*****May Bluebells 2012 ***** So far 23 Pink 17 Blue and 12 Yellow!!!

Boothh, just curious since I see it a lot and you have it in your siggy, what does it mean to have a rainbow baby?

Im tooooo busy! I also broke my phone. I feel like I'm neglecting this thread so I'm sorry ladies :hugs:
Things are getting less hectic, feeds now taking 10-20 mins instead of hours! Im trying to get Saskia to settle in the moses basket without being rocked to sleep cos bedtimes are currently taking 2 hours as she wont settle but then last night she did sleep 12-6 so can't really moan . I am popping her down awake ane going to her every time she makes a noise and touching her, talking etc but I dont want to let her cry or anything.
Hope you're all ok! I'm going to get her weighed tomorrow I think x

Becki, teddy is a little cutie. Isn't he? His measurements are very similar to Amy's.

I'm just popping in to say hi. Not much going on here. Life feels good :) I am so in love with Amy and my relationship with DH is back to normal and even better.
I have my six week follow up appointment on tuesday. I am getting my IUD :happydance: we CANT wait. Ifkwim =P

I am very in love with my little family :)

Ana: yay for birth control :winkwink:

I've finally decided to end my fight too breast feed. :cry:: cry:: cry:It's been 7 weeks with no success. It took my heart a lot of convincing, but it's the right decision for us. It's ridiculous, but I feel so betrayed by my own body... I just can't wait for my nipples to stop hurting. They are so raw from his crap latch and pumping, they are on fire! I hope it doesn't last long. On a brighter note, I'm having my first alcoholic beverage tonight! I've wanted a beer for over 2 months! And I'm not even a beer drinker!:haha:

Meghan: ENJOY YOUR BEER!
I am sorry you are giving up. I can relate to the dissapointment with your own body, I told you I felt like that after the c-section. However, now that my hormones are more settled, I look back and I actually have fond memories of my daughter's birth and I can now bring myself to say that I did give birth!
Hopefully, a few months down the road, when you see how well bottle feeding is working, you'll come to terms with it.
I won't tell you to not be mad about it. Be as mad as you need to be and then let it go =)
Gabe will be a bright, awesome kid regardless and you need your sanity back.

Speaking of sanity. Last night, I fed Amy at around 11 pm and she fell asleep. I went to bed, expecting to be woken up at around 3. Instead, next thing I know, I open my eyes and the sun is up. It was almost 7 am!!! :happydance:

Teddy went 8pm-5am with his feeds last night! I expected him to wake around midnight but he slept through that feed! Hope it's not just a fluke lol x

Im still getting up a few times a night although not sure on time as im to tired to check lol. Kacey seems to be getting so big but some how still fitting into newborn. We will probably be getting her weighed this week when i go to the doctors.
I had my 6 week check up and have lost 16 lbs since shes been born :happydance:.. a lot of clothes don't really fit me at all not before or during pregnancy ones but since we are moving next month i can't really afford to go get any new ones right now.. and tmi but im still having spoting :growlmad: i was told its normal but its getting really annoying..

Wow! And I was pleased with our night last night! Some of you had some mazing sleeps!!! Emery went to sleep at 1030pm and woke at 2am but since I was sleeping already at 9pm I got the longest stretch since he was born. :happydance: I was so rested that nursing him at 2am, 4am, and 6am didn't bother me at all!

Bumpin, about the BFing, I couldn't possibly say it better than Nits did so wws! You put in an amazing 7 WEEKS and I am so incredibly impressed with your commitment. You will find a new solution that works for you and your family. :hugs:

We have stopped bf too, we were combination but he was going on the boob for less and less time and slowly taking more formula, I tried to pump a few days ago and I only got a few drops so I think I'm pretty much dried up now!
I wish it would've worked out better but all the worry about his weight etc when he was born just ruined it for us, I'm still proud of myself that I managed to bf him for 6 weeks, considering I wasn't planning to at all I think I did okay x

I think everyone has done really well. 1 day, 2 days or 6 weeks is an amazing start for babies and no one should ever feel "bad" or guilty about stopping. I did a few days each with the boys and they're fine and dandy! It just happens to have worked out for me this time, I didnt find it anywhere near as hard so it just shows that all babies are different.
:hugs: xx

I agree nic, I only fed Jesse once and I don't think he ever suffered from not bf, x

Teddy did his first smile yesterday and he did it for jess! He hasn't stopped since lol!
It's his ultrasound on his hips today so keep your fingers crossed for us that his click has resolved itself xx

Good luck :thumbup: - Earl had a scan and he got the all clear at 6 weeks. Really quick and just a precaution.

Eddy is 4 weeks now - picture attached along with a big brother finger to the cheek lol.

So nice to hear of smiles and things coming out. We're getting lots of sleepy smiles but nothing much while awake. We had a mini one a couple of days ago. If the sleepy ones are anything to go by it's massively cute! lol

Oh - did or has anyones LO lost all their hair. Eddy is as bald as a coot at the moment. he's lost all the hair at the front, so he looks like an old man with a mullet! :blush: I know it's only hormonal but it still shocks me when I pick him up and see all the hair stuck to the sheet.

Attachments

• 4 weeks.jpg
    4 weeks.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 4
Ashlynn is losing her hair too!!! It's all over her sheets as well!! All gone on the tops and sides but still on the back. Bless her

Saskia hasn't lost any but the back is thinning out!1 She's going to get a bald patch :haha:

thanks for your support ladies. I can say that I did everything, and technically, I didn't give up, Gabe did. He started refusing to latch after my inlaws visit, and I pumped religiously every 2 hours hoping to maintain, or increase my supply. I watched the little supply that I had decrease over the week, and was able to pump less than an ounce in a 24 hour period. Gabe made the decision for us, but I needed a week to be able to accept it. I hope that when we decide to have another baby that I will be able to breastfeed, as the next baby will be my last baby. I also saw my Dr today for my pp checkup. I have a yeast infection in my nipples, which is why they hurt so much, and it also may be the reason, or part of, that Gabe refused to nurse...

Aimee - Gabe lost all of the hair on the top of his head, but its also rather long on the sides...its hilarious, as it really completes his "grumpy old man" look that he has had since he was born!

We got the all clear :happydance: so relieved now we don't have that hanging over us!

Teddy has gone bald on top too, he has loads of hair on the back though lol!

Here's a picture for those not on Facebook
https://i825.photobucket.com/albums/zz173/boothh/56a4c54b.jpg.

Xxx

Becki, that pic is BEAUTIFUL!

Amy hasn't lost any hair at all, but it's getting a bit lighter. She def has my skin tone but looks a lot like my husband.

As for smiles, it's like Eddy: she has the cute sleepy ones but I think I only saw her smile a few times when she's awake.

I got my IUD yesterday. Holy crap it hurt! Now I'm having period-like bleeding. I can't wait to try it, though :blush: I went with the copper, non hormonal one.

Interesting thing my OB told me: she said she thinks a vaginal birth would have been difficult for me. Apparently I have a very narrow cervix and I could have torn badly. Now I have even more to consider for next time U_U
Honestly, the first c-section is not bad at all but it's all the considerations afterwards that make it more difficult.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->