Congrats to the new BFP's ❤️

Dream, easy at home tests are basic and work for most women. Basically, you don't have a positive until the test line is as dark or darker than the control line.

Ranch, If the tests are darker that is a good sign of not being a chemical. Heavier bleeding isn't a good sign though, but some women have had what they consider normal heavy periods while pregnant and it was fine. HCG can remain in your system for a few days after it is being supplied, but it should get progressively lighter not darker tests when a chemical is the case.
If the bleeding continues and you continue to get positives or if you have anything beyond light cramps you should probably go to the dr and make sure it's not some sort of ectopic. Ectopic doesn't mean just in the tubes. Implantation can happen anywhere external of the uterus and be ectoptic.

Army 10dpo is still very early. Anything before 14 dpo is early.

Congrats to the BFPs! Its a good start to this month.

I am presumably 1 DPO today. According to OTK and temping chart I ovulated early this cycle (10 cd instead of 13-14 cd). Not sure if that's good enough and everything is in order to get pregnant if O happens early. We will see. I will still try and wait till May 13th to test, I should be 11 DPO then.

Thanks Cppeace and Armywife. I don't think I'll go in just yet since they won't be able to do anything. I'll go see the NP next week and request and ultrasound for the end of week 6 or week 7 since thats when they'd be able to see anything and diagnose an ectopic. So the bleeding seemed heavy this morning but I think it's maybe remained the same and it just all "collected" overnight, and came out at once in the morning - you know? Because now it's back to the rate it was yesterday. It's like the end of a period, except for brown blood, its still bright red. So weird! No cramps though so maybe thats good... except I don't remember cramps with my last chemical.

Thanks Cppeace and Armywife. I don't think I'll go in just yet since they won't be able to do anything. I'll go see the NP next week and request and ultrasound for the end of week 6 or week 7 since thats when they'd be able to see anything and diagnose an ectopic. So the bleeding seemed heavy this morning but I think it's maybe remained the same and it just all "collected" overnight, and came out at once in the morning - you know? Because now it's back to the rate it was yesterday. It's like the end of a period, except for brown blood, its still bright red. So weird! No cramps though so maybe thats good... except I don't remember cramps with my last chemical.

I was silently stalking ;-) but think i need to drop my 2cents:
Bleeding during early pregnancy is most commonly caused by low progesterone. This is easily checked by bloodtest and easily solved by hormone supplements but can unfortunately cause miscarriage if left untreated for a week. I would strongly recommend to have it tested asap.
Congrats on the positive :hugs:

Bleeding during early pregnancy is most commonly caused by low progesterone. This is easily checked by bloodtest and easily solved by hormone supplements but can unfortunately cause miscarriage if left untreated for a week. I would strongly recommend to have it tested asap.
Congrats on the positive :hugs:[/QUOTE]

Oooooh. F. So I'm breastfeeding and not ready to stop... I know progesterone is lower with BFing, but it it's high enough to get pregnant, it's not supposed to affect pregnancy. Crapbag. I"ll see if I can see the NP today.

UPDATE:
I called the nurse practitioner. He said he could write me a req to get beta levels done, but was unconvinced about progesterone. He said he'd do some reading. I declined the beta levels and said maybe we could revisit them in a couple weeks if nothing changes, because by then I could also get an ultrasound.

Thanks guys, I do have a history of odd cycles. Its not that uncommon for me to be late by a week or so or to even skip my cycle all together. This was something that they checked me for and just told me that it was caused by me not ovulating regularly and that is what makes it so hard for me to get pregnant. I know that I need to have some help getting pregnant and the fact that I got pregnant naturally was a huge deal. Right now I am not having any bleeding but its not uncommon for me to spot light pink and then have a regular flow.

Congrats on all the May BFP's so far!

Ranch, I really hope that you know one way or the other very soon. Hopefully its just breakthrough bleeding and all is ok and that your little bean is stuck in their nice and tight!

Hi all, I am new to this website!

I am currently in my tww window. I am 5dpo, with AF due on May 13th. I will probably start testing on May10th.

Good luck to everyone, praying for lots of BFPs!!!!

Welcome td. Hope you enjoy the forum and good luck!

Congrats on the positive :hugs:

Oooooh. F. So I'm breastfeeding and not ready to stop... I know progesterone is lower with BFing, but it it's high enough to get pregnant, it's not supposed to affect pregnancy. Crapbag. I"ll see if I can see the NP today.

UPDATE:
I called the nurse practitioner. He said he could write me a req to get beta levels done, but was unconvinced about progesterone. He said he'd do some reading. I declined the beta levels and said maybe we could revisit them in a couple weeks if nothing changes, because by then I could also get an ultrasound.

Ok - for sure your NP knows more than I do :thumbup:
It might be that i have just been online for too long. :haha:
Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! Keep us posted!

No, Blobo, you are at least partially correct. A low count of progesterone can be the cause of spotting and can contribute to a miscarriage. Spotting or flow doesn't always mean that when pregnant but can for sure.

I love this forum!

So the nurse practitioner came by my house and dropped of a lab req for beta levels (i'm going to town tomorrow so can get it done at the hospital). There's no spot to check of progesterone on the sheet so I'll just talk to the lab tech and see if they won't tag that on. He also called the OBGYN and we're waiting to hear back what she thinks.

At this point I need 2 panty liners a day and it's bright red, which is starting to make me really doubt it will stick.

I've heard of worse cases that stuck Ranch. Fingers crossed for you.

Fx for you ranch!!

Afm: this afternoon I started feeling what I can only describe as having like bubbles going through the area of my uterus. Not gas but idk lol probably nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->