*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Glad you're home now vesper! xxx

Well I'm in trouble today, went to the park and then round the supermarket, then came home and cleaned the house,

Stupid me :dohh: went to the loo and noticed the middle of my scar has popped open abit and all my scar was bleeding!!! Totally freaked out!! Got the midwife to come and look at it and got a severe telling off and DH is under strict instructions I'm not allowed to do anything other than walk from the bed to the couch or the loo for the next few days or I'm at a big risk of the whole thing popping open :dohh: I know I've been doing more than I should but I've felt completely fine, I don't know when this one thing after another side effects of having a new baby is going to stop lol!
I feel okay but my scar is stinging now I'm scared to move, I want to get up! It's so hard for me to stay in bed and leave the house and the boys to DH :/ but he's back at work on Monday so I need to make sure in recovering better by then!

Hope everyone is good!

Aimee your LO is certainly taking 'fashionably late' to heart :haha: xx

I have a tiny bit on the enge of my scar that seems a bit open I cant tell if its just swelled or open or irritated by the staples :wacko: It stings though and last time the same spot got infected. I just keep trying to keep it dry and clean.

PurpleKiwi: I just noticed that you are in Canada :dohh: Where are you? Im originally from Saskatoon area, Spent a few years in Toronto, and now living in Halifax!

Im in ontario. Niagara falls area. I really want to move though it sucks where I live theres next to no jobs even if you go to school. I can't wait till I'm done college then we can hopefully move.

Becki, take it easy!
I totally over did it today too. We had our first pediatrician appointment. I decided we needed to stop at the grocery store and for some coffee afterwards (I was feeling fine and dying to go out). I was a mess the whole time. The trip left me exhausted, and it's only 20 minutes away.
I had to get in bed the moment I got home and had to take some stronger pain medication. My body felt like I had been ran over by a car. Recovering from a c-section can be hard.
Anyway, stay put!!! Take it super easy, your hubby will manage =)

Monique, I'm glad he is doing better and you're home now =)

The pediatrician visit went well. She's put on 2 ounces since Sunday, which is great. She had lost almost 10% of her birth weight, so they were a bit concerned.
Her jaundice is getting better too. They told us to check if she's yellow around her thighs.
She's still having her period :haha: Dr look at it and wasn't concerned. She expects it to go away within the next few days.

Ok, off to feed my baby now =)

That would freak me out!!!!!!!! I knew about the discharge for little girls but I didn't know they bled too?!?!

Did anyone freak out when pus came out of their LO's belly button? We originally thought he was an outie when his cord stump fell off then after a bath a bunch of pus came out and now he's an innie! I had called the Dr and they said it was probably leftover from the cord but it freaked me out!

Yes, they bleed =S
The freakiest part is that it totally looks like period blood.

Her belly button hasn't fallen off yet, so I can't comment on that.

Wow I heard about the bleeding but didn't know it looked like period blood :shock:

I'd forgotten about the cord thing - it was the smell that got me with Earl's. Smelled like gone off meat for 8 days before it fell off :sick:

Well ladies, we made it. Hubby has just left for his last exam. I went to the loo last night and have found blood-tinged discharged every time since. We've decided to drop Earl off at MIL's today anyway so we can have a curry and a night in even if labour doesn't start today. Weird though, as I say my dates were put forward by 6 days in total, and I'm 6 days OD today! :shrug: I've also had those tightenings I was talking about on and off all night too (had to sleep upright for the first time last night lol). Hubby should be back at about midday - until then Earl and I are off to the park to feed the ducks, and then maybe snuggle up with a DVD.

Hope we're all good. It's so nice to hear about these babies doing so well.

Vesper - 9lb8 - well done you! Is that my target then? Earl was 9lb6 so we'll have to see, otherwise you may get the mars bar for the biggest baby lol. :haha:

Becki - hope the mastitis is better today, and that you're taking it easy xx

Yes, they bleed =S
The freakiest part is that it totally looks like period blood.

Whoa never heard of that! Glad I know now because that would have freaked me out if I ever have a girl...

Vesper - 9lb8 - well done you! Is that my target then? Earl was 9lb6 so we'll have to see, otherwise you may get the mars bar for the biggest baby lol. :haha:

:haha:

:haha: can I just say that managing 2 kids with 0% routine in place is just ridiculous? My toddler has a routine but my baby most def does not of course. All I can say is that we are thankful for the 3 weeks paid paternity leave we get here! I know it will get better each day but with milk flying all over the floor, leaky nipples, diaper rash, snotty nose all over my shirt, haha I just had to laugh because it was comical! :rofl: Yesterday we started a laundry pile on the floor in the middle of the living room... everything had been snotted on, spit up on, or peed on... I was nearly down to my underwear by the evening! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hhahahaha, vesper, glad you are laughing it off.
Aimee, Sounds like things are moving along :happydance:

Becki, how are you feeling today?
My breasts got really really big and hard yesterday. I had lumps on the side. I ended up pumping a little bit because I am terrified of mastitis. They felt a lot better after pumping but I decided I will use the pump only if I really need to, I don't want to cause overproduction, I heard it can upset the baby's stomach if I have too much milk.

Wouldn't help much to cry about it. Much more fun to laugh it off! Rock hard boobies huh? Sounds like your milk's in! Pump enough to relieve the discomfort and they will balance themselves out soon. :flower:

On a similar note, I had my first tandem nurse today. I kind of thought my toddler seemed to be weaning himself since he didn't seem to care at all about Emery nursing but today he threw a fit so I let him on. It was kind of intense but beautiful too. Especially when he reached out and took his brother's little hand! :cry: DH took a couple amazing pictures also. I'll treasure them always.

Ladies, what did your LO's umbilical cord look like just before it fell off?? Ashlynn's smells and it's only just held on at the moment and it's oozing a tiny bit. I'm sure its all normal but it really scares me. :( I wanna cry everytime I look at it or think about it.

Kacey was really dried up looking with a bit of goo in the belly button like spot and it was just barely on. I gave her a bath then it fell off right after.

Saskia had goo and blood on hers. To be honest it fell off 10 days ago and it's still bleeding a bit. MW just said keep bathing it in cool water. In the old Days when James was a baby you got a medicated talc which dried it up and kept it nicely healed. Shame they say not to use now x x

Thanks! I'm sure it's all normal but it just turns my stomach everytime I see it. Scared its hurting her and all that. This new mum stuff is scary!!

Grrrrrr! I'd been having contractions virtually every 9 minutes from 10am-3pm, then they stopped and haven't returned. On the up side, hubby and I dropped Earl off at MILs tonights and have had a curry, and we're now going to watch a movie, have a bath, and generally have a nice grown up evening. It's the first time Earl has slept away from home, so it's the first time in 2.5 years that we've had a night to ourselves. Not too sure what to do tbh! lol

Hoping that with the bit of a show I had earlier today, that things will have moved on a bit and if and when the contractions come back, we'll be able to keep them going. RLT and clary sage are the order of the evening (after a rather large box of maltesers of course! lol)

Hi Ladies, haven't been on in ages, but thought I'd pop back to tell you all that my beautiful girl Mali Emma was born 05/05 weighing 7lb 4.5oz, perfectly healthy, & I'm feeling fab & proud after a v-bac!

Congrats to all you other new mums!
:)

I had my baby boy. :cloud9: May 21st 2012, 8lb 4oz and 20 inches long. He's gorgeous and breast feeds like a champ. He was born at 41 weeks, positive induction.

:cloud9: :cloud9:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/nakeli/052212_29.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"