*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Ha! check out my tickers. All 3 of my children are 2 days old, plus their respective years and months or weeks!!! :haha:

I'm having a tough time with BF as well so just know you're not alone!! My nipples are still so sore coz of ash's tongue tie she can't latch properly. My right nipple is bleeding so I've stopped feeding her from that boob. Just pumping from that boob and feeding from the left. Will find out on Monday how we're doing with weight gain coz the midwife will be back. Hoping we're getting somewhere. Also hoping my nipple heals soon so that we can feed properly. Still waiting on the referral to come through for ash's tongue tie. As much as I'm scared it'll hurt my baby, the midwife says its for the best and she'll hardly feel a thing. I don't want to wish time away but I'm looking forward to when ash can sit on her own and that sort of stuff. She's so tiny and fragile at the moment!!

Those of you ladies who are having a hard time with BF or feeling guilty about it, there is a thread that can help you, I found it in the FF section and I am still trying to read through the 104 pages but it makes me feel so much better to know I'm not alone :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/f...astfeeding-guilt-grief-support-thread-80.html

hahaha, Nic, good timing!

monique: I loooove your new profile pic.
I like what you said about all of us having our own difficulties. I'm sorry so many of you are having a hard time BFing. Please don't feel guilty about it, it doesn't make less of a mother.

I went through the same thing when I found out I needed a c-section. The fact that i have no idea what labor feels like still bothers me and I can't bring myself to say that I gave birth. I don't feel like I gave birth =(
I know this is a very personal feeling a noone else is judging me on this but still...
BFing is going great for us but I am a bit jealous of you guys who had a vaginal delivery and are already up and about. Amy is 8 days old and I still can't walk much. If I try to go for a walk, I have to hold my abdomen the whole time and for a whole week I couldn't cough or laugh without my whole belly hurting.

I had a big scare today. I told you Amy was having a period, because she's still getting rid of my hormones. Today I found a lump on her left breast. I called the pediatrician right away and left them a voicemail. It took them 5 minutes to call me back. I think those were the hardest five minutes of my life. I was in tears and, oh the thoughts that crossed my mind =(
Anyway, they said it was totally normal, especially for breastfed babies. The hormones can give her breasts. That's basically what it is. They told me to keep an eye on it but it should go away on its own.
I'm still shaking but everything is ok =)

Nits, Saskia has lumpy boobs and she has some milk that can be squeezed out. It's called gyncamastia (not sure on spelling) but its hormones and BF. I can understand your worry xx

thanks, Nic! It scared me so much! The pediatrician wasn't concerned at all, so that calmed me down quite a bit :hugs:
BTW, our babies have the same night schedule. They are being really good to us, aren't they?
Amy falls asleep at about 11, wakes up at 3:30 to eat and then sleeps until 7:30. I feed her again and then we nap until noon :haha:
I can't complain =)

thanks Nic - I have to say I'm officially fed up! I haven't had many full on contractions this afternoon, but almost constant tightenings and such a lot of pressure, and the exhaustion is starting to get to me mentally too - tears are getting too frequent for my liking. One last bash at getting labour started tonight I think, then tomorrow's appointment should shed some light. I'm actually petrified now of going into labour as I'm so tired, I worry that LO just wont progress or will get stuck like Earl did. Hubby wonders whether it's my thyroid, as the consultant said that I would need extra 'if I carried on much longer'- that was nearly 3 weeks ago now! Not sure exactly what to say to the MW tomorrow, aside from 'please just give me something to get this baby out!'. Asked hubby if he would be alright with me opting for epi and/or section (I can only go to MLBU up to 10 days O/D and I'm 9 days O/D tomorrow!) and of course he said yes - see what I mean about the emotions...what a stupid question to ask! :dohh:

Im so tired today. Kacey was up and down during the night then DD decided to be wide awake at 4 am and only have like a hr of sleep since then. So much crying today already.

How many have given soothers/dummies? I have tried with Kacey but she just spits them out. I don't mind really but it gets a bit frustrating for her to want to just use me as one and spit out the milk all over me :dohh:

I started with the pacifiers they gave me at the hospital, they are smaller for their little mouths, that might be your issue if the paci is too big for her mouth?

