*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

A friend of mine posted this Oprah clip on Dunstan baby talk. I found it fascinating. It claims to be able to generally identify 5 distinct sounds/"words" in a baby's cry (aged 0-3 mo). I'm going to try to listen and see if it's true! Anyone else interested?

I wouldn't say kaceys diapers are to bulk lol I just may be used to it now though but we can so far get all her stuff done up but shes pretty short so that helps with clothes fitting. We have way trimmer covers then whats in that picture lol that was me messing around trying to get a good fit.

Meghan, I'm happy BFing is working for you =D
Amy slept 7 hours straight the other night, it's normal ;) Don't worry about it.

Becki, we started watching the Peep Show but I'm not a huge fan, It has it's really funny moments but there's too much self-deprecating humor for my liking. My husband likes it a lot.

Monique, yes, it seems like my hormones are finally settling down =D
Dh has the day off today and we are having a really good time, just being home. Those first few days are way harder than I had imagined =S

Hi ladies just thought I would let you know that Oliver Lawerance Jackson was born at 7:12 am yesterday morning weighing 8lb 60z. 4 1/2 hour labour. Was in the birthing pool for most of it but got out at 8 cm, had gas and air +pethidene. No tear's either which is good. Sorry I didn't update earlier I did try and get on at the hospital but it wouldn't load properly.

Here he is

Attachments

• 380192_308369635916479_420396063_n.jpg
    380192_308369635916479_420396063_n.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 36552_308337282586381_100002303358784_692295_649012555_n.jpg
    36552_308337282586381_100002303358784_692295_649012555_n.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 5
Congrats, Aidan and Oliver's mom!!!!
He's a cutie.
How nice you got to use the pool :)

I was reading something that said if they are female to roll the back and male to roll the front but I have absolutely no idea what that means LOL

This applies to using cloth whenever you are arranging the absorbant part of the diaper in any cloth combo. Boys pee toward the front so it's best that there is more absorbency there. Girls tend to pee down and will benefit from an extra layer in the middle area. :flower:

I can't believe my sweet little newborn is going to be 3 weeks old tomorrow! Hopefully he should be back upto birth weight when he is weighed! He has gotten longer though, even though tiny baby is still baggy on him it's starting to look abit short! I feel sad because with the weather being so warm he's either been in a vest or one of the two romper suits we had in this size, so he's hardly worn the cute little baby grows and outfits, some still have tags on and I don't think he's worn any of them more than twice :(

Hi ladies!

Congratulations Aidan and Oliver's Mum! Jealous of the pool lol. Didn't have time this time but I know how much of a relief it is. Love the name - Oliver was one of our list. He's a cutie definitely.

We're just back from our second MW appointment. Had to go up to clinic as the home visits just annoy me lol. Eddy has put on 20g/1oz so he's now 10lb15oz! I didn't think it was possible for that :wacko: His cord fell off in the night too.....I went to undress him and it fell out onto my foot :sick: so he looks really grown up now (obviously for a baby his age lol).

Boothh - I know what you mean about clothes. Eddy is straight into 0-3s and even these are a little snug on him - some of them I remember putting onto Earl when he was about 2 weeks and they swamped him, and they fit Eddy perfectly lol :dohh:

We have to go out and buy new bottles at the weekend as the posh MAM anti-colic self sterilising ones keep leaking when you go to re-heat them. Had two of them do it overnight and tbh it's not worth the hassle. I got 2 little boots own bottles to use in emergencies and they work so much better. Will need to buy a steriliser/bucket though :dohh: His bottles are going to have to go up to 4oz soon, he's drained 3 3oz bottles over the last 2 day period (and I was shocked he'd gained :dohh:).

I'm just curious- why do you have to sterilize the bottles? My book from the hospital said that it wasn't necessary, just to wash in warm soapy water, and that we can also use water from the tap and don't need to boil it or use purified water. It saved me a lot of time not having to worry about that stuff.

Is this the time where my son would be going through a growth spurt? He's taken in about 3 times as much formula as he usually does between his night feed and this morning, he has barely spit up any of it either and he's been wide awake after all that formula! Mommy is soooo tired I don't get it. He's had a bit of gas too probably from all the extra formula intake.

Ugh I got to get his circumcision scheduled in the next couple weeks but I don't want to have to pay for it, so expensive!

