*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

yaaaaay for Gabe! I didn't know about the correlation between the head's circumference and the weight.

I think Amy may have understood the LC yesterday because she's been asking to be fed every two hours... I am TIRED and drained. U_U
All i've done today was sit in my chair, put something on TV and feed her. I managed to get a few naps in, but not very long ones.
I'm feeling lazy, old and fat =(
I need a good night's sleep... so I guess I'll feel better in a couple of years or so :haha:

I feel terrible today overall. Kacey has been really gassy lately so pretty fussy. I'm pretty sure its because my let down is way to fast and I have tried what feels like everything to kind of fix it but nothings working. Then I failed my assignment for one of my classes and I don't even understand why its only worth 5% but I feel horrible about it. OH has barely been helping so we have been fighting. I just want to go back to bed I'm so tired of everything today.

I don't know any facts on it, but Gabe's weight for his age is about the 5th percentile, as is his head circumference. So I'm guessing it means its appropriate for his size... My little guy is just a tiny one!

Good job Amy! Hopefully your supply increases quickly, and she is able to get bigger meals less often, so mommy can have some sleep!

Kiwi: hugs...Men can be so frustrating! I hope he starts helping you out a but more

So for weeks I've been trying to pump using a hospital grade double electric with poor results. For shits and giggles, I decided to try out a manual hand pump...and shockingly, I've been able to pump about 2 ounces in the time it would have taken to pump 10 mls with the electric...go figure!

Bumpin I loved the hospital pump! My manual just takes abit longer but I can still get quite abit out x

I tend to get 3oz at a time from my manual pump. I express on the morning from the opposite boob I feed from as that's the only time I seem to have loads of milk. I'm only pumping to freeze so I can go out soon with my girlfriends and Oh has a supply xx

3 oz from one boob ???? O_O_O_OO__OOO_O_O_O
I can barely manage 1 oz with both.

About expressing... I tend to get 8oz from both, but I'm exclusively expressing coz of ash's tt. I've got a freezer full of milk already!!

Kiwi, I hope your husband starts helping you more!

I am surprised at how much you can pump, anti and nic! The LC toldme I don't really need to express, so I won't do that until I need to start freezing to prepare to go back to work.

Meghan, I have a electric pump but the few times I tried it I felt like I wAs using it wrong. It took me ages to find the right position so that it would start expressing.

Completely OT: I would love to visit England. It has always been one of my dreams.

So, my MIL was taking pictures of otherwise adorable Amy, and this is one of them.
I love my daughter, but this picture is just too funny/creepy.

Attachments

• creepy Amy.jpg
    creepy Amy.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 7
There are many times I wonder if I stopped trying to feed Gabe, and just tried pumping every 3 hours if I would get good results, but I also know that he can do a better job removing milk, so I don't. I'm scared I'm not going to get anything and ruin the small supply that I have.

Sadly, this is huge stress for me right now. I'm far less stressed this last week, but I want to exclusively bf this child so bad that I can't let myself give up and make the switch to ff... I wish I wasn't so stubborn because I think both of us would be happier ffing, after I got over the disappointment (and the grief) right now I'm consoling myself that I get to bf at least part time...

Find the loss of breastfeeding support thread in the formula feeding section and I think you'll find some relief in that.

It's been 5 weeks and I still feel like I'm going to cry when I have to wake up in the middle of the night!
I hope teddy starts to sleep through soon LOL!

I feel like I got hit by a car when I have to wake up at night.

So, awesome news! I had my follow up with the lactation consultant today and Amy has Gained more than one ounce a day this last week! She's finally catching up and my milk supply is going up :)
She s been asking me to feed every three hours.

Awesome Nits!

Boothh I feel the exact same way... I'm waiting for like everyone says, that I am going to "Get used to it"...

I feel like I got hit by a car when I have to wake up at night.

So, awesome news! I had my follow up with the lactation consultant today and Amy has Gained more than one ounce a day this last week! She's finally catching up and my milk supply is going up :)
She s been asking me to feed every three hours.

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Awesome Nits!

Boothh I feel the exact same way... I'm waiting for like everyone says, that I am going to "Get used to it"...

Honestly, I think some people never really do. Hope you're not one of those! :hugs:

It's gone pretty quiet here! Well, DH was back to work last week so I was very busy getting settled in with the boys. I read the posts here but didn't manage to say much. Emery had a nurse appt. and weighed in at 5865g! That's nearly 13lbs! We had his party over the weekend so I was cooking a lot and trying to get things ready on Friday. That also happened to be a very rough day because the night went badly. Thankfully most nights have been pretty ok for us. :happydance:

We made it out to the park today and had a picnic. It wasn't very stress-free but I had some other mommy friends there to help get my toddler when he ran off too far. The baby is also doing better with sleeping out of my lap sometimes now so I was able to spend some quality play time with Asher and he needed that. We even made some fresh playdough together! I hope the rest of the week stays this pleasant. :flower:

Kacey is still like backwards for sleep. Shes more awake during the night and basically sleeping during the day. I have tried keeping her up a bit more during the day but she can fall asleep during anything. I can't believe shes a month old and still not fitting into 0-3.. shes still fitting into newborn perfectly as shes so short and even with her fluffy butt from the cloth diapers lol..

Hey!! I read a lot on my phone but never seem to get chance to post.
Saskia is on a definate 3 hourly feed schedule up until 7pm Then she clusters on and off until we take her to bed at 10. Then I feed and wind until around 11.30 when she sleeps abou 4 hours then quick 20 min feed then 4 hours again so apart from the challenge of getting her down were very lucky.
Noah is getting better too, he doesn't bother her as much and cos I get time where she sits on the chair or sleeps then noah and I can play!!!
Love to all x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->