Well I tried two different types I was given both labeled breastfeeding and 0-6 months. I'm not sure if theres anything smaller then what we have. I might look next time we go out though

Kiwi: have you tried the Avent "soothie" its the only one Gabe will take. I know a lot of moms who say the same thing.

thanks, Nic! It scared me so much! The pediatrician wasn't concerned at all, so that calmed me down quite a bit :hugs:
BTW, our babies have the same night schedule. They are being really good to us, aren't they?
Amy falls asleep at about 11, wakes up at 3:30 to eat and then sleeps until 7:30. I feed her again and then we nap until noon :haha:
I can't complain =)

Glad everything is fine! :hugs: Strange to hear about this girl stuff from the hormones. Emery just has an overly big weenie right now! :haha: DH asked about it last night because it is rather disproportionate atm. I reassured him it was fine. :haha:

So cool about your sleeping babies! Our night last night was much better though and I feel human this morning. :happydance: I think I woke up 3 times in a 11 hour period so not bad by our standards at all!

Well I tried two different types I was given both labeled breastfeeding and 0-6 months. I'm not sure if theres anything smaller then what we have. I might look next time we go out though

I'd just recommend trying several. Asher wouldn't take a binky at all for some reason and then started after his first tooth came in at around 5 months. He then started rejecting it again at 9 months and hasn't used one since. While Emery was at the children's ward they gave him one there which he used for maybe a few minutes. They don't give them in the regular wards though here. He only got it there because I couldn't be with him 24/7. It didn't come home with us. Good luck finding something that works! :hugs:

hahaha, Nic, good timing!

monique: I loooove your new profile pic.
I like what you said about all of us having our own difficulties. I'm sorry so many of you are having a hard time BFing. Please don't feel guilty about it, it doesn't make less of a mother.

I went through the same thing when I found out I needed a c-section. The fact that i have no idea what labor feels like still bothers me and I can't bring myself to say that I gave birth. I don't feel like I gave birth =(
I know this is a very personal feeling a noone else is judging me on this but still...
BFing is going great for us but I am a bit jealous of you guys who had a vaginal delivery and are already up and about. Amy is 8 days old and I still can't walk much. If I try to go for a walk, I have to hold my abdomen the whole time and for a whole week I couldn't cough or laugh without my whole belly hurting.

Thank you! I love the tandem pictures DH took. I really wanted to use one but was a little nervous. I just decided to go for it!

I'm glad you also related to the comment I made. I was actually so preoccupied about the recovery fears from a c-section that I didn't even stop to think about the feeling of having "given birth." I imagine I would have the same struggle in my mind since a surgical birth eliminates a lot of what we associate with childbirth. I'd love to hear what some of the other c-section mommies feel about this.

There is certainly no doubt in my mind that I birthed my babies into this world!!! It was the hardest thing I've ever experienced and the most painful, even with an epi. The experiences were both very different though. I was in a lot of pain and had a long recovery with my first and was up and about with my second. Thank goodness I had the experiences in that order!!! A painful drawn out recovery with a toddler about would be SO hard!

Hi ladies,

Off to the MW's now. Will update when I have some news. Everything seems to have stopped almost completely, so I'm not sure what will happen now. :shrug:

Hope we're all well and enjoy the sunshine-y weekend!

Ermmmmm :blush:

Just got back from MW's - had a sweep and full set of checks. Turns out I'm 4cm dilated! :shock: I am still dosed up thanks to my teeth but I'm getting stronger and stronger contractions following the sweep every 4-5minutes. Have called the hospital, so just waiting for everything to progress nicely lol.

Hoping to have a baby in the next 36 hours lol :haha:

Not got caught up but just seen your post Aimee :happydance:!!!! Good luck!

I was just coming to say that we FINALLY managed to get teddy on the boob today!! 3 times so far before his formula feeds and he's latched on perfectly :) I'd given up hope of him doing it again but he has and I'm so proud! Im not sure where we go from here but I'm happy anyway x

Yay congrats Aimee 4cm is a great start!! Won't be long now! Go for a walk or something! Lol!

I also tried the Soothies and LO loves them. I ordered some other ones off babies R us and we will see if they work out as well but I want to have several different kinds for the reasons already explained, like if he randomly starts rejecting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->