*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

you shouldn't feel bad! they would rather you have a gift you will use I'm sure!

I will call the dr tomorrow, she's gone without pooping since Thursday now. Again, she has plenty of wet diapers and is passing gas. But I'll call first thing tomorrow.

That's awesome about the baby shower!

Monique: glad your feeling better! Those baby blues are no fun! How is Asher taking to Emery? I love their names, are they Finnish names? Our do they come from somewhere else?

I'm not sure what to do with the bouncer though. I bought one before Gabe was born, but I feel bad returning it...

Thank you! :flower: So far I haven't had the return of those feelings. Hope it stays that way but I'm sure I'll have my moments when I have to take care of the boys alone. DH goes back to work on Friday. Asher seems to pay more and more attention to his brother and seems to have started to remember to be more gentle and calm around him. :happydance: Not always of course but better! He comes and points out all this face parts like nose and eyes, etc. Very cute but he demands a lot of my attention which is hard if I'm trying to cam down Emery with gas or something.

The names aren't Finnish. Asher is hebrew I guess although we aren't Jewish and Emery I can't recall. I believe they are both just uncommon English language names though. :shrug: Anyway, we like them.

As for the bouncer, I'd just suck it up and return it since you have one or see about returning the one you have. No point in having two and as Kendra said, I'm sure they want you to have something you can use!

Bumpin - we ended up with 3 bouncy chairs when jess was little, we kept one at each grandparents for when we visited x

Nits - glad she finally poo'd!

That's a good point Boothh to take one to wherever the baby will be staying when they're not with you. I know my mom has had to get a ton of stuff since Jackson is her first grandchild but I was able to score a bouncer seat for really cheap at a yard sale.

That's a gray idea ladies...I just wish I had another place where baby would be staying! It's just oh and I. Both sets of grandparents are thousands of kms away...and anyone who will be watching lo will likely be watching him at our place. I'm just going to return it... I think it came from Walmart, and take anything back workout a receipt...lol

Bumpin, you probably answered this already but where in canada do you live?

I think Amy is taking her first bath today =D

Bumpin, you probably answered this already but where in canada do you live?

I think Amy is taking her first bath today =D

Are you told not to bath them till a certain time there ? Xx

She's probably been doing sponge baths cause it took so long for Amy's cord stump to come off. I gave Jackson his last bath for a little while as he's getting circumcised today... I hope it's not going to be too traumatic for either of us!

Hope that everything goes okay with that kendra, And that he heals fast.
I can't imagine doing that to my boys but it's not the norm here x

Yeah, that's what the Dr was saying earlier about it, its just a cultural thing. And since I don't have a wee-wee I really don't care either way, so I kind of let my husband lead that one, since he would understand better than I would.

Overall it went well. They inject a block into the wee-wee so that there is no pain, he did start to freak out a bit because they have to strap their legs down and the pressure from the procedure and the Dr yanking on it and everything. Thing is is that they cut the foreskin off and my husband was sitting there wincing every snip because the scissors were like the loudest scissors ever! He wasn't even watching but every time the Dr made a snip you could see he was like OMG... lol it was funny. Now I have a very crabby baby that took some pain meds and is sleeping now finally. I have to check his diaper once an hour to check for too much blood from the incision so I can't even really nap either :(

I was told not to give her a tub bath until her cord fell off, so I was just using wipes until now.
She didn't get a bath today anyway :haha: lazy mom.

Kendra, glad everything went ok! It's def a cultural thing. In argentina, boys don't get circumcised unless it's for religious reasons. But my Dh has said that if we have a boy, he wants to have him circumcised.
Also, in my country, it's customary for girls to get their ears pierced at birth. My grandmother bought a really cut pair of tiny earrings for Amy but now I am having second thoughts. She's so tiny and perfects, why would I want to pierce her ears? =S
My grandma asked me if it was ok to buy her earrings (she's done so for all her greatgranddaughters) and I agreed to it, she's not trying to impose it on me or anything...
Oh well, not a really serious problem, though.

I personally don't agree with circumcision or ear piercing in babies, I just think they are both unnecessary, and it takes the choice away from the child, same reason I don't agree with giving them a religion until they are old enough to decide for themselves,
I can't imagine putting my baby through any kind of pain unless it was medically called for (I was hysterical that they hurt teddy when taking blood for tests in hospital) so I can't understand why people would for something cosmetic!
Each to their own though, I'm sure there are things I do with my kids that others don't agree with! You can't please everybody eh! :flower:

so kacey got weighed and measured today. shes 8 lbs and 20.5 inches i cant beleive shes grew 2.5 inches already.. seems like i forgot how quickly they grow

Ana, I'm in nova Scotia.

I'm neither for or against circumcision. We decided to do it, based on our Dr's recommendation. He already has a short foreskin, and she felt that it might cause problems later in life. It might not be an issue, but I would rather have it done now, and not when he is 13. So he goes in on Monday for out. I'm not looking forward to it. I hate the idea if him being in pain...

It's crazy how fast they grow! Gabe finally broke the 7 lb mark! But he ha grown like 4 cm since he was born... My skinny little monkey is in the 90 th percentile for his height, but only in the 5th for his weight.he has several very alert earful periods now, and he discovered himself in a mirror on his bouncer chair. The faces he was making a he stared very seriously at himself was so cute!

I didn't mean to start a debate about circumcision, so I apologize for that! I don't really have an opinion either way, which is why I went ahead and did it because hubby did have a preference. But I also agree, to each their own!

Oh, I don't think you started a debate :)

Meghan, he grew 4 cm???woooow =D
Amy wasn't up to her birth weight yet at her two week appointment. We'll see where she's at tomorrow.

Purple, 2.4 inches too! I had to google it :haha: that's six cm!! Seems like yesterday we were willing them to be born.

Typing one handed sorry for any mistakes :lol: Lily is coming up to her 2 week growth spurt. Dont know how i could have coped so far without nipple shields. Both nips are cut. she has been on my boob all day :dohh: Want to shower but can't. Feel stinky :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->