*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

I wish I could do online shopping. We decided against a double stroller and I still don't trust DD to not run away/get upset or somthing and figure out how to deal with it myself so I havn't gone any where really :(. And OH just doesn't go places if he doesn't feel like it which is really annoying since we need odds and ends like bread and milk right now.

I wish I could share my hubby around. Today he has cleaned the bathroom and cooked us all brunch (we were all too lazy to do breakfast lol) and tea. He did loads of washing yesterday which now all dry and put away (bar a few bits that he wasn't sure about lol). He also weeded the garden with Earl and came to the park with us all this morning. I really am blessed as he really comes into his own in these situations - granted he still struggles with washing up and things as his shoulder has suffered past few days (stresses of having a baby lol).

I really REALLY need to write my birth story! I just can't seem to get around to doing it as it's so blurry in places and I'm so engrossed in family life. It's only day 3 and already it's like Eddie has been here the entire time - already taking 2-3oz of milk every 3-4 hours, sleeping well, no jaundice yet and only one leaky nappy lol. Earl is getting on well with him, and is just about back to normal sleep and behaviour wise too....helps to have hubby at home as we are 'man-marking' them lol. Today for example hubby took Edward up to get him changed this morning while Earl and I did jigsaw puzzles, then the two of them watched Toy story 3 while I cleaned the kitchen and fed and made bottles for smalley. I'm sure we'll encounter problems soon - mw appointment at clinic on Thursday seems the most likely culprit lol.

Modo - congratulations and well done! I had a few flashbacks lol.

After pains - Anyone else? My hips are giving me all sorts of agro as I think they must have splayed massively the accommodate an 11lb baby, and they are now shifting back. I do remember the worst bit about my labour was the searing pain from my pelvis.

Aimee my DH is much the same most of the time, I'm missing him now he's back at work, since he was off for two weeks he did a lot of the cooking (granted oven food) washing up, bottle making and washing clothes, hanging them out to dry, folding etc, and looking after Jesse!

Our first proper solo day went well, i am feeling more organised now! Teddy went in his bouncer while I made his bottle, dressed and washed jess and gave him breakfast, then I fed teddy and got him ready while jess was eating. MW came, teddy was 7lbs 2.5 so 1.5oz to go til he's upto birth weight! :)
Teddy napped and me and jess watched tv and played dinosaurs, then I made us both lunch, cleaned the kitchen and did a load of washing and hung it outside!
Jesses nap and teddys feed
And then we had more tv time (bad mummy) and got ready for daddy to come home and then we went shopping, DH has helped all evening and the house is in a relatively tidy state!
Just making teddys bedtime bottle now and then I'm off to bed, DH is staying up to watch Ricky Gervais show so said teddy can stay up with him and have his milk :)

Roll on tomorrow!

CALLING ALL CLOTH DIAPER MOMS OUT THERE!!!! HELP!!!
My little one has been in newborn disposables because I tried out her cloth diapers (newborn size) and they kept leaking out the leg... I know it sounds kinda stupid but I feel like I dont know HOW to put on a cloth diaper... Or maybe I just don't have the right size or style for her... I have tried out Happy Heineys and Fuzzi Bunz and so far both have leaked... Her legs are VERY tiny. I tried using some again today (she's starting to bulk up a bit in the legs) but 2 of them leaked at the legs. How often do you change your little ones cloth diaper and any suggestions on what I can do to stop the leaks? I know it's not from them repelling. Any of you know a good YouTube video on HOW to properly put on a cloth diaper? I really hate using disposables but I can't keep letting her leak like this...

we use cloth.. but we went with fitteds and covers. we change every 2 hrs unless she poops. i have heard of people like rolling the backs of diapers but thats usually flips.

I was reading something that said if they are female to roll the back and male to roll the front but I have absolutely no idea what that means LOL

lol i think thats for like prefolds i have no idea as i tried those the other day and couldnt get them on i suck a folding..

this is kacey in a flip over a fitted.. the back is like folded/rolled so to make the rise shorter and have tighter legs. that might help get a better fit if you can figure it out I suck at explaining

Attachments

• 560332_10151962670875107_824660106_24435595_65603473_n.jpg
    560332_10151962670875107_824660106_24435595_65603473_n.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 6
Isn't it harder to get them into onesies and stuff with the diaper like that?

Cloth babies do tend to have big bums Kendra! :haha: Onesie extenders are a must or at least they were for us with my first son. Example here. Not sure why they would sell them in a pack of 10 though. We only have 4 and they don't need to be washed everytime. Just snapped off and transfered to the next suit!

