*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Wow Aimee! You def get the big baby award! Vaginally birthed? *needs a groveling emoticon*

Wow Aimee! You def get the big baby award! Vaginally birthed? *needs a groveling emoticon*

^^^ :rofl:

First day by myself today! Currently sat up in bed with Jesse on one side in our bed and teddy on the other in his basket, both sound asleep but I'm waiting for them to wake up haha! I'm scared!

Yaaaaay, Aimee!
congrats!!! I look forward to the birth story and some pics

Now it's modo's turn.

We went out to visit some friends last night. It felt great to get out of the house and wear some normal peron clothes!

Boothh it's my first day on my own as well!! Ashlynn has decided she doesn't want to latch anymore so I've been expressing her feeds. I think I have a blocked duct as well. My boob is all red and hot and sore!! And I can't get as much milk out of that one as the other one. Sigh* no one told me breastfeeding was going to be this hard!!! Midwife is coming round today to weight ash, hopefully she's put on weight. I don't want to wish time away, but I'm looking forward to when she's a bit older and more steady. I'm so scared of this newborn phase!! But then I guess we get the joys of teething and stuff to deal with as well. Haha.

Boothh it's my first day on my own as well!! Ashlynn has decided she doesn't want to latch anymore so I've been expressing her feeds. I think I have a blocked duct as well. My boob is all red and hot and sore!! And I can't get as much milk out of that one as the other one. Sigh* no one told me breastfeeding was going to be this hard!!! Midwife is coming round today to weight ash, hopefully she's put on weight. I don't want to wish time away, but I'm looking forward to when she's a bit older and more steady. I'm so scared of this newborn phase!! But then I guess we get the joys of teething and stuff to deal with as well. Haha.

Have your midwife have a look at your boob. Best way to help if it's just blocked is to nurse nurse nurse! Hopefully Ash will help you out and latch! :flower:

Each phase has its own challenges. She'll never be so small again. Hope she put on some weight for you to ease your mind.

Ugh, midwife rang to say she'll only be here tomorrow coz they short staffed today. Never mind. Gives me something to look forward to tomorrow. I've been pumping and giving ash EBM from a bottle and I'm enjoying it much more than BF. maybe this is how I'll get round it all.

Hey!
Sadly I'm taking Saskia to her first funeral today. It's my grandads and with BF I dont want to leave her with anyone The older 2 aren't coming. JAmes has gone with his dad now for the 2 week hols! :happydance: Peace :rofl: and Noah is with hubby's Grandma for the day! I'm flipping roasted, the only dress I have that I can feed in is long sleeved black maternity dress :( At least Church with be cool.

Im expressing most days now to freeze EBM. I'm at a wedding night do on 7th June so OH needs a supply of milk!! I dont mind him using forumla as well but trying to have as much EBM to use first
Hope everyone is doing well xx

Condolences about your grandad Nic. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Anti boo about the midwife but tomorrow then. Feeling any better?

Sorry about your grandpa, Nic =(

Anti, I realized something last night: in a few months, she won't let me hold her like a newborn anymore. She'll be too mobile and want to sit up or do other stuff. So, I'm enjoying being able to hold her little body against my chest to make her fall asleep.

Ok my birth story coming up. Going to edit the version in my journal to make it less horrible to read. Warning if you read my journal version the post birth is really gross and graphic.

Congrats modo!! Read your birth story from the journal. Can't wait for a picture!

Modo's VBAC Birth

It was a natural unmedicated birth with no g&a as we barely made it to the hospital on time. I had been having some pretty intense contractions Wednesday night. I took my birth ball into the shower and stayed in there for about 40 mins which helped. Although I have a really large shower it still got cramped so I left. At about 9.30pm I got my bloody show and called my doula. She advised me to get as much rest as possible. So I slept for 1 hour at a time interrupted by contractions that I needed to squat down and breath through them when that stopped working I would stand and sway my hips. By 2.30pm could not go back to sleep so at 3am I called my doula and she arrived 20 mins later. By the then the only relief I was getting was laying on all fours on my birth ball. By 5.45am I was barely getting that. Bobby came down at 6 am and tried to tear the tens machine off and climb my back :dohh: my doula got Ben up and he called my mom. At around 6.15am I started saying I wanted to go to hospital but my doula said it was too early. It was so intense at one point as soon as a contraction would stop and I would try and get off my birth ball (my knees were killing me at this point) I would go straight into the next one. I remember being teary and thinking about how unfair that was! When my contractions slowed down I honestly welcomed the break. I then demanded we go to hospital and my birth bag got packed. Credit to my doula for packing a great bag considering we had just moved and my stuff was everywhere! My parents also arrived. It gets very confusing from there.

I proclaimed that I wanted a c-section and an epidural and at one point I stormed off to the bathroom. Come back. Start getting very painful contractions tens machine barely touched the pain but Ben's massaging my back very helpful. I feel very sad for myself as my knees hurt from the floor but everytime I get off my birth ball I get another contraction instantly. Want to give up. Then get urge to poo. Run to toilet and feel great. No poo but sheer relief. I think it can't be the baby it's too early still. So back to birth ball and at this point I Realise that I am pushing. I Feel wet I ask if my waters broke doula say not sure but it I could have peed myself. I felt really upset that I peed myself in front of my husband :haha: I worry that I will poo my self next so run back to toilet and feel great relief. Doula comes in and say we are going to hospital now as I could be having the baby! Later she tells me I was mooing in the toilet don't remember this at all!

We leave at 8.15 arrive 8.30am. Ben had put a plastic bag and pillow on the back seat. I squatted with my arms leaning on Bobby's carseat pushing for England and I don't even notice speed bumps. Arrive at 8.30am and hobble into the maternity ward baby's head partly coming out. I am ushered into triage and it's obvious that I am ready to go. Doppler used was def too late for the monitoring. The ask me to sit in a recliner to push. After only being comfortable on all fours I just outright refuse to do this. So they ask me to straddle the recliner instead. I was extremely lucky to bump into a MW from the natural birthing centre who just happened to be there with her student! They direct me with the pushing and OMG it's such sheer relief. Of course with that comes the the Ring of Fire (I remember thinking the name was most def appropriate) which was terrible :haha: I gave pushing lightly as directed a go but I just can't and have to give up. I push like I have never pushed before and out comes head. I wait and urge to push comes back and push the rest of her out.

Nits, thanks for the reality check! Gonna try make the most of this stage before its gone. :) I really don't operate well when sleep deprived though so hoping this won't last too long!

Sorry about your grandad nic :hugs:

Modo congratulations, glad you got your vbac! xx

You're welcome, Anti. I'm glad what i said made sense, hehe.

Modo, CONGRATULATIONS! I almost cried reading your story. I def want a vbac next time.
Speaking of next time, I already want to give Amy a little sibling :dohh: I can't get broody this soon or my DH will kick me out of the house :haha:

Is there anyone else left to give birth? 0.o

We had a nice talk with DH a couple of nights ago and we went out last night. Things are getting better. It's just a big change for everyone.

Is there anyone else left to give birth? 0.o

Not sure. There were a lot of people who "joined" but never really said much or maybe just stalked... not sure. I *think* it might be all of us who have been regulars! Wow! Is the birthing part really done already?

I was wondering if there was anybody else left too!
I think might be all done now :haha:
I'm sooo tired this morning! DH did the night shift too so I don't know why! I should feel refreshed lol, Instead im wondering how I'm going to make it to 4.30 when DH gets home! And then we need to go food shopping :/ might just do it online!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->