The MW I saw today did tell me that the Food Standards Agency has changed it's policy regarding the actual sterilisation of bottles, but the gov't has seen fit not to pass it on as they fear it may confuse us simple people.... basically you can forego the sterilisation of the bottle as long as it's well washed in hot soapy water, and then sluice out the bottles with boiling water prior to use. You have to use 70 degree water anyway, so this is no hardship really, and the main problem is the formula itself containing nasties. It used to be that all bottles used to have to be sterilised - and I only heard this today. I'm more likely to trust a midwife than a Health Visitor in this circumstance.

Have priced up some really bog-standard wide neck bottles in boots - £6.50 for 4 and the teats are £3 for 2. :thumbup:

I was always told that growth spurts happen usually at 1 week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks, 8 weeks, 16 weeks (see the pattern lol). But that's not a set in stone pattern. Earl was in some kind of perpetual growth spurt until he was about 1 lol :haha:

Kacey has decided she dislikes night time.. Well not really but she cluster feeds from about 10 till almost 3 sleeping for maybe 15-20 mins then feeding off and on and just in general being fussy. Makes me so tired though.

Purple, that sucks :s
Do you get to sleep in in the morning?

Kacey has decided she dislikes night time.. Well not really but she cluster feeds from about 10 till almost 3 sleeping for maybe 15-20 mins then feeding off and on and just in general being fussy. Makes me so tired though.

I feel your pain... or should I say exhaustion? :winkwink: Emery has been having the same kind of gas issues as Asher. He wakes often and tries to fart and only falls asleep again once successful. He nurses a lot but only manages to poop maybe 3-4 times a day... with how much he nurses he would be much more comfortable if he could manage more often I think. It seems to take a lot of effort for him! I recall with Ash being so surprised at how much time goes into helping a newborn get the hang of his/her digestion track! :haha: No one ever mentioned it to me before...

Aimee - I don't think 0-3 will go near ted for a while yet he's titchy! But he's definitely nearly into newborn now!*
I loved MAM bottles used them with Jesse and never had a problem, I'd find their customer service number, maybe you have a faulty set x*
And jess was drinking 7oz at 2 weeks old he was a proper piggy baby, you should go off his weight not his age as he's bigger than average he's obviously going to need more milk than say teddy is because there's nearly a 4lb weight difference even though there's over 2 weeks between them x

Kendra and Aimee - i must admit I havnt sterilised any of teddys bottles, I got our steriliser out when we we're starting to use bottles and the bottom was rusty so I couldn't use it! We've just been washing them very thoroughly, leaving them to soak in boiling water and then before we use each bottle I pour boiling water over the teat! Ted hasn't been ill or anything so I don't think it's that bad, I don't know whether to bother buying one now because surely the older they get the less important it is. I stopped doing jesses about 6months but my SIL still does my nieces and she's 15 months :shrug:

Why look at all the baby chat in here now!! I can't wait to join you!!

Hopefully really soon!!

So, my major epiphany for the day? I can do ANYTHING with one kid! Anything and without much trouble (No worries first time moms, it comes with practice!). Two? Another story entirely! I feel so completely ******** (sorry if that expression offends anyone) when it comes to managing two. I can't seem to think of simple logical solutions for anything until someone else tells me... then it's like, oh yeah! WHY couldn't I figure that out??? :haha::blush:

(edit) Huh? I was censored! Well I feel silly and extremely dimwitted...

Hopefully really soon!!

So, my major epiphany for the day? I can do ANYTHING with one kid! Anything and without much trouble (No worries first time moms, it comes with practice!). Two? Another story entirely! I feel so completely ******** (sorry if that expression offends anyone) when it comes to managing two. I can't seem to think of simple logical solutions for anything until someone else tells me... then it's like, oh yeah! WHY couldn't I figure that out??? :haha::blush:

:hugs: I can only guess the word but if it begins with R, then in the uk it's a really derogatory word but I know it's not in other countries Hun zx
Also I'm finding juggling 2 small ones a challenge. James being older is much easier but trying to do basic household tasks with a toddler and a newborn is stressful!!!! Xxx

Hopefully really soon!!

:hugs: I can only guess the word but if it begins with R, then in the uk it's a really derogatory word but I know it's not in other countries Hun zx
Also I'm finding juggling 2 small ones a challenge. James being older is much easier but trying to do basic household tasks with a toddler and a newborn is stressful!!!! Xxx

Didn't know, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->