We are in cloth in the days now and it has gone well. For a newborn we went with fitted and covers as they are most reliable for those first few weeks. Diana, are your cloth diapers AIOs or pockets? If they are then you can (unfortunately) expect leaks out the legs until 6-8 weeks old depending on the baby. They need to have chunky little thighs this early on you'll want to consider a cover or another system with good gussets (you can see the extra shield from the side in this link) to catch poo and block up the legs. Lanolized wool covers over an inner like a prefold or any other inner diaper (little lambs, kissaluvs, etc) is also ideal. I can try to take picture to help out if I remember. I didn't know this stuff with my first son and we did end up in disposables until our pockets would work. This time I knew and bought a lot of used size 1 inners with covers. You'll also want to make sure your cloth has been washed 3-4 times to reach full absorbency (already done with used - nice perk if you ask me!). That helps a lot! We change every 3-4 hrs :blush: because I haven't got a good routine yet. I'd say about every 3 hrs is fine. We go much longer at night right now, thus why he is still in disposables.

No experience in cloth diapers, sorry :(

Went to the OB today, my csection scar looks great, you can hardly tell it's there :happydance: and it's healing really well. I loooove my OB, she's amazing.
I decided to go with a non hormonal, copper IUD for birth control and she was all for it. I'll have it done during my six week follow up. It makes me so happy, I miss my alone time with hubby.
I am glad that my sex drive hasn't vanished :)

Glad to hear we are all settling into a routine. I am feeling better every day. Hubby and I are slowly going back to normal as well and I don't feel like crying every night anymore.

Bit of a pointless comment, I just wanted to update everyone.

OT: becki, DH looooves Ricky gervais! A while ago, we also discovered the Mitchell and Webb show.mits one of the funniest shows I've ever watched. Gotta love British humor :)

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...29-edward-stewart-27-5-12-a.html#post18433243

Birth story as promised.

Glad to hear we are all settling into a routine. I am feeling better every day. Hubby and I are slowly going back to normal as well and I don't feel like crying every night anymore.

Sounds like the baby blues are passing for you! Glad to hear you're also settling in. I seem to have been spared too many hormonal flip-outs this time around but I suppose there's still time! :haha:

Here are a few pictures from our last diaper change for Emery. Sorry they are so yellow. I took them without flash in our bathroom. Not really sunny here today. The first is the inner (kissaluv size 0 - thus the middle snap down possibility if belly button needs air). You can see it's wide but it doesn't bother baby anyway since newborns hold their legs open. This helps catch everything also. The second one has the cover underneath. You can see a bit where the gussets will block up the sides. I think this is the key for cloth success at the very beginning! The third has the view of the gussets from the side. That's an Imse vimse organic cover. Not a fan of their inners but the covers have been nice and they have cute patterns. The last is all sealed up. Not your cutest cloth combo but efficient which is most important for me right now. I dislike changing the cloths all the time when there are leaks. The cuteness works in a few weeks though! Squeeeeee! :happydance: The last one is with clothes on. Not too bulky in the end. I'm so used to cloth bums now that my kids look really weird to me in disposables! :haha:

It occurred to me to mention that if anyone follows the link to the body extenders and is interested in them, it's worth checking to see that the snap sizes match the majority of your clothes. At least here in Finland, Lindex and H&M (a couple of the most popular for baby clothes and cheapest) use different sizes.

Gee. It really looks like I have way too much time on my hands. :blush: DH is out with Asher playing and Emery is snuggled up sleeping on me. Sweet peace and quiet! :thumbup:

Attachments

• P1070074.jpg
    P1070074.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1
  • P1070075.jpg
    P1070075.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1
  • P1070076.jpg
    P1070076.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 1
  • P1070077.jpg
    P1070077.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 1
  • P1070080.jpg
    P1070080.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 1
Monique, you are a wealth of information! Thank you! I'm still using disposables on Gabe, he's not big enough yet for cloth...

Last appointment went much better. He's now up to 6 lbs 15 oz! I had a lactation consultant visit me to address my feeding and supply issues, and I'm starting to feel like we will get the hang if this breastfeeding thing! Hopefully I can stop crying over this! We have decreased the formula to only 2-3 bottles a day, and no more than 2 oz at a time, the rest is all boob and Gabe seems to be adjusting well. He goes through a few hours where it seems like I'm feeding him constantly, but he isn't refusing the breast like he was. I've also stopped seeing the alarm to wake up every 3 hours to feed him. For the past 2 nights he had slept through the night for 5-6 his straight! Is this normal? Or should I be worried about this?

Nits - you should look for 'peep show' its got mitchell and webb in it, it's one of our favourites haha x

Bumpin - teddy has slept for upto 8 hours some nights! At the moment he sleeps about 6 hours, last night for example was 12am til 6.30am, the night before was 11.30 til 5am x

Monique, you are a wealth of information! Thank you! I'm still using disposables on Gabe, he's not big enough yet for cloth...

I've also stopped seeing the alarm to wake up every 3 hours to feed him. For the past 2 nights he had slept through the night for 5-6 his straight! Is this normal? Or should I be worried about this?

Thanks. :flower: So long as he's gaining weight then it's probably fine, especially if he is having longer awake periods in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->